AP Source: NFL’s profitability data offer rejected

Jetfan13

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are clueless, Go ask Dave Duerson (oh wait) go ask Kevin Turner while he is still with us

Duerson did not die because he was in squalor.

Yeah, football is a violent sport and people get hurt. Those risks are known by anyone that walks on the field.

i would suggest that the former NFLPA take a better look at the pension and health care issues and begin negotiating those, By all appearances, those are a second thought to that former union.

Duerson did not die because he was in squalor.

Yeah, football is a violent sport and people get hurt. Those risks are known by anyone that walks on the field.

i would suggest that the former NFLPA take a better look at the pension and health care issues and begin negotiating those, By all appearances, those are a second thought to that former union.

You are like talking to a wall. Anyone on the Billionaire Owner side hasnt got a clue.

Well, you certainly haven't done any job of telling us how right your side is.

Einstein..without the current players the $9B drops to $5B in year 1 to $2B by year 2. Replacement players will not work and the owners will eventually say Uncle.

I am 100% pro player. 100% of Owners are all slime. Most of which inherited their ching and add nothing to the game. We pay big $$ to watch the players.

Einstein..without the current players the $9B drops to $5B in year 1 to $2B by year 2. Replacement players will not work and the owners will eventually say Uncle.

I am 100% pro player. 100% of Owners are all slime. Most of which inherited their ching and add nothing to the game. We pay big $$ to watch the players.

They both NEED EACH OTHER. The owners need talent. The players need $$$ and infrastructure. It is a symbiotic relationship.

They should be continuing mediation (they were making strides), and not asking courts to make decisions for them. the players walked way from the tables. The owners hould be more forthcoming.

Your simple minded ideas do not serve anything. They are just generalizations-not solutions.

They both NEED EACH OTHER. The owners need talent. The players need $$$ and infrastructure. It is a symbiotic relationship.

They should be continuing mediation (they were making strides), and not asking courts to make decisions for them. the players walked way from the tables. The owners hould be more forthcoming.

Your simple minded ideas do not serve anything. They are just generalizations-not solutions.

Oh you mean Partners!!! Clueless in PA, the owners walked away from current CBA not the players.

No one is paying to watch your dad bang nails, these are entertainers generating huge sums of coin! If not a cane, they are getting their knees redone, hips replaced, shoulders and back surgeries. Small pension as well

Coal minors, farmers, roofers, construction workers, firemen, etc get their knees redone, hips replaced and have shoulder and back surgeries too. But wait! They aren't on TV! I would venture that the services provided by farmers, construction workers, firemen and roofers are far more necessary than a football players ability to entertain you even though they generate tons of money by shilling stuff (commercials on TV, jersey's via NFL.com, tiockets to fans, PSL to suckers) to the general public.

Neither side is particularily attractive right now. If health care and long term coverage was indeed a priority for the players, they would champion that issue far more than they are. If the Owners are indeed taking a hit - open your books and show me, azzholes.

Keith Fitzhugh made his run. He decided not to pursue it anymore and got a "steady" job. Hey good for him. Welcome to the real world....you know, that world where most people do not get free rides to college. The vast majority of these players went to school for free. Yah, many just used it as pro football practice. That's not my issue, it's their issue for not taking advantage of a gift.

Keith chose to pursue a football career when his chances where marginal. Sorry it did not work out but at least he had the fortutude to figure it out and take the path less glorious.

Anyway, find me a 20 year old college drop out (not named Gates) who makes the short term money that a practice quad player makes.

I am sorry, but I have a hard time sympathizing with anyone in this situation. The rich are in a pissing match with the richer. Meanwhile, gas prices are insane, people are still getting laid off and economy still blows chunks.

I can understand where you are coming from, but you can take the "advantage of a gift" and shove it. These guys make those schools millions. I think the NFL owners and structure is crooked, but compared it to the NCAA is like comparing an 11 year shoplifting a pack of gum with the Gambinos.

Coal minors, farmers, roofers, construction workers, firemen, etc get their knees redone, hips replaced and have shoulder and back surgeries too. But wait! They aren't on TV! I would venture that the services provided by farmers, construction workers, firemen and roofers are far more necessary than a football players ability to entertain you even though they generate tons of money by shilling stuff (commercials on TV, jersey's via NFL.com, tiockets to fans, PSL to suckers) to the general public.

Neither side is particularily attractive right now. If health care and long term coverage was indeed a priority for the players, they would champion that issue far more than they are. If the Owners are indeed taking a hit - open your books and show me, azzholes.

If you were the 1500 best at what you do in the world, how much do you think you would be worth? Ever go to the movies to be entertained. Your argument on coal miners etc is weak. Entertainment industry is a bit different than everyday jobs. You should boycott your Patsies with your tude.

Oh you mean Partners!!! Clueless in PA, the owners walked away from current CBA not the players.

The owners had the right to walk away from the current CBA. That was one of the provisions, when Tagliabue greased through a contract in order to keep his hands clean. The players walked away from negotiations.

They are less partners than convenient bedfellows.

I can understand where you are coming from, but you can take the "advantage of a gift" and shove it. These guys make those schools millions. I think the NFL owners and structure is crooked, but compared it to the NCAA is like comparing an 11 year shoplifting a pack of gum with the Gambinos.

I understand that most college programs are using these kids....and it's mutual. Heck, may as well finish that degree in Exercise Science! It's not my fault they don't.

What really set me off about this thing was players b*tching and moaning about having to pay health insurance via COBRA. Oh cry me a frickin' river! I've been laid off and I have had to pay by health benefits through COBRA. Welcome to the real world, Bubba. And, yah, Bubba makes more than me...so stop the whining already.

I think we can all agree that the party really getting screwed here are the fans. All because of greed. The issue is who is greedier. Meanwhile fans are starved for meaningful football news. The same fans that pay $169 per ticket and $40 to park at Gillette for a game (Me) and God knows what for a PSL - buying the right to buy your tickets (Jets fans). See? It's always the fans getting screwed.

If you were the 1500 best at what you do in the world, how much do you think you would be worth? Ever go to the movies to be entertained. Your argument on coal miners etc is weak. Entertainment industry is a bit different than everyday jobs. You should boycott your Patsies with your tude.

I do not idolize people in the Entertainment Industry. I marvel at their talent, but they are not better people than the local farmer. Unless, of course, it's Tom Brady. He is an idol. ;)

I do not idolize people in the Entertainment Industry. I marvel at their talent, but they are not better people than the local farmer. Unless, of course, it's Tom Brady. He is an idol. ;)

Yet i assume you pay the $10 to watch a movie, or pay ticket price to watch pats. You are not going to pay diddly to watch a carpenter hammer or a coal miner dig.

The NBA is not generating huge revenue, so my guess owners will lock out and noone will care

Yet i assume you pay the $10 to watch a movie, or pay ticket price to watch pats. You are not going to pay diddly to watch a carpenter hammer or a coal miner dig.

The NBA is not generating huge revenue, so my guess owners will lock out and noone will care

You and I have completely different views............Thank Gawd.

Yet you support the entertainment industry by going to movies or games or buying a Pats jersey, in the name of ned beatty bend over sheep.

I go because I choose to spend some of my disposable income on entertainment. I've also bought furniture recently - therefore I must support carpenters. As a matter of fact, I bought a new perfume and some new shoes last week. Didn't need either. I obviously support animal testing and cobblers. :blink:

I go because I choose to spend some of my disposable income on entertainment. I've also bought furniture recently - therefore I must support carpenters. As a matter of fact, a bought a new perfume and some new shoes last week. Didn't need either. I obviously support animal testing and cobblers. :blink:

Comparing buying tangible property vs a ticket now? Maybe Kraft is sending to you the seat where your fanny sat in

You must be a born and bred masshole or at least from Lowell

Comparing buying tangible property vs a ticket now? Maybe Kraft is sending to you the seat where your fanny sat in

You must be a born and bred masshole or at least from Lowell

I bought a lottery ticket this weekend. That is both tangible and stupid. That should meet your criteria, no?

Oh boy, you saw the Fighter! Good to see you supporting Hollywood money mongers. And yes, I am a born and bred m@sshole from Newton; which is probably worse and could explain the high horse. LOL!

I bought a lottery ticket this weekend. That is both tangible and stupid. That should meet your criteria, no?

Oh boy, you saw the Fighter! Good to see you supporting Hollywood money mongers. And yes, I am a born and bred m@sshole from Newton; which is probably worse and could explain the high horse. LOL!

My Point to you is..Do not complain about the players, specially when you are buying their jersey, paying $50 to park and $150 for a ticket. Until fans walk the walk, the $9B will only grow and not decline. I assume you spend your coin to watch the players and not to watch Kraft pick his nose. The players generate the $9B in revenue not the owners.

I understand that most college programs are using these kids....and it's mutual. Heck, may as well finish that degree in Exercise Science! It's not my fault they don't.

What really set me off about this thing was players b*tching and moaning about having to pay health insurance via COBRA. Oh cry me a frickin' river! I've been laid off and I have had to pay by health benefits through COBRA. Welcome to the real world, Bubba. And, yah, Bubba makes more than me...so stop the whining already.

I think we can all agree that the party really getting screwed here are the fans. All because of greed. The issue is who is greedier. Meanwhile fans are starved for meaningful football news. The same fans that pay $169 per ticket and $40 to park at Gillette for a game (Me) and God knows what for a PSL - buying the right to buy your tickets (Jets fans). See? It's always the fans getting screwed.

You and Dierking, two peas in a pod. What the **** do I care about Cobra and bitching? The fans aren't getting any break if the players get less money. The salaries are a fixed cost. They have been fixed every year by the cap and the owners have invented new ways to squeeze you for more. Kids are not using college programs, that is among the ******* most moronic things I've ever heard. If they were allowed they would all be playing ball and getting paid. Take a look at European basketball leagues. Nobody is playing hoops at Bocconi or the U of Belgrade. They are getting paid, which is their God given right under the American constitution.

I would love to see a successful rival league again.

The USFL was highly entertaining and actually innovative. it pushed the NFL. Until they forget what their primary goal was, and got greedy.

Same ol' story.

The USFL got greedy? If you think expecting the NFL to honor the anti-trust laws of the USA is greedy then I guess you are right. The NFL lost that case too. Just like damned near every other major case they have faced. As usual, they used their money to wait it out until the point was moot and they ****ed the other side over. I wish Hunt wasn't such a pussy and Al Davis was allowed to finish running the ****ers into the ground in 1968.

My Point to you is..Do not complain about the players, specially when you are buying their jersey, paying $50 to park and $150 for a ticket. Until fans walk the walk, the $9B will only grow and not decline. I assume you spend your coin to watch the players and not to watch Kraft pick his nose. The players generate the $9B in revenue not the owners.

The owners provide the infrastructure.

The owners negotiated those lucrative TV deals. The owners are the ones that are the brains behind the marketing. The owners are the ones that assume risk.

Again, it is a symbiotic relationship.

You and Dierking, two peas in a pod. What the **** do I care about Cobra and bitching? The fans aren't getting any break if the players get less money. The salaries are a fixed cost. They have been fixed every year by the cap and the owners have invented new ways to squeeze you for more. Kids are not using college programs, that is among the ******* most moronic things I've ever heard. If they were allowed they would all be playing ball and getting paid. Take a look at European basketball leagues. Nobody is playing hoops at Bocconi or the U of Belgrade. They are getting paid, which is their God given right under the American constitution.

The USFL got greedy? If you think expecting the NFL to honor the anti-trust laws of the USA is greedy then I guess you are right. The NFL lost that case too. Just like damned near every other major case they have faced. As usual, they used their money to wait it out until the point was moot and they ****ed the other side over. I wish Hunt wasn't such a pussy and Al Davis was allowed to finish running the ****ers into the ground in 1968.

Give 'em hell Dom!

The owners negotiated those lucrative TV deals. The owners are the ones that are the brains behind the marketing. The owners are the ones that assume risk.

Bullsh1t if the players sucked there would be no big TV deal. Gimme a break

Bullsh1t if the players sucked there would be no big TV deal. Gimme a break

They will never be partners (in the truest sense of the word), but they certainly can be negotiating right now. If we are to believe everything we hear (and that is not safe), the players broke that process.

You mean the same players that want to go to work, but were told don't bother? The doors are locked and we've changed the locks?

Archived