Ian O Connor Article-ESPN

yankees2022

when he started talking about the NBA and baseball for comparisons I had to chuckle

but this is just dumb;

"The Jets must confront the cold, hard truth: If Oakland's Nnamdi Asomugha has a deal averaging $15.1 million a pop, a superior player such as Revis has every right to ask for a superior wage."

revis needs to confront the cold hard truth that he is not a pending UFA, and does not have aso's leverage, and the cap number for the top 5 DB's is something like 9.8 million, not 15.1

when he started talking about the NBA and baseball for comparisons I had to chuckle

but this is just dumb;

"The Jets must confront the cold, hard truth: If Oakland's Nnamdi Asomugha has a deal averaging $15.1 million a pop, a superior player such as Revis has every right to ask for a superior wage."

revis needs to confront the cold hard truth that he is not a pending UFA, and does not have aso's leverage, and the cap number for the top 5 DB's is something like 9.8 million, not 15.1

The labor situation really makes this unique. The owners are pushing for some major givebacks from the players union. If that happens salaries are going down, not up. So topping an Al Davis salary...probably not going to happen. Not right now anyway.

The labor situation really makes this unique. The owners are pushing for some major givebacks from the players union. If that happens salaries are going down, not up. So topping an Al Davis salary...probably not going to happen. Not right now anyway.

Moreover, Davis will be able to withstand Aso's contract for the one more year it'll hurt his cap. The Jets would have to endure it for the next 5+ seasons of killing their cap.

Moreover, Davis will be able to withstand Aso's contract for the one more year it'll hurt his cap. The Jets would have to endure it for the next 5+ seasons of killing their cap.

Plus, the Raiders suck and unlike the Jets, have very few players that require new deals that are Pro Bowl caliber players at their respective positions.

Who needs a C, another CB, an ILB, two WRs and a DE anway, just bend over for MEvi$ and it will all be OK. :blink:

I have no doubt in my mind that Mangold will get his money next year, regardless of the Revis situation. Harris is probably the only one of our "core 4" who will end up being let go. We'll probably only sign 1 of the 2 receivers (Holmes) as well.

Not sure where DE comes into this. Shaun Ellis's replacement?

I have no doubt in my mind that Mangold will get his money next year, regardless of the Revis situation. Harris is probably the only one of our "core 4" who will end up being let go. We'll probably only sign 1 of the 2 receivers (Holmes) as well.

Not sure where DE comes into this. Shaun Ellis's replacement?

And we'll still need to sign Cro or his replacement no?

And we'll still need to sign Cro or his replacement no?

Presumably, we'll be paying either Revis OR Cromartie. If Revis gets his new deal, Cro is probably one-and-done unless he signs relatively cheap. Wilson starts opposite whoever is still around.

As for a "replacement CB", we'll probably draft one 2nd round or later. Rex loves him some corners, so we'll likely be drafting one just about every year as long as he's here.

Archived