Tight End situation

KudosForND

I've been thinking we'd see more of Keller as what would traditionally be considered a Wide-out these first 4 weeks. Just look at the WR depth chart...not much there. Keller, while he has improved, isn't the worlds greatest blocker, and I BELIEVE Mulligan has been doing a pretty decent job at blocking. Keep in mind, we're a run-first team still...so interchanging of the TE position should be expected.

I've been thinking we'd see more of Keller as what would traditionally be considered a Wide-out these first 4 weeks. Just look at the WR depth chart...not much there. Keller, while he has improved, isn't the worlds greatest blocker, and I BELIEVE Mulligan has been doing a pretty decent job at blocking. Keep in mind, we're a run-first team still...so interchanging of the TE position should be expected.

That makes allot of sense, good post.

Logical enough, but I don't think this is the case. I'd still expect Hartsock to be the top "blocking" TE. Keller may run some plays split, but he won't be a WR. They have specifically been practicing with Cumberland and Woodhead at WR this week. If Keller were practicing there I'm sure it would have been mentioned. These depth charts are usually pretty unreliable, but I have to admit that one is pretty good. The only other strange items are backups on the D.

http://www.newyorkje...epth-chart.html

I checked and there is no category for H-Back. The most likely explanation is that Keller is the starting H-Back but they were too lazy to list it that way. But I wouldn't bet the house on it, Keller is a lightweight blocker and maybe thats hurting him with Rex.

I don't know what's up with that depth chart, but Keller is the starting TE. He could potentially lead the Jets in receptions this year.

Hartsock is the primary blocking TE.

Cumberland is working with the receivers this month, and is probably Keller's primary backup as a receiving TE.

Mulligan is a special teamer.

Archived