Can Jets Rebound from win???

GangisGreen

Obviusly we are flying high right now with a huge win, but can the Jets manage to avoid an emotional let down after beating the Pats. I am nervous and I hope to see tomorrow the Jets stop reacting to the Patriots game and start talking about the Steelers.

The one plus I have noticed is the media and Steelers fans already claiming the AFC Championship which I believe Rex and the Jets feed off that.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a fair concern to have, but considering they made the Championship game last year and lost and know how that loss felt, I really don't think they're gonna want to deal with that 2 years in a row. And we have some guys like LT, Taylor, and Ellis that have their last best chance to make the Super Bowl. I expect the Jets to be ready to go for this one.

agreed, but remember the steelers faced their old nemesis as well. and their team took a worse beating with the win then we did. it's about even i think in the emotion department. the jets just need to keep on doing it the jet way and we'll be fine.

Big ben hasn't lost to the ravens since 2006... I also don't remember them doing backflips and running around like a kid playing airplane. I dunno, I hope I'm wrong, but I think we had a ton invested in that game..

Big ben hasn't lost to the ravens since 2006... I also don't remember them doing backflips and running around like a kid playing airplane. I dunno, I hope I'm wrong, but I think we had a ton invested in that game..

Agreed. My hope is the older dudes like Ellis, LT, and Jason Taylor speak up and make everyone realize that this is a once in a lifetime chance. For the older guys it probably is. You have to think especially LT is ready to calm people down and sober them the **** up. We can only hope.

Agreed. My hope is the older dudes like Ellis, LT, and Jason Taylor speak up and make everyone realize that this is a once in a lifetime chance. For the older guys it probably is. You have to think especially LT is ready to calm people down and sober them the **** up. We can only hope.

yup.. also hope ryan has something up his sleeve today..

Braylon did the same backflip after the Colts game. Maybe the excessive celebration gets it out of their system and allows them to start looking forward...

Rex runs on passion. My concern is that he hasn't enough "Pittsurgh anger" to get him to shift gears quickly on Tuesday.

I don't know the Ravens/Steelers history to know if they've screwed him much.

Hopefully they have and he can regurgitate some bad memories.

Litmus test:

In today's pressers, all questions, even regarding last Sunday, should be answered "We're focused on Pittsburgh".

If Coaches or players entertain ANY Patriots questions, we might have a discipline/preparation issue in the locker room.

This

Everyone one of those players, LT, Taylor, Ellis, Richardson needs to sit with these guys and make them understand how hard it is to win the Super Bowl. I would make it part of the speech Saturday night.

For them this might be their last shot. I am sure they will be leaving it on the field.

It's a fair concern to have, but considering they made the Championship game last year and lost and know how that loss felt, I really don't think they're gonna want to deal with that 2 years in a row. And we have some guys like LT, Taylor, and Ellis that have their last best chance to make the Super Bowl. I expect the Jets to be ready to go for this one.

This is my take.

The Jets were fortunate to get to last year's Championship Game. That alone seemed like enough - the dreaded moral victory. They had to do a lot more to get to this one, and are genuinely deserving of a spot in the Super Bowl. That experience last year is huge, IMHO. Particularly for Sanchez, but for everyone. That was Shaun Ellis' first AFC Championship try, too. They come in this year knowing what to expect, and hungrier for more.

I do not think there will be a mental/emotional letdown for this one. I just don't. The Steelers may prove to be the better team, but the Jets won't lose because they're ill-prepared.

Last year they had to beat the Colt to remove the stain of them laying down for the Jets, allowing them in the playoffs in the first place. They couldn't do it. This year, they had to avenge a 45-3 a$$-whooping, and they did it in spades. I think they'll be ready for the next step.

This is my take.

The Jets were fortunate to get to last year's Championship Game. That alone seemed like enough - the dreaded moral victory. They had to do a lot more to get to this one, and are genuinely deserving of a spot in the Super Bowl. That experience last year is huge, IMHO. Particularly for Sanchez, but for everyone. That was Shaun Ellis' first AFC Championship try, too. They come in this year knowing what to expect, and hungrier for more.

I do not think there will be a mental/emotional letdown for this one. I just don't. The Steelers may prove to be the better team, but the Jets won't lose because they're ill-prepared.

Last year they had to beat the Colt to remove the stain of them laying down for the Jets, allowing them in the playoffs in the first place. They couldn't do it. This year, they had to avenge a 45-3 a$$-whooping, and they did it in spades. I think they'll be ready for the next step.

Absolutely This.

Rex let us know yesterday-He has lost this game 2 times in a row. He can't bear to lose it again.

If ANY team let's down in a Championship game, they are posers. If THIS team lets down, after all the talk, then we are taken for fools in believing in them.

Absolutely This.

Rex let us know yesterday-He has lost this game 2 times in a row. He can't bear to lose it again.

If ANY team let's down in a Championship game, they are posers. If THIS team lets down, after all the talk, then we are taken for fools in believing in them.

Didn't think about this...and I like it.

Even if Rex doesn't even have a lot of Steeler anger/history to motivate him, having lost the AFCC will do the job nicely. Starting to feel good about this.

This is my take.

Slats - I agree with most of the this but don't forget last year the Jets were leading the game until Dexter Strickland went out and the secondary was exposed. After that Greene went down and the offense just crumbled.

I expect the Jets to be prepared and fired up for this game. While there may not be Pit hatred, there is 40+ years of ineptitude to erase. This game means everything to this franchise and I can't imagine being unprepared.

Come'on, you really dont think these guys know what is at stake here? 95% of the team was in this exact situation last year and remember exactly what it feels like.

Rex will have this team ready. The whole Byrd speech was all about knowing the magnitude of what is at stake here and how they can all be a part of changing the Jets history forever.

They will be ready and I'm confident Rex will have another potent motivational tactic up his sleeve.

Come'on, you really dont think these guys know what is at stake here? 95% of the team was in this exact situation last year and remember exactly what it feels like.

Rex will have this team ready. The whole Byrd speech was all about knowing the magnitude of what is at stake here and how they can all be a part of changing the Jets history forever.

They will be ready and I'm confident Rex will have another potent motivational tactic up his sleeve.

It's not only that, it's the fact we had to avenge the 45-3 lost and we beat Pittsburgh recently. I don't know, last week I didn't think we'd win but felt hopeful, this week, not so much.

It's not only that, it's the fact we had to avenge the 45-3 lost and we beat Pittsburgh recently. I don't know, last week I didn't think we'd win but felt hopeful, this week, not so much.

I never feel confident about the Jets. But I'm confident they'll be ready to play. Rex isnt going to sleep on a shot at the SB. He's been to the AFC Championship game 3 years in a row...losing the last 2 times. He'll have this team ready for the fight, they just might not win.

Holmes was just on a tv or radio program saying beating the pats was better then winning the sb.. sure sounds like letdown coming to me.

I hope sexy rexy has something up his sleeve, but i'm not feeling good about this game at all

I'm pretty nervous, they really need to concentrate on whats in front of them. The Jets need to forget about the Patriots game (for now) and concentrate on Pittsburgh plain and simple. I would like to see them in the Super Bowl ive been waiting for 22 years now!

Holmes was just on a tv or radio program saying beating the pats was better then winning the sb.. sure sounds like letdown coming to me.

I hope sexy rexy has something up his sleeve, but i'm not feeling good about this game at all

Its Jets, when do you ever feel good about a game, especially one of this magnitude. I've seen 3 of these in my lifetime...no SB.

They will be prepared. If anything, the person I'm least concerned about is Holmes considering his familiarity with the Steelers.

Its Jets, when do you ever feel good about a game, especially one of this magnitude. I've seen 3 of these in my lifetime...no SB.

They will be prepared. If anything, the person I'm least concerned about is Holmes considering his familiarity with the Steelers.

ok, so you're usually wrong and now you feel good about this game, why exactly should that make anyone feel confident??

ok, so you're usually wrong and now you feel good about this game, why exactly should that make anyone feel confident??

Who said I feel good about this game? I'm 98% sure we are going to lose. That said, I think we will be prepared and I'm not worried about our focus. I'm fairly certain that Rex is focused on Pitt and so is the team.

I know Holmes made those comments, but he's also trying to make a statement that he's a NY Jet. I highly doubt Sunday's win is more important to him than being the SB MVP and making the game winning catch, one of the greatest ever. I mean, come'on dude. He's been doing everything he can to make sure when asked about his return to Pitt that he's letting everyone know he's a NY Jet.

He wants to win this game. The scorned him.

Who said I feel good about this game? I'm 98% sure we are going to lose. That said, I think we will be prepared and I'm not worried about our focus. I'm fairly certain that Rex is focused on Pitt and so is the team.

I know Holmes made those comments, but he's also trying to make a statement that he's a NY Jet. I highly doubt Sunday's win is more important to him than being the SB MVP and making the game winning catch, one of the greatest ever. I mean, come'on dude. He's been doing everything he can to make sure when asked about his return to Pitt that he's letting everyone know he's a NY Jet.

ok, that's better. I'll call my bookie now. Thanks for clearing that small detail up.

It's not like the team hasn't been unprepared to play before. And you aren't 98% sure we are going to lose, it's fairly obvious what you think. I know, don't want to jinx us, but you should sell it a bit harder.

Why do you think we're going to lose. Please, break it down for us..

It's not like the team hasn't been unprepared to play before. And you aren't 98% sure we are going to lose, it's fairly obvious what you think. I know, don't want to jinx us, but you should sell it a bit harder.

Why do you think we're going to lose. Please, break it down for us..

Not only that, but people are beginning to believe in us. When that happens... we crap the bed. I typically stay in the middle of negative/positive but I'm feeling overwhelming impending doom.

Not only that, but people are beginning to believe in us. When that happens... we crap the bed. I typically stay in the middle of negative/positive but I'm feeling overwhelming impending doom.

me too, actually felt pretty good about the last 2 games.. this one not at all.. for all the reason you listed plus the "big emotional victory" hangover that i sense..

really hope I'm wrong, but just don't feel very good about this one.

me too, actually felt pretty good about the last 2 games.. this one not at all.. for all the reason you listed plus the "big emotional victory" hangover that i sense..

really hope I'm wrong, but just don't feel very good about this one.

I believe in Rex but my only hope is that perhaps this team has enough guys who have been too close before and haven't won or guys who have waited their entire careers. Also, in listening to 1050 Jay Feely left the Giants in the off-season before their SB run. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Archived