Rant that I shouldn't rant about...

Maxman

Anyone get this email today?

**YOU MUST MENTION JETSINSIDER.COM WHEN BOOKING TO GET SPECIAL DISCOUNT!!** CALL NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT...YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL ONLY BE CHARGED IF JETS MAKE THE BIG GAME!!

The Jets are on the verge of reaching their first Superbowl in 43 years. Don't miss it. Reserve a spot now before it's too late!!

Complete all-inclusive package to Dallas for Superbowl XLV with a special price for all JetsInsider.com users. CALL NOW!

Package Includes:

-February 3-7

-Roundtrip flights from NY/NJ area.

-Roundtrip airport transfers.

-4 nights at the deluxe Crowne Plaza Market Center Hotel.

-Guraranteed Game ticket.

-Game day transportation to stadium

-Kick-off Game day tailgate party with open bar hosted by Jets Celebrities

-Ticket to NFL Experience

-All taxes and gratuities.

-Seat Upgrades are are also available

-Custom packages are also available for alternate dates

-The above package rate includes non-stop air transportation to Austin, TX and roundtrip motorcoach transportation to Crown Plaza Hotel. A limited number of flights are also available into DFW airport in Dallas for an additional cost. All rates are subject to change.

-All for $4899. per person (double occupancy).

-Triple Rate: $4749. per person.

-Quad Rate: $4649. per person.

-Land Only Rate: $4399. per person.

For more information or to book, call: 800-959-FANS

Space is limited and all rates are subject to change

**YOU MUST MENTION JETSINSIDER.COM WHEN BOOKING TO GET SPECIAL DISCOUNT!!** CALL NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT...YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL ONLY BE CHARGED IF JETS MAKE THE BIG GAME!!

I got it as I was tailgating. Really rubbed me the wrong way. Couldn't wait a few hours to hit send? Just had to start pushing that before the Jets even made the game.

We made fun of the Patriots 19 and 0 shirts. I know I should just hit delete and walk away. Before the Pitt game most of us were thinking about Pitt. Not worrying about travel arrangements.

-All for $4899. per person (double occupancy).

-Triple Rate: $4749. per person.

-Quad Rate: $4649. per person.

-Land Only Rate: $4399. per person.

those idiots don't know how good the games look on TV nowadays

take 1/20th of that and go buy some amazing food and throw a party

Before the Pitt game most of us were thinking about Pitt. Not worrying about travel arrangements.

Agree and disagree. For some you have to start thinking about scheduling stuff way ahead of time. A trip that costs that much money (JI trip or no JI trip), it's just so hard to pull off so last minute. Me personally I need as much prep time for it as possible. Requesting a few days off of work, shifting around some funds or liquidating some assets for the several $k (raises hand) it'll take to be at the game. I actually had a few email notices and some paperwork all done up and ready to go, all I had to do was hit send as soon as the game was over.

what is this sh*t

another Jets website decided that before the AFC title game even started to send out a mass email about traveling to the SB

it's like the Red Sox putting an AL Champion design up at Fenway when they were up 5-2 with PEdro on the mound. THE utilmate jinx.

another Jets website decided that before the AFC title game even started to send out a mass email about traveling to the SB

it's like the Red Sox putting an AL Champion design up at Fenway when they were up 5-2 with PEdro on the mound. THE utilmate jinx.

i hope they weren't refundable and the other website has a ton of prepaid tickets from nj/ny he's going to have to eat

Agree and disagree. For some you have to start thinking about scheduling stuff way ahead of time. A trip that costs that much money (JI trip or no JI trip), it's just so hard to pull off so last minute. Me personally I need as much prep time for it as possible. Requesting a few days off of work, shifting around some funds or liquidating some assets for the several $k (raises hand) it'll take to be at the game. I actually had a few email notices and some paperwork all done up and ready to go, all I had to do was hit send as soon as the game was over.

why can't they wait until the SB matchup is CONFIRMED?

1 30 New York Jets Keller, DustinDustin Keller TE Purdue Big Ten from Green Bay

1 30.5– New England Patriots selection forfeited due to "Spygate" scandal[9]

1 31 New York Giants Phillips, KennyKenny Phillips S Miami (FL) ACC

2 32 Miami Dolphins Merling, PhillipPhillip Merling DE Clemson ACC

2 33 St. Louis Rams Avery, DonnieDonnie Avery WR Houston C-USA

2 34 Washington Redskins Thomas, DevinDevin Thomas WR Michigan State Big Ten from Oakland via Atlanta

2 35 Kansas City Chiefs Flowers, BrandonBrandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech ACC

2 36 Green Bay Packers Nelson, JordyJordy Nelson WR Kansas State Big 12 from New York Jets

2 37 Atlanta Falcons Lofton, CurtisCurtis Lofton LB Oklahoma Big 12

2 38 Seattle Seahawks Carlson, JohnJohn Carlson TE Notre Dame Ind. from Baltimore

2 39 San Francisco 49ers Rachal, ChiloChilo Rachal G USC Pac-10

2 40 New Orleans Saints Porter, TracyTracy Porter CB Indiana Big Ten

2 41 Buffalo Bills Hardy, JamesJames Hardy WR Indiana Big Ten

2 42 Denver Broncos Royal, EddieEddie Royal WR Virginia Tech ACC

2 43 Minnesota Vikings Johnson, TyrellTyrell Johnson S Arkansas State Sun Belt from Carolina via Philadelphia

2 44 Chicago Bears Forté, MattMatt Forté RB Tulane University C-USA

2 45 Detroit Lions Dizon, JordonJordon Dizon LB Colorado Big 12

2 46 Cincinnati Bengals Simpson OJOJ Simpson RB USC Pac-10

2 47 Philadelphia Eagles Laws, TrevorTrevor Laws DT Notre Dame Ind. from Minnesota

2 48 Washington Redskins Davis, FredFred Davis TE USC Pac-10 from Houston via Atlanta

2 49 Philadelphia Eagles Jackson, DeSeanDeSean Jackson† WR California Pac-10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gives me the sad.

what the hell does this have to do with the thread?

edit:nevermind

why can't they wait until the SB matchup is CONFIRMED?

My guess is that he had to work on booking everything literally as soon as that happened. Therefore he figured working on getting people confirmed for it beforehand was the better way to go about things. I know I had a room booked already, money ready to go...just had to do it. It's too much stuff last minute for such a saturated area of the country for those few days. I saw it last year being in SoFla for last year's game, there are just too many people competing for the same tickets and rooms...etc.

My guess is that he had to work on booking everything literally as soon as that happened. Therefore he figured working on getting people confirmed for it beforehand was the better way to go about things. I know I had a room booked already, money ready to go...just had to do it. It's too much stuff last minute for such a saturated area of the country for those few days. I saw it last year being in SoFla for last year's game, there are just too many people competing for the same tickets and rooms...etc.

those people are marks

never count your chickens until they're hatched

Not disagreeing with any of that. There is a ton of logistic stuff that goes into this and it has to start early. That's how it works.

What I mean is a Jets fan site sending this before the Pitt game was played is just bad form. To ask for Jets fans to call and reserve their spot early, is even worse form. I had that trip. I would have put it up after the game had the Jets won.

But what do I know. Hey I have to run, we have a 2 run lead and it is the 8th inning. I am gonna get a head start on packing up the baseball equipment.

This isn't the case though. And if that was the case, why not send it on Thursday? Sending it as people are watching Pitt pre game? That just struck me as odd.

In fairness every Jets fan I know including myself and our crew were making calls for tickets and checking flights to Dallas to go. Suspect the most dissappointed people on earth today is the Dallas area bars, restaurants and clubs who had a chance to fleece NYers and Chicagoans looking to drop cash like it's candy. Instead they'll get fat a$$ Cheeseheads and Yinzers who will clog the Texas drive thrus on foot with coupons for free fast food cheeseburgers. Also, the airline business is nuts. You cannot fly NY to Dallas without taking a connecting flight or 2.

Next year is that tropical paradise and partytown called Indianapolis. That would almost seem fitting for the Jets.

Archived