Official Yankees vs Red Sox series thread (part 1)

Blackout

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not understand why you defend Youk, or any other player

They were all on it one time or another

No one needs to be defended....as soon as people stop acting like they're surprised or offended that everyone did steroids the game will be better.

Who gives a sh*t really? If I were that good I'd stick a needle in my a$$ too.

That would be very disheartening to fans. I honestly don't believe everyone did them. Some people have morals and ethics still right?

I dont equate steroids with morals and ethics.

The entire NFL is on steroids...no one complains about that.

Most fans dont give two sh*ts. Its mostly the older baby boomer fan who sensationalize these stupid records.

Jeter and Rivera too then. Let's blanket them all with rash generalizations. That's a good idea. Some dude named hitler did that too.

Neither Jeter or Rivera had unrealistic improvements later in their career. And neither of them have a huge head with eyes bulging out of it.

Neither Jeter or Rivera had unrealistic improvements later in their career. And neither of them have a huge head with eyes bulging out of it.

Rivera is how old and still doing well? What does the way Youks look like have anything to do with anything. You're grasping for straws here.

Rivera is how old and still doing well? What does the way Youks look like have anything to do with anything. You're grasping for straws here.

Rivera has ALWAYS been this good though. Since 1996. Guys who have unrealistic improvements in their careers are usually the guys who went to the Rx. Sure it's possible that he's on it. Much less likely than a guy who all of a sudden magically becomes a power hitter at 29 years old and who looks grotesque. Everyone saw how Bonds' head ballooned the same thing happened to Ortiz.

Rivera has ALWAYS been this good though. Since 1996. Guys who have unrealistic improvements in their careers are usually the guys who went to the Rx. Sure it's possible that he's on it. Much less likely than a guy who all of a sudden magically becomes a power hitter at 29 years old and who looks grotesque. Everyone saw how Bonds' head ballooned.

Pretty much....at least you acknowledge Mo could be taking something.

Rivera has ALWAYS been this good though. Since 1996. Guys who have unrealistic improvements in their careers are usually the guys who went to the Rx. Sure it's possible that he's on it. Much less likely than a guy who all of a sudden magically becomes a power hitter at 29 years old and who looks grotesque. Everyone saw how Bonds' head ballooned.

Youks has always looked that way. The way he looks is not a valid argument. And is it really that out of the realm of possibility for a guy coming into his prime to hit 13 more homers from one year to another while hitting in a hitter friednly park without the use of PEDs? It's not like he jumped from 16 to 50. He jumped from 16 to 29.

Conspiracy!

Youks has always looked that way. The way he looks is not a valid argument. And is it really that out of the realm of possibility for a guy coming into his prime to hit 13 more homers from one year to another while hitting in a hitter friednly park without the use of PEDs? It's not like he jumped from 16 to 50. He jumped from 16 to 29.

Conspiracy!

Youkilis is an awesome hitter regardless.

Conspiracy!

Show me another player who's SLG% went up 100+ when they were that old and sustained that performance. Besides Brady Anderson and Barry Bonds.

EDIT: There is actually one other guy doing it right now. Jose Bautista. Does ANYONE in their right mind think he isn't juicing?

Show me another player who's SLG% went up 100+ when they were that old and sustained that performance. Besides Brady Anderson and Barry Bonds.

EDIT: There is actually one other guy doing it right now. Jose Bautista. Does ANYONE in their right mind think he isn't juicing?

So you just proved yourself wrong? That's an interesting debate method.

I'll take Lester. Younger and won't break down as quickly. CC and those innings are going to catch up with his unhealthy body and it won't be pretty. Unless he is going to be like David Wells.

Its 1-0.

And, "unhealthy body" wtf does that mean? Its ******* baseball.

Its 1-0.

And, "unhealthy body" wtf does that mean? Its ******* baseball.

His obesity is going to weigh down on him eventually. His body is bound to start breaking down under the weight. It's science.

It should be more than 1-0 if the ump wasn't an idiot or the Red Sox could hit w/RISP.

The guy has never hit 30 homers but he's juicing? You sure it couldn't be that he got more doubles from hitting balls of the Green Monster and the alleyways in hitter friendly Fenway? You sure that it couldn't be that?

He's played there his whole career and he had a borderline magical improvement in power.

His obesity is going to weigh down on him eventually. His body is bound to start breaking down under the weight. It's science.

It should be more than 1-0 if the ump wasn't an idiot or the Red Sox could hit w/RISP.

1 He isn't Obese.

2 People have been saying that about him since 1999.

"Eventually"

Youkilis is fat too. I guess his unhealthy body will weigh down on him. Same with Ortiz.

The guy plays every 5 days. His weight means absolutely nothing as long as his arm holds up. Clemens was effective into his 40's as a fat a$$.

Archived