Chicago Tribune article about LT

Kentucky Jet

Since when is 7-year vet Rivers a top 2-3 QB? That's news to me.

Hate to remind you, but Rivers' '09 season ended in the hands of a rookie named Sanchez.

Think about it.

sanchez played defense ?

weird

you can make the argument good old Norv and keating had more to do with it than sanchez. I love sanchez, but rivers is right there with manning and brees

Hate to remind you, but Rivers' '09 season ended in the hands of a rookie named Sanchez.

Think about it.

No, what I said is that for Sanchez to have a chance to be better than a guy who is already a top-5 QB, his upside needs to be more like top-3.

If you think he has a chance to be that, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Think about it.

lol

1 guy had #1 defense and running game.. the other had one of the worst rushing offenses and a mediocre (at best) defense..

are you seriously not able to look any deeper?

I love sanchez, but rivers is right there with manning and brees

Based on what? Your warm crack pipe? In six years Rivers has yet to achieve the success of Manning, Brees, Ben, Brady, Eli, McNabb, Flacco, Warner, and ... get this ... rookie Sanchez with a 31st ranked passing O-line.

And possibly other QBs currently in the league I overlooked.

Keep tokin' it.

There won't be a second year drop-off with Sanchez. He's gonna kick major asss.

Based on what? Your warm crack pipe? In six years Rivers has yet to achieve the success of Manning, Brees, Ben, Brady, Eli, McNabb, Flacco, Warner, and ... get this ... rookie Sanchez with a 31st ranked passing O-line.

And possibly other QBs currently in the league I overlooked.

Keep tokin' it.

There won't be a second year drop-off with Sanchez. He's gonna kick major asss.

This post has made me realize something.... you have one of the most apropos usernames on this site.

Over 6 years? Yeah, you're looking deep alright - up your rectal cavity.

He didn't start a game in his first two years in the league, so using "6 years" as a basis for an argument is moronic.

As a starter, he's 46-18 with a 105/44 TD/INT ratio and a better Y/A than any of the QB's you mentioned.

But, yeah, Sanchez's team won in the Divisional Round last year, so he must be better than Rivers.

This post has made me realize something.... you have one of the most apropos usernames on this site.

Maybe true. Thanks, I guess. I've had several over the years - all of which were carefully chosen, LOL. This is my first on JN, however. I honestly didn't know of this site till the day I registered for the first time not long ago.

If D'ead Brick gets off his lazy a$$ on pass plays, and Slauson or Ducasse perform as expected, and Sanchez has a boxed out pocket as in the last two Cinci games (like a QB should have every game), he's gonna throw for record yards repeatedly, and the negos here will scrounge for reasons to accredit others for his success. The defense, the running game, wang wang wang ...

The kid has a lot of talent. Gonna be a fun season.

He didn't start a game in his first two years in the league, so using "6 years" as a basis for an argument is moronic.

As a starter, he's 46-18 with a 105/44 TD/INT ratio and a better Y/A than any of the QB's you mentioned.

But, yeah, Sanchez's team won in the Divisional Round last year, so he must be better than Rivers.

Wot?

Are you saying Sanchez, who won the starting job his rookie year, while Rivers needed two years and Brees to be traded is no basis for the argument that Sanchez accomplished more in less time? He also took his team further into the playoffs his first year as a pro. Where was Rivers?

Oh yeah, those stats did a lot for him. LOL.

Dude, lay off the Elmer's Glue.

I'm confused....Mark Sanchez is better/more valuable than Phillip Rivers? I'm okay with that this year :D

Although I have that optomism there is no way in hell Sanchez > Rivers. I'm a die hard Jet fan but a more-than-casual Charger fan and usually watch a dozen games over the course of the year and Rivers is by far a more superior QB. Sure he's a jackass, short tempered and throws everyone else but himself under the bus, he's a HELL of a QB. Last year with an awful rushing attack and subpar D they made it to the divisional game. San Diego losing fell on the hands of their D unable to stop Shonne Green and Nate Kaeding choking big time in the clutch. He makes everybody play better around them, and was only 250 yards away from 3 1000 yard WRs.

Take off the green goggles, since its sickening to think Sanchez (last year and this year) will be better than Rivers. With the looks of it, San Diego's fate rests solely on his shoulders and could be difficult if McNeil and Jackson are out for extensive periods. Sanchez has the potential and tools to be a great player, but Rivers is the 4th if not 5th best QB in the NFL (1. Manning 2. Brees 3. Brady 4. Rivers)

Wot?

Are you saying Sanchez, who won the starting job his rookie year, while Rivers needed two years and Brees to be traded is no basis for the argument that Sanchez accomplished more in less time? He also took his team further into the playoffs his first year as a pro. Where was Rivers?

Oh yeah, those stats did a lot for him. LOL.

Dude, lay off the Elmer's Glue.

You're an idiot and need to get your facts straight. Drew Brees tore his labrum in week 17 in 2005 and it was just so happened that his contract was up. SD was in the dilemma of signing Brees long term knowing he had shoulder reconstruction, franchise him and pay almost 25 mil to 2 QBs or let him walk. That was the same year Daunte Culpepper was a FA and went to Miami, and Pennington went down for his torn rotator cuff. The Jets had TONS of interest in both QBs because of them being great prospects, but passed on Brees afraid of having a Pennington ver 2.0.

The argument of Rivers "needing" 2 years wasn't for the fact that he was bad, it was because Brees the year immediately after Rivers was drafted played fantastic and showed promise as a QB. Instead of throwing him the fire, they rolled with the hot hand veteran who knew the system. What makes your sound ridiculous was because Sanchez beat Kellen Clemens and Erik Ainge that it shows merit to him being a better QB than Rivers. Sanchez was not the reason why the Jets made the playoffs, hell they made it in spite of him. Rivers made them the #2 in the AFC, carried their offense and was the saving grace to them not looking totally silly for letting Brees walk.

Rivers is a better QB that makes better decisions, and just so happens to have the best TE in the NFL at his disposal. Throw in Jackson is a pretty darn talented WR along with Malcolm Floyd, yeah I'll take Rivers any day of the week. If Rivers were a Jet, ANYONE -- Jet homer or any NFL analyst would pencil them into the Superbowl, hell even over Indy. Your love for Sanchez is honorable but is blind and misinformed

You're an idiot and need to get your facts straight. Drew Brees tore his labrum in week 17 in 2005 and it was just so happened that his contract was up. SD was in the dilemma of signing Brees long term knowing he had shoulder reconstruction, franchise him and pay almost 25 mil to 2 QBs or let him walk. That was the same year Daunte Culpepper was a FA and went to Miami, and Pennington went down for his torn rotator cuff. The Jets had TONS of interest in both QBs because of them being great prospects, but passed on Brees afraid of having a Pennington ver 2.0.

The argument of Rivers "needing" 2 years wasn't for the fact that he was bad, it was because Brees the year immediately after Rivers was drafted played fantastic and showed promise as a QB. Instead of throwing him the fire, they rolled with the hot hand veteran who knew the system. What makes your sound ridiculous was because Sanchez beat Kellen Clemens and Erik Ainge that it shows merit to him being a better QB than Rivers. Sanchez was not the reason why the Jets made the playoffs, hell they made it in spite of him. Rivers made them the #2 in the AFC, carried their offense and was the saving grace to them not looking totally silly for letting Brees walk.

Rivers is a better QB that makes better decisions, and just so happens to have the best TE in the NFL at his disposal. Throw in Jackson is a pretty darn talented WR along with Malcolm Floyd, yeah I'll take Rivers any day of the week. If Rivers were a Jet, ANYONE -- Jet homer or any NFL analyst would pencil them into the Superbowl, hell even over Indy. Your love for Sanchez is honorable but is blind and misinformed

Nice post...now you'll have to wait for the biggest homer outside of DWC to tell you that Brees "isn't that good" and that Eric Ainge has more upside and therefore Sanchez is the better qb. He may cap it off with some mantra about Favre having testicles and that greendazer is the only one to effectively lick them to completion.

Then...of course...the drug reference to rap it all up in an attempt to call every poster on JN a drug user.

Sweet.

Archived