JETS to Fans: "Get the Champagne on Ice"

Vudu

Jets to fans: Get the champagne on ice

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 22, 2011, 11:54 AM EST

The Jets did their best to hold their tongue all week. With only one day left before Sunday’s AFC Championship, they can’t help but let their confidence show.

“We are gonna win,” guard Matt Slauson told Steve Serby of the New York Post Saturday morning as the team began boarding buses for the airport. “I believe we are a better team.”

So what is so much better about the Jets?

“I feel like we have a better offensive line,” Slauson said. “We have a better running game. As far as our passing game, we have a lot more playmakers. We can spread the ball out more. Our defenses are really similar, blitzing a lot, a lot of really good players on either side, but I would give the edge to our guys because of our ability to penetrate and push the pocket with all of our really strong guys.”

Receiver Jerricho Cotchery allowed himself to imagine wearing the AFC Championship t-shirt and hat. Tight end Dustin Keller says the mood at 9:30 p.m ET Sunday will be all high fives and looking towards the Super Bowl. Safety James Ihedigbo said much of the same:

“Stock the refrigerator full of champagne and get ready to celebrate,” he told Jets fans.

It’s good to see the 2010 Jets team we know well finally make an appearance this week.

Jets to fans: Get the champagne on ice

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 22, 2011, 11:54 AM EST

The Jets did their best to hold their tongue all week. With only one day left before Sunday’s AFC Championship, they can’t help but let their confidence show.

“We are gonna win,” guard Matt Slauson told Steve Serby of the New York Post Saturday morning as the team began boarding buses for the airport. “I believe we are a better team.”

So what is so much better about the Jets?

“I feel like we have a better offensive line,” Slauson said. “We have a better running game. As far as our passing game, we have a lot more playmakers. We can spread the ball out more. Our defenses are really similar, blitzing a lot, a lot of really good players on either side, but I would give the edge to our guys because of our ability to penetrate and push the pocket with all of our really strong guys.”

Receiver Jerricho Cotchery allowed himself to imagine wearing the AFC Championship t-shirt and hat. Tight end Dustin Keller says the mood at 9:30 p.m ET Sunday will be all high fives and looking towards the Super Bowl. Safety James Ihedigbo said much of the same:

“Stock the refrigerator full of champagne and get ready to celebrate,” he told Jets fans.

It’s good to see the 2010 Jets team we know well finally make an appearance this week.

I already have a nice bottle of Korbel in my fridge --

I don’t know about the champagne being on ice, but the players sure will be. The high in Pittsburgh will be 16 tomorrow. This is a night game so I expect it will be about 0.

I sure hope our So Cal kid brings his long johns

It was cold and snowy there last time and he had a great game.... no issues... NE was freezing too.

Im preppin my stomach right now...Im gonna get soooooooooooooooo WASTED tomorrow WHEN WE WIN!!!!!

I got quite the stock going myself. I have to. It's kinda funny with me being the resident Jets fan in Mankato, Minnesota, everybody stops by for a beer, shot, whatever. The only rule I have is STFU when the game's on. Boy, these vikings fans are some broke M'erF'ers.

I got quite the stock going myself. I have to. It's kinda funny with me being the resident Jets fan in Mankato, Minnesota, everybody stops by for a beer, shot, whatever. The only rule I have is STFU when the game's on. Boy, these vikings fans are some broke M'erF'ers.

LMFAO@ Vikings fans being broke mofos. Well you know the season ticket money they spent went to BRETT FAVRE's 20 Million dollar salary. The old fart. **** HIM. J-E-T-S!!!!!!!

Archived