PSL "What-If" Scenario

ZachEY

First, credit where it is due, this is inspired by gg or sportsyenta over at twitter...

What if there is a lockout or strike next season, or replacement players? Will there be some acknowledgement of this in PSL costs, or did you just pay 20K to watch the garbage picking, field goal kicking, Philadelphia phenom?

I'm pretty certain I'd be looking to withhold payment in this scenario, that is, if I were ever more interested in buying a PSL than sending my future children to college.

First, credit where it is due, this is inspired by gg or sportsyenta over at twitter...

What if there is a lockout or strike next season, or replacement players? Will there be some acknowledgement of this in PSL costs, or did you just pay 20K to watch the garbage picking, field goal kicking, Philadelphia phenom?

I'm pretty certain I'd be looking to withhold payment in this scenario, that is, if I were ever more interested in buying a PSL than sending my future children to college.

LOL, nice sig.

This scenario is just a disaster all around. You know there would be no financial concession and you would have to watch replacement players. Good thread, terrible thought though.

I would imagine they would still have you pay. Is there a discount for pregames? Is there a discount say at the end of the year when your team has made the playoffs and they're playing the Danny Woodheads of the world...sorry Danny, nice story, but you ain't making it this time around.

I would imagine they would still have you pay. Is there a discount for pregames? Is there a discount say at the end of the year when your team has made the playoffs and they're playing the Danny Woodheads of the world...sorry Danny, nice story, but you ain't making it this time around.

No. But, neither of those things aren't within the realm of the expected costs.

What am I paying for if there is a lockout?

20K seems like a lot of money for me to do yard-work on sundays.

*I mean, if I were to actually buy a PSL, and if I were to actually do yard-work.

*I mean, if I were to actually buy a PSL, and if I were to actually do yard-work.

What I assume would happen:

If there is no games you won't have to pay the ticket price, but would get zero relief on the PSL. If there is replacement players you MIGHT get a discount on the ticket price, but once again no relief on the PSL payment.

For three burgers a pound of fries a shrimp poorboy and a Fresca I would come do your yard work.

I thought a lockout is different from a strike, and because of this they can't use scabs. Or am I imagining things. I thought I read that on this forum.

your right. If the Owners lock out the players which is what might happen, replacement players cant be used.

They can be used if the players go on strike though.

your right. If the Owners lock out the players which is what might happen, replacement players cant be used.

They can be used if the players go on strike though.

Oh so it depends on how the situation goes. Makes sense, owners can only use scabs if players are refusing to play. They can't refuse to pay the current players thier money and give it to scabs.

Oh so it depends on how the situation goes. Makes sense, owners can only use scabs if players are refusing to play. They can't refuse to pay the current players thier money and give it to scabs.

exactly, so in 2011 there will be NO football if the owners lock out the players.

Archived