Can Jets Rebound from win???

GangisGreen

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brabdon tierney and faggot kaye were talking about the jets motivtion for this game, and concluded that since we don't have any grudges or beefs with the steelers, we have no shot, because the only reason the jets played well enough to beat indy and the pats* was all the trash talk and bad blood

tierney actually said, and I quote" they can't be motivated just to reach a superbowl"

really ?

playing for a trip to the SB isn't enough motivation for a team that had a lead in last years AFC title game and lost ?

lolz

The motivation and letdown stuff is just Jet fans being their pussy selves. Jet fans have angst about everything.

The Americans beat Sweeden after beating the USSR, remember?

I think Rex/Jets attitude is the way it is right now because the Jets already beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. In other words, they know they can beat them at home and can do it again.

The Jets don't need extra motivation. They believe they're the better team and they already won on Heinz Field before.

Rex made beating Peyton a "Herculean effort" and defeating Brady/Belichick the "second biggest win in franchise history." The Jets needed to be "superhuman" to win. Against the Steelers, however, the Jets know they can be human and win just the same.

If the Jets had lost against the Steelers in December I'm pretty sure the talk would be different. Instead they won and know they can do it again.

The motivation and letdown stuff is just Jet fans being their pussy selves. Jet fans have angst about everything.

I don't think that's true at all. this team reall hasn't caused me any angst in several years, and with the amount of money i bet on them this year, I'm anything but a negative nancy. I've been very confident overall in this team this year, just not this week..

I don't think that's true at all. this team reall hasn't caused me any angst in several years, and with the amount of money i bet on them this year, I'm anything but a negative nancy. I've been very confident overall in this team this year, just not this week..

YOU ARE NOT A REAL FAN.

YOU ARE NOT A REAL FAN.

haha.. once i had kids I do admit to the jets just not being as important as they used to be. Man, when we lost the 98 championship game i think I was depressed for atleast a week. Last year, it wasn't that big of a deal

haha.. once i had kids I do admit to the jets just not being as important as they used to be. Man, when we lost the 98 championship game i think I was depressed for atleast a week. Last year, it wasn't that big of a deal

I'm the same way. I get pissed and excited during the game and the rest of the time don't invest that much emotion into it.

brabdon tierney and faggot kaye were talking about the jets motivtion for this game, and concluded that since we don't have any grudges or beefs with the steelers, we have no shot, because the only reason the jets played well enough to beat indy and the pats* was all the trash talk and bad blood

tierney actually said, and I quote" they can't be motivated just to reach a superbowl"

really ?

playing for a trip to the SB isn't enough motivation for a team that had a lead in last years AFC title game and lost ?

lolz

If we ******* hated the Colts bad enough last year we would have won!!!

Yeah, kids can do that. I don't get that pissed off either.

As to the topic on hand, you're missing an important factor IMO: the lack of mystique when it comes to the Steelers.

The Jets had to overcome Peyton's mystique over Ryan and then Brady/Belichick's playoff mystique. The Steelers don't have that. They've won big games but they've also lost big games. They are not considered a juggernaut. As such, the Jets don't need the "personal" stuff to break through mystique because none exists with the Steelers.

Big Ben and Tomlin have already lost a home playoff game. They missed the playoffs last year. They got waxed by the Patriots this year and already lost to the Jets.

Realistically, the Steelers are just any other good opponent. The Jets only have to overcome them and not other stuff that surrounded Peyton and the Pats

Yeah, kids can do that. I don't get that pissed off either.

As to the topic on hand, you're missing an important factor IMO: the lack of mystique when it comes to the Steelers.

The Jets had to overcome Peyton's mystique over Ryan and then Brady/Belichick's playoff mystique. The Steelers don't have that. They've won big games but they've also lost big games. They are not considered a juggernaut. As such, the Jets don't need the "personal" stuff to break through mystique because none exists with the Steelers.

Big Ben and Tomlin have already lost a home playoff game. They missed the playoffs last year. They got waxed by the Patriots this year and already lost to the Jets.

Realistically, the Steelers are just any other good opponent. The Jets only have to overcome them and not other stuff that surrounded Peyton and the Pats

Nah, I understand that. Which is why I think it'll be a close game and things like being emotionally in the right spot will be important.

you are absolutely right. We're very similiar teams, our Oline is better and theur QB is better.. Should be a good game.

Archived