Yankees sign Mark Prior

SenorGato

to a minor league deal.

This would have sounded alot better in 1998 (Yankees drafted him as a HS...he went to USC)...anyway...Prior still hasn't quit on a comeback...I gotta say I respect that. Loved watching this guy pitch back in '03...he was Strasburg before Strasburg, and scary good. G'luck to him in his ventures with the Yankees.

to a minor league deal.

This would have sounded alot better in 1998 (Yankees drafted him as a HS...he went to USC)...anyway...Prior still hasn't quit on a comeback...I gotta say I respect that. Loved watching this guy pitch back in '03...he was Strasburg before Strasburg, and scary good. G'luck to him in his ventures with the Yankees.

Low risk high reward signing. What are the Yankees using the Sox playbook now?

Low risk high reward signing. What are the Yankees using the Sox playbook now?

Reward's probably not that high..Prior's arm was shot with the Cubs...mostly I think teams just likes the guy and want to give him a chance so long as he's still got the will to make the comeback effort.

It'd be a great day to see Prior throw a ML pitch again...the fact that this guy isn't the best pitcher in baseball right now is a crime. Guy had legend written all over him and then poof done.

Reward's probably not that high..Prior's arm was shot with the Cubs...mostly I think teams just likes the guy and want to give him a chance so long as he's still got the will to make the comeback effort.

It'd be a great day to see Prior throw a ML pitch again...the fact that this guy isn't the best pitcher in baseball right now is a crime. Guy had legend written all over him and then poof done.

If he punched Dusty Baker in the face would any of us really blame him?

Yeah he looked to be the next all-time great. Not a bad no risk move by the Yanks. Longshot but boy the talent was there pre-injuries.

Archived