Mark Brunell = RICK MIRER

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you think that Sanchez at 23 is going to tear his achilles like the 36 yr old Vinny in the first game of the season?

Achilles isnt what im worried about.....what if we start 0-3 with the Defense giving up a combined 32 points in those games and Sanchez has something like a 65 qb rating with 2 td's and 5 ints?? Would you want to keep sending him out there for him to regain his footing/experience or is the ultimate goal to win the SB this year?? Sanchez isnt the sure thing that everyone seems to be making him out to be. Do we keep trotting him out if he has a horid start and the D is shutting other teams down?? Without a true backup QB, we dont even give ourselves the chance to make a change if he comes out like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco did last year!

I am rooting hard for the kid but draft position doesnt equal automatic success when it comes to NFL QB's

And lets not forget about that recently operated on knee....its not an achilles but.......

Achilles isnt what im worried about.....what if we start 0-3 with the Defense giving up a combined 32 points in those games and Sanchez has something like a 65 qb rating with 2 td's and 5 ints?? Would you want to keep sending him out there for him to regain his footing/experience or is the ultimate goal to win the SB this year?? Sanchez isnt the sure thing that everyone seems to be making him out to be. Do we keep trotting him out if he has a horid start and the D is shutting other teams down?? Without a true backup QB, we dont even give ourselves the chance to make a change if he comes out like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco did last year!

I am rooting hard for the kid but draft position doesnt equal automatic success when it comes to NFL QB's

And lets not forget about that recently operated on knee....its not an achilles but.......

Your what ifs are almost as far fetched as the "sure thing"

But IF that was the case who should we of had as our backup?

Your what ifs are almost as far fetched as the "sure thing"

Which part of the suggestion that Sanchez will basically replicate his 2009 numbers in losses to the Ravens, the Patriots and at Miami in September is farfetched exactly?

The biggest hypefest for a Jets team since 1999 and we havnt learned from our mistakes........GOD FORBID Sanchez cant play and we have this stiff to root for. I would rather Vinny T un-retire than have to put my hopes and dreams in friggin Brunells wrinkly hands!

If Mark Brunell or Kellen Clemens need to play for an extended period of time, the Jets aren't going far anyway.

The ironic thing is you are complaining about a 40 yard QB having wrinkly hands, yet, you want an almost 50 year old to unretire.

Which part of the suggestion that Sanchez will basically replicate his 2009 numbers in losses to the Ravens, the Patriots and at Miami in September is farfetched exactly?

Last year we opened 3-0 against Houston, New England and Tennessee, I don't expect him to take that much of a step back in year two.

Again, who should our backup be?

Sanchez is not getting benched. Get a clue.

Woody, Tanny, and Rex view Sanchez as the franchise. Even if he struggles they will continue to send him out there. Why? Because the extra experience does him well in the future.

So you think that Sanchez at 23 is going to tear his achilles like the 36 yr old Vinny in the first game of the season?

No, but 2 knee surgeries in 3 seasons is cause for concern. I'd like to have a more adequate back up. Brunnell is gawd awful. A total waste of space. He's got no business on the field. You want him to mentor the model, fine, but to save a roster spot for him and think if the model gets hurt that he's going to win games for you is moronic. Shame on the Jets if they truly believe that.

I agree with JoJo here. SB caliber team, question mark at QB (injuries, sucktitude), why not get a back up that is actually capable of playing the game.

So, because he didn't make every effort to lose during the first 3 games of last season, you are expecting the same result again this year?

No, but I'm not expecting him to not gain anything from last year's experience either.

No, but 2 knee surgeries in 3 seasons is cause for concern. I'd like to have a more adequate back up. Brunnell is gawd awful. A total waste of space. He's got no business on the field. You want him to mentor the model, fine, but to save a roster spot for him and think if the model gets hurt that he's going to win games for you is moronic. Shame on the Jets if they truly believe that.

I agree with JoJo here. SB caliber team, question mark at QB (injuries, sucktitude), why not get a back up that is actually capable of playing the game.

Who?

No, but I'm not expecting him to not gain anything from last year's experience either.

It's the schedule. He could be better and still put up crap numbers while we lose the first three games. I'm not saying that the scenario is more likely to happen than not but it's hardly implausible.

Not sure....how bout anyone besides Brunnell?

And for debate purposes...

Kellen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brunell.

He's that bad and Kellen was undefeated in 2009.

I did not see one person post they rather have Brunell be the backup over Kellen.

So who's this Anyone Besides, I never heard of him. B)

It's the schedule. He could be better and still put up crap numbers while we lose the first three games. I'm not saying that the scenario is more likely to happen than not but it's hardly implausible.

I never said it was implausible, but our opening schedule last year was no cake walk either, and I'd say the team has been upgraded and Sanchez has got some valuable experience since then.

The Jets aren't winning a SB with a backup QB.

Not sure....how bout anyone besides Brunnell?

And for debate purposes...

Kellen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brunell.

He's that bad and Kellen was undefeated in 2009.

FYI, Kellen is going to make the team. So what's your point? Kellen and Brunell will be the backups. So will Brad Smith.

I never said it was implausible, but our opening schedule last year was no cake walk either, and I'd say the team has been upgraded and Sanchez has got some valuable experience since then.

No, you said it was farfetched; I'm not going to argue vague nonsense like "no cake walk;" and I agree.

I did not see one person post they rather have Brunell be the backup over Kellen.

So who's this Anyone Besides, I never heard of him. B)

I'm not a GM, I dont research every available back up in the league...but plenty of teams have adequate back ups that they added this offseason.

The Jets aren't winning a SB with a backup QB.

I'm sure the Rams said the same thing in 99.

And further, why not? Its not like the Jets made it to the AFC Champ game last year because of their starter.

FYI, Kellen is going to make the team. So what's your point? Kellen and Brunell will be the backups. So will Brad Smith.

My point is, Brunnell is an absolute waste of space. If he's preventing us from keeping depth on the team, then its pointless and the Jets should be ashamed.

Archived