Some Sanchez numbers.

SenorGato

The 2nd year QB has moved from:

8 less TDs than INTs to 4 more TDs than INTs

Same completion percentage, but with 80 more passes thrown this year to this point...He's on pace to throw like 150 more passes than he did last year.

Sack% has gone from 6.7% as a rookie to 5.6% as a 2nd year player. For a point of reference...Tom Brady in his career is at 4.9%.

Last year he threw 5 TDs to change a lead all year (not including playoffs). This year he's got 8 with 3 games to go.

Last year he threw 34 passes for 20+ yards and 8 passes for 40+ yards. This year he is at 40 and 10.

He has been sacked 26 times last year. He was sacked 26 times last year. Last year he lost 195 yards getting sacked. This year he has lost 171 yards.

His INT% was 5.5 last year (which btw is pretty gd high). This year his INT% is at 2.7.

His YPA and YPC are pretty much the same.

Note: He's doing this with a home stadium that seems to deflate passing (and I'd guess kicking) stats this year. Not only do the tenants of the New Meadowlands struggle passing the ball consistently, but we've seen good QBs like Eli (who is a tenant, sue me), Rodgers, and Brady have trouble in the stadium. Also note that last year's running game was much better than this year's.

So he seems to have improved a decent amount this year. Obviously not enough, but the improvements are there and the numbers bare it out for the most part. What should be taken from this?

Very true that the running game has declined of late. I think that and the pressure on Sanchez in the pocket is due to our offensive line not playing well for the past month or so.

The troubling thing about Sanchez is how scared he looked in NE and again Sunday. Really have a issue with him being off on fairly easy passes. He gets another season or two before we can label him a bad draft choice but the last few games have been a major step backwards. His stat improvement also comes against a fairly easy schedule.

His stat improvement also comes against a fairly easy schedule.

Problem with thinking like this is that not only can you do this to any QB, but there's also the famous "you cant pick your schedule" line. Who has Sam Bradford played? Matt Stafford's big win in his career is still that comeback against last year's Browns.

Have to agree that he's looked decidedly nervous these past two weeks. Perhaps it's because this December isn't scripted out to have a fairy tale ending like last year? I knew his first real December would be rough, but I really didn't expect to feel like he's lost his cool. The running game and WRs are not helping either...At all really. It's a given that the 2nd year QB will be inconsistent...to throw a bunch of young veterans being inconsistent on top of that and we're flirting with disaster.

Problem with thinking like this is that not only can you do this to any QB, but there's also the famous "you cant pick your schedule" line. Who has Sam Bradford played? Matt Stafford's big win in his career is still that comeback against last year's Browns.

Have to agree that he's looked decidedly nervous these past two weeks. Perhaps it's because this December isn't scripted out to have a fairy tale ending like last year? I knew his first real December would be rough, but I really didn't expect to feel like he's lost his cool. The running game and WRs are not helping either...At all really. It's a given that the 2nd year QB will be inconsistent...to throw a bunch of young veterans being inconsistent on top of that and we're flirting with disaster.

Oh I agree completely. It is not just him. In fact we would be out of the play-off picture if not for him bailing us out in a few games. Lots of issues with the team right now.

His completion percentage needs to improve. He might never get to 65% where the elite QBs usually sit, but if he gets to around 60% plus i'll be ecstatic.

We're left with a sour taste in our mouth cause his last 2 games he regressed into something ugly. Prior to the last two games he had a TD-INT ratio of 2 and that's around where the good QBs usually sit in an average year. The elite usually have a higher ratio than that, but are also capable of dipping below two as well.

Consistency is also key. He's erratic as **** this year. And the reason why we all feel like he's having a sh*tty year is because he started off the year well, but since Denver has posted 8TDs and 12INTs.

The 2nd year QB has moved from:

8 less TDs than INTs to 4 more TDs than INTs

Same completion percentage, but with 80 more passes thrown this year to this point...He's on pace to throw like 150 more passes than he did last year.

Sack% has gone from 6.7% as a rookie to 5.6% as a 2nd year player. For a point of reference...Tom Brady in his career is at 4.9%.

Last year he threw 5 TDs to change a lead all year (not including playoffs). This year he's got 8 with 3 games to go.

Last year he threw 34 passes for 20+ yards and 8 passes for 40+ yards. This year he is at 40 and 10.

He has been sacked 26 times last year. He was sacked 26 times last year. Last year he lost 195 yards getting sacked. This year he has lost 171 yards.

His INT% was 5.5 last year (which btw is pretty gd high). This year his INT% is at 2.7.

His YPA and YPC are pretty much the same.

Note: He's doing this with a home stadium that seems to deflate passing (and I'd guess kicking) stats this year. Not only do the tenants of the New Meadowlands struggle passing the ball consistently, but we've seen good QBs like Eli (who is a tenant, sue me), Rodgers, and Brady have trouble in the stadium. Also note that last year's running game was much better than this year's.

So he seems to have improved a decent amount this year. Obviously not enough, but the improvements are there and the numbers bare it out for the most part. What should be taken from this?

SCHOTTY STILL SUCKS. The talent of this team is masking it again this year.

Semper Fi

Very true that the running game has declined of late. I think that and the pressure on Sanchez in the pocket is due to our offensive line not playing well for the past month or so.

The troubling thing about Sanchez is how scared he looked in NE and again Sunday. Really have a issue with him being off on fairly easy passes. He gets another season or two before we can label him a bad draft choice but the last few games have been a major step backwards. His stat improvement also comes against a fairly easy schedule.

I know teams are making it a point to stop the run, but wasnt this the case in the playoffs last year, yet we still were able to run the ball. I think Callahan is doing a great job, is the problem Callahan creating the correct kind of running plays for each opponent, or Schotty just not calling the right ones in the appropriate situations?

Archived