Nats Take Bryce Harper #1 Overall

PS17

Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper in back to back years?

Is that even fair?

This kid will be a stud.

If they come close to approaching their potential, the Nats (already a .500 team as it is) are a title contender. Time will tell.

Exciting times for Nats fans. They land Harper and Strasburg makes his debut tomorrow night.

Their going to move him to the outfield, so I guess they're still expecting Jesus Flores, who I've already given up on, to amount to something behind the plate.

Boras doesn't want him catching. Doesn't mean the Nationals won't want him to.

Boras doesn't want him catching. Doesn't mean the Nationals won't want him to.

From what Rizzo has been saying he wants him in right field. He said, "I think we made the early decision that we are going to take the difficult position of catcher away from him and really let him concentrate on the offensive part of the game and let his athleticism take over as an outfielder".

Their going to move him to the outfield, so I guess they're still expecting Jesus Flores, who I've already given up on, to amount to something behind the plate.

I think they still have hopes for Derek Norris who is one the Nats top prospects but who has struggled with injury in the minors this year.

Harper is still only 17 yrs old and should only be a high school junior this year. It will be interesting to see if/when they can sign the kid and what the plans are for the minor leagues.

I wouldn't want Boras as my agent because he's sleazy

He also is willing to hurt prospects by taking such a hard stance (he won't take less than a certain amount due to his enormous ego) that the player's career will be delayed, to his detriment.

A-Rod's camp had to circumvent Boras to get a deal done with Seattle because Boras was being a prick

I'd rather negotiate my own deal and get less money than be associated with that scum

I wouldn't want Boras as my agent because he's sleazy

He also is willing to hurt prospects by taking such a hard stance (he won't take less than a certain amount due to his enormous ego) that the player's career will be delayed, to his detriment.

A-Rod's camp had to circumvent Boras to get a deal done with Seattle because Boras was being a prick

I'd rather negotiate my own deal and get less money than be associated with that scum

For all the times he hurt a player there are so many other times where he got mind boggling amounts of money for them. Its like he hypnotizes the GM during negotiations.

For all the times he hurt a player there are so many other times where he got mind boggling amounts of money for them. Its like he hypnotizes the GM during negotiations.

it's true he often gets absurd amounts for his players

but for Boras, it's about him, not about the player. He doesn't care about the player. He just wants to get huge deals to feed his enormous ego.

if as a player all you care about is which agent can get the most dollars, then maybe Boras. But beware, Boras does not care about your interests. He does not care if you lose years off your career or end up in a bad situation.

Archived