The 2010 NFL Draft

DonCorleone

you are expecting too much of them too soon. This was more of a depth draft then anything. Remember that two of the picks, Wilson and Ducasse are learning new positions. Wilson is used to being a #1 corner, now he is learning the slot. Not easy, Ducasse is new to football and was a tackle, left I believe.

McKnight, not a good runner, yet. He is making contributions on special teams so far, and that is the minimum of what you ask of a 4th round pick

I don't get the unbelievable hate for this draft in 8 months time. Just look at them each individually, and I'm not sure what there's to be that upset about.

Kyle Wilson - Had a rough start and Ryan admittedly said he handled the situation wrong. He was bumped down the depth chart for a while, but worked his way back up the depth chart. Since he's earned himself more playing time he's played really well as the Jets nickleback. He's shown great improvement since where he was at early in the season. What else would you ask of him considering he's behind Revis and Cromartie on the depth chart?

Vlad Ducasse - Admittedly hasn't done much and was buried as the #8 OL behind the starting 5, Turner and Hunter. Got beat out for the starting job by Slauson and is behind two pretty good backups. Is a disappointment probably mostly due to the fact that he was so hyped up when it was reported the Jets were thinking of taking him in round 1. This guy was a small-school, long-term prospect from the start and still is. Tough to say much about him this early on.

Joe McKnight - Had a rough start and got a lot of heat early for it, but has really turned it around. Since then, he's gotten it together and not only got out of the coaches doghouse, but has gotten himself playing time. Went from being seen as a guy who had all the talent in the world, but wasn't willing to put in the work, to excelling in an area of football that's more about hard work and just outfighting the other guy than anything else. He's been nothing short of awesome on special teams these past few weeks. Hasn't done much at RB, but is also stuck behind LT and Greene who they've had a tough enough time getting enough carries without another RB in the mix. The Jets also haven't exactly had many comfortable leads in which to bring him in and get him more reps late in games.

John Conner - Has been shown laying the wood repeatedly through his rookie year. Plays well on ST as well as rotating in with Tony Richardson (a team leader and highly regarded at his position) at FB. Not too shabby for a 5th round pick.

Again, in 8 months time while there's nothing to be in love with, to talk about how horrible this draft was is a bit much.

This.

I was pretty concerned a few weeks ago but the obvious improvement of Wilson and McKnight has made me feel better. Great points about McKnight, he was showing all the signs of being an epic bust and looks to be turning it around. Lets hope he can get more involved in the offence.

^i agree except for Hartsock who's a critical penalty waiting to happen and sorry but Weatherford won't get any love from me especially after the New England game.

Good point on Hartsock actually. I was judging him by playing time. I left out his penalties, two in one game a few weeks ago. Not good.

Archived