I was impressed last night with

DMaynard

The second team dee definitely responded to the criticism from the jint game. Very good to see. They shut down Carolina's 1's for a good stretch. Gholston and Lowery both made plays.

The special teams -especially the coverage teams- were nothing short of great. Nick Folk, baby!

Joe McKnight clearly seemed to pick it up, too. He seemed to be doing what Rex asked of him; keep banging it inside and see what pops out the other side. The punt return was a nice demonstration of some innate talent. That was a nice job of running. Jets offense didn't do much at all last night, but McKnight looked to be ahead of Washington to me.

McKnight seemed to be dancing less, it seemed more like the lanes just collapsed as fast as they opened.

I'm curious what they were trying to do with the line last night. Guessing they were trying something new, because most of them looked uncharacteristically poor

Gholston (My Lord, he looked like a football player)

Kenwin Cummings (covered ground and laid some hits)

Jamaal Westerman (prediction - he will be starting opposite Pace in 2011 - you heard it here first)

Marquice Cole (this guy should absolutely be kept over Drew Coleman if it comes down to those two for one spot)Brodney Pool (I like this guy's range)

Nick Folk (we finally have a kicker who can kick off into the end zone consistently - and so far, so good with the FG accuracy)

Joe McKnight (ran a little harder and the punt return was pretty)

Chauncey Washington (great punt coverage hit and ran hard - fumble was bad)

And of course, Leonhard was great, but you expect that from him.

One more thing. Can either Brunell or Clemens hit the broad side of a barn?

To add. Dwight Lowery played a very good game last night.

Taking Brunell out to the barn and shooting him would be an act of mercy for all concerned.

+1

Most of the protection failures were on the left side, as usual.

The first sack on Sanchez was classic D'eadBrick. He's back to his old lazy ways of standing like a tree and trying to block, instead of using quick feet to let the DE in and spin his wheels, as you push him out and away or anywhere but toward the QB.

Classic D'eadBrick bump & quit matador style of pass blocking. He pulled that crap all last season on our 31st ranked air attack.

Both Greene and McNight look no better than TJ. Jus sayin.

Brunell is an absolute joke. Instead of using the '09 Saints as a reason to want him, we should've taken the 2010 Saints' message when they made no effort to resign him. They were right, he's no longer a productive QB. It's a shame we're wasting valuable snaps on this jerk.

Bottom line, I'm glad we're showing our flaws in preseason.

Blah, blah, blah. You act as if you are alone in this anti-Schottenheimer crusade when 3/4 of this board was on that bandwagon before you even got here. This is typical Jets fan talk. Everybody on the team is either the best or the worst. The fact is, Schottenheimer is a fair OC. Like many of them, he has a tendency to outsmart himself and get too cute. Big ****ing deal. Almost every decent OC I've ever seen does that. Is he the be all, end all? Nope, but I doubt Callahan is going to be this great revelation. He didn't do very well in Nebraska and things didn't end very well for him in Oakland either.

Tons of facts. Tons of quotes from other coaches saying how good he is. Tons of quotes from former players like Favre and Penny saying he was good and they learned so much from him.

Truth is Schotty has never had an offense in the top half of the league. Its because he sucks.

Tons of facts. Tons of quotes from other coaches saying how good he is. Tons of quotes from former players like Favre and Penny saying he was good and they learned so much from him.

Truth is Schotty has never had an offense in the top half of the league. Its because he sucks.

Dude, what time zone are you in? This should have been up for hours and I'm already awake and ready to respond.

Actually, the only time he had an NFL QB they were in the top half. They were actually way better than that before Broadway Brett and his ancient arm sh*t the bed down the stretch. I won't give him too much credit for that because you can't blame Favre for not learning and playing within the offense without giving him credit for dragging them up to the top where they were for the first 3/4 of 2008. I'm not saying how good Schottenheimer is, I'm not saying they can't do better. I'm saying be careful what you wish for because they can certainly do much worse.

Dude, what time zone are you in? This should have been up for hours and I'm already awake and ready to respond.

Actually, the only time he had an NFL QB they were in the top half. They were actually way better than that before Broadway Brett and his ancient arm sh*t the bed down the stretch. I won't give him too much credit for that because you can't blame Favre for not learning and playing within the offense without giving him credit for dragging them up to the top where they were for the first 3/4 of 2008. I'm not saying how good Schottenheimer is, I'm not saying they can't do better. I'm saying be careful what you wish for because they can certainly do much worse.

Yeah not to defend going shotgun-empty when you're the best running team in the game, but....

Shotty has been cursed with having some of the crappiest QB situations. A crippled Chad Pennington, Kellen Clemens, a Brett who doesn't want to be there and doesn't get there in time to learn the system, now Mark Sanchez in his rookie year, etc.

In 08 the Jets were 16th in yards per game. In a 32 team league I consider 16th to be average. Schotty has not had an above average NFL offense in his time in the league. This is because he is not above average in coaching ability. He is a god awful coach in every single way and only got into the NFL because of daddy.

Eventually Schotty will leave and ruin some other team and then the proof will be there for everyone to see. Schotty is on the last year of his contract, I hope to god this is his last year dragging the Jets down.

In 08 the Jets were 16th in yards per game. In a 32 team league I consider 16th to be average. Schotty has not had an above average NFL offense in his time in the league. This is because he is not above average in coaching ability. He is a god awful coach in every single way and only got into the NFL because of daddy.

Eventually Schotty will leave and ruin some other team and then the proof will be there for everyone to see. Schotty is on the last year of his contract, I hope to god this is his last year dragging the Jets down.

I'm not touting his brilliance. I am also not claiming 16 in yards is great. You said he was never in the top half of the league in O, 16 in yards and 9th in points is in the top half. I simply don't agree that he is horrible.

I also don't see him as "ruining" our great team. In fact, I think our offensive personnel has been pretty crappy most of his tenure. QBs? They've mostly sucked. This is the first year he'll have GOOD WR IMO. Coles and Cotchery are quality WR, but they are not top flight and neither is a true #1. Thomas Jones is a fairly middle of the road back IMO and the only other every down back they've had is Barlow. Of course, the LG situation or RB situation could blow up in our face, but assuming Schotty has any player input that's on him. I don't think he's great or particularly good, I just think comments like yours are over the top.

+1

Both Greene and McNight look no better than TJ. Jus sayin.

McNight? Yes. A lot to prove. Greene??? You are basing this on two pre-season games and ignoring what he did in the post season of last year? He makes TJ look like a statue.

Archived