New York Jets news and notes

Maxman

New York Jets news and notes

by Tyson Rauch on September 24, 2010

in Jet News,Tyson Rauch,Writers

1) Pace, Revis out- The Jets have ruled out Calvin Pace and Darrelle Revis for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins. As expected rookie Kyle Wilson will start in Revis’ place with Antonio Cromartie slated to cover Brandon Marshall.

2) Mangold expected to play- Center Nick Mangold has not been practicing due to a shoulder injury (AC joint sprain), but is expected to play on Sunday. If Mangold suffers a setback the Jets could be in some trouble as his backup Wayne Turner is dealing with a ugly shin injury. Rex Ryan stated that if Turner was unable to go, rookie Vlad Ducasse would be activated. (Translation keep your fingers crossed with Mangold)

3) Taylor set to face his old team- Jason Taylor has been dealing with an elbow injury, but is expected to play on Sunday. I think you would have had to break both of Jason’s legs in order to keep him out of this game.

4) Jets waive Brown- The New York Jets officially announced that they have waived tackle Patrick Brown. Brown was inactive for the first 2 games and many are predicting that wide receiver Patrick Turner will take his roster spot.

5) Great Rex quote- As some of you may remember Rex Ryan had an incident at an mixed martial arts event in Florida where he predicted the Jets would beat the Dolphins and ended up flipping off a fan. When asked what he expects from Dolphin fans:

“I think they’re really going to give me a good ovation when I come out there. Don’t you think? I would expect a standing ovation. That’s one of those deals (where) I’m coming out with a helmet (laughter). I’ll try to sneak out there a little bit. That’s why I’ve been losing a lot of weight. Maybe they won’t recognize me, ‘I think he’s back in there. I think he’s coming out a little later.’”

6) One last note on Braylon Edwards- It seems like everyone and their mother has expressed their opinion about the Braylon Edwards DWI arrest. Could you imagine if this time and effort was put into fixing our economy?

http://www.jetnation...ws-and-notes-4/

5) Great Rex quote- As some of you may remember Rex Ryan had an incident at an mixed martial arts event in Florida where he predicted the Jets would beat the Dolphins and ended up flipping off a fan. When asked what he expects from Dolphin fans:

“I think they’re really going to give me a good ovation when I come out there. Don’t you think? I would expect a standing ovation. That’s one of those deals (where) I’m coming out with a helmet (laughter). I’ll try to sneak out there a little bit. That’s why I’ve been losing a lot of weight. Maybe they won’t recognize me, ‘I think he’s back in there. I think he’s coming out a little later.’”

Rex need not worry - over half the stadium will be Jets fans anyway!

2) Mangold expected to play- Center Nick Mangold has not been practicing due to a shoulder injury (AC joint sprain), but is expected to play on Sunday. If Mangold suffers a setback the Jets could be in some trouble as his backup Wayne Turner is dealing with a ugly shin injury. Rex Ryan stated that if Turner was unable to go, rookie Vlad Ducasse would be activated. (Translation keep your fingers crossed with Mangold)

Any clarification on which backup OL is hurt, Wayne Hunter or Robert Turner? I've seen conflicting reports and now this piece referring to the person in question as "Wayne Turner" is making me only more confused. :P

While I'd obviously prefer they both be healthy, if one is going to miss the game I'm hoping it's Hunter because while he may be the backup at OT, Turner seems to be able to play pretty much any position on the line and is Mangold's primary backup, which is important given his injury.

Any clarification on which backup OL is hurt, Wayne Hunter or Robert Turner? I've seen conflicting reports and now this piece referring to the person in question as "Wayne Turner" is making me only more confused. :P

While I'd obviously prefer they both be healthy, if one is going to miss the game I'm hoping it's Hunter because while he may be the backup at OT, Turner seems to be able to play pretty much any position on the line and is Mangold's primary backup, which is important given his injury.

My bad fellas this is what I get for writing at 5am..Hunter is out from a shin inury..Wayne Hunter that is

Archived