Zbikowski challenges Ochocinco to boxing bout

KudosForND

Link

A little social media spat broke out Monday. If anything actually comes out of it, there will be a far better, far realer spat. Ravens safety and cruiserweight boxer Tom Zbikowski told the Dan Patrick Show that the non-teammate he’d most like to face in the ring is Chad Ochocinco. “(Chad) Ochocinco talks like he can box,” Zbikowski said. “I’d let it go … for about 45 seconds. I’d let him know what a real jab feels like.”

Naturally, Ochocinco got wind of this and took to Twitter.

C. Ochocinco

“You wana go nite nite, you want to box me,” Ocho tweeted. “for 1 your feet are to slow and you’ve no hand speed to even be competitive.”

Zbikowski somehow deciphered enough of the tweet to realize that Ochocinco was claiming he could outbox the former Golden Glover. So, Zbikowski called the bluff via Facebook.

“Dear Ocho Cinco . . . thanks for following my career . . . You and me at M&T Bank Stadium, charity four-round boxing match. You wear Orange and Black and I will wear Purple and black. If we do it in May, that should give you enough time to get ready . . . You game?”

If Ochocinco is game, you can expect to see a pile of gold teeth on the mat within 15 seconds (or 45, if Zbikowski stays true to his word).

I ran into Zbikowski a bunch of times at Baltimore Boxing Club when I lived on the harbor. There's a huge difference between a dude who trains with mitts often and a battle tested dude like Zbikowski that hits like a ton of bricks. Dude is seriously no joke and has a great presence in the ring, really knows when to use his power and fights smart. I'd give this one 2 minutes tops. You don't knock cats out on the biggest stage in boxing if you don't have something going for you. Ocho needs to stop talking before he gets his nose broken.

Doesnt this dude have a fight coming up really soon, the first one in a long time?

Coincidence?

And Ochocinco is getting married to one of the gold-digging skeezers from "Basketball Wives." He should be fistfighting someone for an airtight pre-nup right about now.

And Ochocinco is getting married to one of the gold-digging skeezers from "Basketball Wives." He should be fistfighting someone for an airtight pre-nup right about now.

I've heard of this Basketball Wives you speak of. Never seen it. The last I heard about Ocho's love life was he had a Flavor of Love type show. Did he not find his love that way?

I've heard of this Basketball Wives you speak of. Never seen it. The last I heard about Ocho's love life was he had a Flavor of Love type show. Did he not find his love that way?

If Flava couldn't find love that way, who amongst us can?

If Flava couldn't find love that way, who amongst us can?

What? Him and New York arent together?

He's been training for it for a while. Started getting his game back when the lockout winds really started gaining steam about a year and a half back.

Chads a good person to use from a promotional stand point.

Chads a good person to use from a promotional stand point.

For the Mayorga card? If non-Hispanics actually pay 50 bucks to watch Cotto knock Mayorga around and a crappy Cruiserweight undercard because of calling out Chad Johnson, then Tom Zbikowski is a genius and Bob Arum needs to recruit Chad. The only reason they're charging for this crap is because Puerto Ricans will mortgage their homes to watch Cotto.

For the Mayorga card? If non-Hispanics actually pay 50 bucks to watch Cotto knock Mayorga around and a crappy Cruiserweight undercard because of calling out Chad Johnson, then Tom Zbikowski is a genius and Bob Arum needs to recruit Chad. The only reason they're charging for this crap is because Puerto Ricans will mortgage their homes to watch Cotto.

I think you are giving non-Hispanics way too much credit.

Archived