Lee's wife harassed

nypimp17

Report: Cliff Lee's wife harassed

Fans' treatment of Cliff Lee's wife at Yankee Stadium might not help recruitment of one of the game's top left-handed pitchers.

During the AL Championship Series games in New York between the Yankees and Rangers, fans were extremely rude to Kristen Lee, spitting and throwing beer in her direction and shouting obscenities, according to USA Today.

More On The Yankees

Want to get the scoop on everything in pinstripes? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Lee starts Game 1 of the World Series against the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday after helping Texas beat New York in the ALCS in six games. But there has been widespread speculation that the Yankees will make a serious run at signing Lee when he becomes a free agent after the season.

The reported incidents could not have helped that cause.

"The fans did not do good things in my heart," Kristen Lee said, according to the newspaper. "When people are staring at you, and saying horrible things, it's hard not to take it personal."

Kristen Lee sat in the visiting family section, according to USA Today.

What could counter-balance Kristen Lee's bad experience is her close relationship with CC Sabathia's wife, Amber. They have been close since Sabathia and Cliff Lee played together in Cleveland.

Cliff Lee and Sabathia are friends as well. The Sabathias and Lees already were discussing where the Lees should live when it appeared as if the Yankees were going to make a trade for Lee in July.

The Yankees are expected to make Lee their No. 1 free agent target. He will likely receive a deal in the five-to-seven year range at $100 million to $150 million. It also could be Lee's final major contract; he turns 33 during next season

How many think that hes not going to come to the Yankees anymore?

Nothing an extra $30 million won't fix. ;)

I see you make alot of Francessa references...You a daily listener?

What a bunch of assholes for doing that...1. because she's a lady 2. because Yankee fans will do soooooo much cryyying if Lee isn't a Yankee and 3. sore losers are fags.

Lee to the Yankees is something I just don't see happening. Purely a gut thing, but he strikes me as a guy who wants to take down the beast rather than join it.

I see you make alot of Francessa references...You a daily listener?

What a bunch of assholes for doing that...1. because she's a lady 2. because Yankee fans will do soooooo much cryyying if Lee isn't a Yankee and 3. sore losers are fags.

Lee to the Yankees is something I just don't see happening. Purely a gut thing, but he strikes me as a guy who wants to take down the beast rather than join it.

I listen to him sometimes, but you have to turn the radio down when you call in, and he did not say that a caller did. B)

I don't think they sign Lee either, but nothing would surprise me.

Archived