Mark Sanchez: Winningest QB in Jets Postseason history

Greenranger

WTF are you talking about?

You just bolded and supersized me saying that no one mentions he is among the best in the game. And the numbers don't lie: he isn't among the best.

So you then cite numbers for me to "chew on" which SUPPORTS my statement???

Get a clue.

Now your making sense.

ADHD?

Less than 133 words here OK?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some numbers for ya to chew on.

Pedestrian at best.

The Jets win inspite of his poor play.

Playoff Totals

games played 4 attempts 99 completed 59 pctg 59.3 yds 728 avg gain 7.0 tds 4 int 3 rating 77.5

A lot better than Joe Flacco.

And you say this because?

It's true?

He's another young QB who gets a lot more credit in these parts than Sanchez?

I don't know, just seemed appropriate.

Also, if the rest of your numbers are correct, Sanchez's passer rating would be an 83 & change, not a 77.

LOL. You tried to argue with me on something we weren't arguing about.

Don't blame me because you woefully misread what I wrote.

Dont blame me because you woefully mistype what you may have meant to say.

Let me guess, to date, nobody has ever refered to you as the Great Communicator.

It's true?

Also, if the rest of your numbers are correct, Sanchez's passer rating would be an 83 & change, not a 77.

As a rookie, Flacco led his team to the AFC Championship game despite a 50. rating in three playoff games. He completed only 44% of his passes and had 1 TD and 3 INTs. Last year, as a rookie, Sanchez led his team to the AFC Championship game while posting a 92.7 rating. He completed 60.8 percent of his passes and had 4 TDs and 2 INTs.

Last year, as a 2nd year starter, Flacco went 1-1 in the playoffs and even beat the Pats in New England, handing them their first ever home playoff loss under Brady and Belichick. His passer rating was 39.4 in two games with a 53.3% completion percentage, 0 TDs and 3 picks. He posted a 48.4 rating against the same Colts defense that Sanchez hit up for a 93.3 rating a week later in the AFC Championship game.

Yesterday, Flacco had his first good postseason performance of his career. But up until then, he had been awful in playoff games, despite posting a winning record. He also caught significanntly less criticism for his lousy performances than Sanchez.

It's true?

I come up with 77.5

4 games, 59 for 99, 728 yds, 4 td, 3 int, 7yd per pass avg gain.

Lets hope Sancho can put up a game like Joe F did yesterday.

Dont blame me because you woefully mistype what you may have meant to say.

Let me guess, to date, nobody has ever refered to you as the Great Communicator.

LOL. Woefully mistype?

This is what I wrote and you bolded/supersized:

"And Aten accuses us of straw man arguments? No one mentions he among the best in the game. The numbers don't lie."

That was in response to what JiF wrote:

And I'm with ya on Sanchez. He's actually played much better in all the areas that worried me the most. For that I'm grateful because its turned out to be the difference between a win and loss. But it doesnt change my overall opinion of where he is mentioned among the best in the game.

How you interpreted what I wrote to mean I was saying he is among the best in the game is beyond me. No one would have read what I wrote and come to your ridiculous conclusion.

LOL. Woefully mistype?

This is what I wrote and you bolded/supersized:

"And Aten accuses us of straw man arguments? No one mentions he among the best in the game. The numbers don't lie."

That was in response to what JiF wrote:

How you interpreted what I wrote to mean I was saying he is among the best in the game is beyond me. No one would have read what I wrote and come to your ridiculous conclusion.

Thank you for clearing that up.

As a rookie, Flacco led his team to the AFC Championship game despite a 50. rating in three playoff games. He completed only 44% of his passes and had 1 TD and 3 INTs. Last year, as a rookie, Sanchez led his team to the AFC Championship game while posting a 92.7 rating. He completed 60.8 percent of his passes and had 4 TDs and 2 INTs.

Last year, as a 2nd year starter, Flacco went 1-1 in the playoffs and even beat the Pats in New England, handing them their first ever home playoff loss under Brady and Belichick. His passer rating was 39.4 in two games with a 53.3% completion percentage, 0 TDs and 3 picks. He posted a 48.4 rating against the same Colts defense that Sanchez hit up for a 93.3 rating a week later in the AFC Championship game.

Yesterday, Flacco had his first good postseason performance of his career. But up until then, he had been awful in playoff games, despite posting a winning record. He also caught significanntly less criticism for his lousy performances than Sanchez.

a) this is a jets site, of course you'll hear more complaining about sanchez here

b ) he has had good regular seasons to support his bad playoffs

also, noone can question flacco's physical ability.. it's other stuff, sanchez you can question both, which is more worrisome

Here are some numbers for ya to chew on.

Pedestrian at best.

The Jets win inspite of his poor play.

Playoff Totals

games played 4 attempts 99 completed 59 pctg 59.3 yds 728 avg gain 7.0 tds 4 int 3 rating 77.5

Those are absolutely excellent playoff numbers for a QB in his second year.

Check out Joe Flacco's numbers from his first two seasons, or Big Ben's.

These are good points you bring up.

Until yesteday the Ravens like the NYJ won some playoff games inspite of sub-par QB performances.

I think the main reason Flacco is perceived as being superior are his reg season numbers which creates a more positive image which leads people to think he will carry these type of performances over into the post season games (like yesterday).

I come up with 77.5

4 games, 59 for 99, 728 yds, 4 td, 3 int, 7yd per pass avg gain.

Lets hope Sancho can put up a game like Joe F did yesterday.

either way, he's a second year player and thats decent.. half these folks loved pennington, and his stats are nearly identical, yet he didn't even start a playoff game until he was in his third year and about 2.5 years older then sanchez is now..

132 for 216 1418 yards, 61.1% 8td 8int 77.3 rating 6.56 ypa

These are good points you bring up.

Until yesteday the Ravens like the NYJ won some playoff games inspite of sub-par QB performances.

I think the main reason Flacco is perceived as being superior are his reg season numbers which creates a more positive image which leads people to think he will carry these type of performances over into the post season games (like yesterday).

But up until yesterday he hadn't. Sanchez has arguably played his best in the postseason so far in his career. Yesterday wasn't a good overall performance but his performance when it counted the most was plenty good.

And Aten accuses us of straw man arguments? No one mentions he among the best in the game. The numbers don't lie.

And it's not an issue of who is a better fan, so I don't know why you brought up that before. Unless you have a persecution complex. :D

It's funny how the tables have turned since Penningtology. Some guys who killed Chad for having the stats but not the wins are now killing Sanchez for not having the stats, but having the wins.

Guys like me and Bleedin are bottom line. We want Sanchez to improve and he NEEDS to improve. But in his young career if he is a big moment QB without the stats I'd take that everytime.

For you specifically, I can't find the validity in your premise that a just turned 24 yr old QB in his 2nd yr can't improve in the future after he has already improved from his first season.

LOL - you didnt see where I got the better fan than you perspective from? I only had people telling me to go root for another team, have fun being miserable for the next 10 years, how can you be negative in a time like this, Jets fans will always find something to complain about, etc...but I have a complex because I took that the way I did. Okay....

And then you yourself drop..."Me and Bleedin want to see Sanchez improve"....implying I don't. Unreal. You cant make this sh*t up.

But up until yesterday he hadn't. Sanchez has arguably played his best in the postseason so far in his career. Yesterday wasn't a good overall performance but his performance when it counted the most was plenty good.

You are correct. Up until yesterday Flaccos post season body of work was weak.

However.

I didnt bring JF to the discussion. Slats did so ask him his opin or where the relevency is.

I dont need to compare one QB to the another to make my point.

My position is that the NYJ have won a bunch a games inspite of MS erratic play and lost a few because of it.

However.

I didnt bring JF to the discussion. Slats did so ask him his opin or where the relevency is.

My position is that the NYJ have won a bunch a games inspite of MS erratic play and lost a few because of it.

OK, and he is still a 2nd year QB. But to not give the kid credit when it's due is ridiculous.

LOL - you didnt see where I got the better fan than you perspective from? I only had people telling me to go root for another team, have fun being miserable for the next 10 years, how can you be negative in a time like this, Jets fans will always find something to complain about, etc...but I have a complex because I took that the way I did. Okay....

And then you yourself drop..."Me and Bleeding want to Sanchez improve"....implying I don't. Unreal. You cant make this sh*t up.

it's not often jif owns with teh logic, but this is an example.. take note, it's rare!

i know i know, uh8me, gheyhomohoppyfag

However.

And WON a few because of it too! The game winning drives this year that he led were on him and he did a great job down the stretch. I know some of you dont want to give him credit for the game winning drive yesterday even though he was 3 for 3 and got us in position for a makable field goal rather than a 50 yarder. And just to be clear Im not taking anything away from Cro, his return was huge as well.

you using that phrase has me chuckling... i can see it being used to describe a big plate of mediocre food... is the food good? Well not really, but there's a metric ton of it so I'd say it's plenty good.

OK, and he is still a 2nd year QB. But to not give the kid credit when it's due is ridiculous.

Credit for what?

Making Braylon jump 5 feet in the air on the last pass of the game? (please dont insult yourself and say it was by design)

Throwing a rediculous int near halftime costing the NYJ points in a tight game?

Constantly throwing behind a rec on slants which ruins the dynamic of the catch and run?

Throwing 50% of his passes so high you would need Dikembe Motumbo at wide out to make the catch?

I will give credit................ when its due.

you using that phrase has me chuckling... i can see it being used to describe a big plate of mediocre food... is the food good? Well not really, but there's a metric ton of it so I'd say it's plenty good.

Here's a newsflash dipsh*t: fat people generally don't get fat because they eat whatever is put in front of them. They get that way because they love food that tastes good. Some of the pickiest eaters are fat people.

Credit for what?

Making Braylon jump 5 feet in the air on the last pass of the game? (please dont insult yourself and say it was by design)

Throwing a rediculous int near halftime costin the NYJ points in a tight game?

Constantly throwing behind a rec on slants which ruins the dynamic of the catch and run?

Throwing 50% of his passes so high you would need Dikembe Motumbo at wide out to make the catch?

I will give credit................ when its due.

:face:

I quote Rex Ryan: "the kid is 6-5 for a reason."

The play there is to throw the ball high and take advantage of Braylon's height and vertical leaping ability. It was a little higher than necessary but you do throw that pass high on purpose.

Here's a newsflash dipsh*t: fat people generally don't get fat because they eat whatever is put in front of them. They get that way because they love food that tastes good.

Some of the pickiest eaters are fat people.

I refuse to believe that, unless you are talking about the avoidance of vegetables and other healthy foods in favor of something more fattenning.. but i wouldn't call the "picky"

:face:

I quote Rex Ryan: "the kid is 6-5 for a reason."

The play there is to throw the ball high and take advantage of Braylon's height and vertical leaping ability. It was a little higher than necessary but you do throw that pass high on purpose.

Face palm? Really?

Cmon man, my 9 yr old nephew knows the play is a high pass by design. But that was clealy way overthrown and saved by BE.

The 2 previous completions were uncontested by Indy.

This is where I have a problem with some people describing this as a game winning drive. Like it was Johnny U or Joe M marching their team down the field to victory with a game winning TD.

Sorry but 2 uncontested short passes and a saved overthrow do not constitute A GAME WINNING DRIVE.

Anyone with a functioning eyeball could see it was all Cromartie, BE and Folk that won it at the end and thank god for them.

Face palm? Really?

Cmon man, my 9 yr old nephew knows the play is a high pass by design. But that was clealy way overthrown and saved by BE.

The 2 previous completions were uncontested by Indy.

This is where I have a problem with some people describing this as a game winning drive. Like it was Johnny U or Joe M marching their team down the field to victory with a game winning TD.

Sorry but 2 uncontested short passes and a saved overthrow do not constitute A GAME WINNING DRIVE.

Anyone with a functioning eyeball could see it was all Cromartie, BE and Folk that won it at the end and thank god for them.

Somebody has to throw the passes bud. I wasn't comparing it to Montana. Nobody thinks Sanchez's performance in the fourth quarter is going to go down in the annals of history but to suggest he had nothing to do with it is just as ridiculous.

Its true. I've had meals with Klacko before. He doesnt like lettuce or tomato on his bbq bacon burgers.

meh, that's just get this heathy stuff away from my fat and salt.. that's not picky.. picky is eating nothing instead of what's offered, not choosing a a donut over an orange

Archived