Football Outsiders Football Almanac New York Jets

Jetscode1

Stumbled across the this ten-page analysis on the JETS...looks like all the hype caused them to provide a free teaser to their annual Football Almanac...

Great Stuff...examples:

1. Revis's dominant 2009 season better than Woodson...proper context...a WR shattering Jerry Rice's single season receiving record by 500 yards.

2. Sanchez 2009 season compares to JaMarcus Russell but also to Troy Aikman, Neil Lomax or Jim Everett.

3. Jets defense achilles heal...the screen pass...allowed a league high 10.6 yards per pass.

4. Mangold named FO "Offensive Lineman of the Year".

Check out the sampler here...

My link

3. Jets defense achilles heal...the screen pass...allowed a league high 10.6 yards per pass.

My link

This is where, hopefully, guys like Jason Taylor, Vernon Gholston and our regular pass-rushers can make an impact. Its simple really. The more pressure we can apply with just 4 or 5 guys, the less we have to blitz, and the less teams can beat us with screens.

This is where, hopefully, guys like Jason Taylor, Vernon Gholston and our regular pass-rushers can make an impact. Its simple really. The more pressure we can apply with just 4 or 5 guys, the less we have to blitz, and the less teams can beat us with screens.

Jason Taylor is a double agent. You don't really think he's going to play hard for the Jets, do you?

Stumbled across the this ten-page analysis on the JETS...looks like all the hype caused them to provide a free teaser to their annual Football Almanac...

Great Stuff...examples:

1. Revis's dominant 2009 season better than Woodson...proper context...a WR shattering Jerry Rice's single season receiving record by 500 yards.

2. Sanchez 2009 season compares to JaMarcus Russell but also to Troy Aikman, Neil Lomax or Jim Everett.

4. Mangold named FO "Offensive Lineman of the Year".

Check out the sampler here...

My link

"Pythagorean Wins: 11.4 (6th)"

The joke writes itself.

Archived