Two most important Jets this Sunday

DMaynard

Sanchez is a no-brainer. He has got to play better and I think he will unless the weather is bad or there is a more serious problem with his shoulder than they are letting on. I think the overthrowing in the first half was due to rustiness from not really playing against Buffalo. He has repeatedly played his worst when coming back off of idleness.

I think Mangold will be extremely important. The Jets best defense against Brady will be the same thing that was a critical factor against Manning - ball control. And the Pats' most valuable player in stopping the run is Wilfork. The key will be if Mangold can play well enough against Wilfork. He doesn't have to dominate him. Just hold his own enough to neutralize him without the constant help of a double team from one of the guards. This will enable both guards to fire out at the ILBers. If they can do this, I see big games for both LT and Green. This will open up the passing lanes for Sanchez and keep Brady on the sidelines.

Mangold vs Wilfork. If it is mano y mano and a draw, the Jets win.

I'll pick Bart Scott and David Harris. If the Pats can run even a little bit the Jets are in trouble. Also, you have to pressure Brady up the gut AND you have to make life hard for the TE's. If the Jets are going to win, it'll be because the ILB's played out of their minds.

This is one of those games that my mantra rings true.

You win and lose games at the LOS.

If the Jets dominate the LOS, they can win.

Offensively, our Oline needs to dominate the Pats front 7. They need to be as physical as they were against the Steelers and Bears. Its almost getting rhetoric, but the best defense against Brady is a good offense that can sustain long drives. Which when you dont have a very QB, is all on the Oline. We need to rush for 150yards, at least, to win this game. Winning the TOP, is key. And that all starts with the Oline. Make some huge holes, and give Sanchez the appropriate time to keep the chains moving.

Defensively, we need our front 7 to dominate. The Pats are very balanced. 9th in the league in rushing. Cant let the Law Firm and Woodhead get going. It seems that offense feeds off them. We need to get pressure on Brady early and often. Brady doesnt like pressure because he's a pussy. Hit him, over and over again. Hit him late if you need to, but send a message that he's not going to get comfortable and that needs to happen with little blitzing, or he'll kill you.

So IMO, the key to a Jets victory is the guys who are at the point of attack. We must win that battle and be more physical than the Pats. Smack'em around a bit and let them know early that they are in for a battle.

great thoughts don

I'd have to add cro and keller. cro has to get his sh*t together, if he bails and just tries to run and grab those little white dudes, he's gonna give up 300 yards, and keller needs to be mark's security blanket and keep drives alive

Archived