The Office Mafia Game Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's usually the way it works.

Listen, supposing Hess is telling the truth and you're town, work with me. If you think I'm being confusing or whatever, ask me to clarify. I'll do my best. I had a scummy vibe on Dan and that sorta spilled over to you (of course), but I'm willing to go with the idea that you're town. Hess needing to get that out there doesn't seem like a scum maneuver at all.

@Hess - anything else the copier does? Are you supposed to pass it on tonight?

Honestly, its more of general feeling/observation. It seemed every time the back and forth was at a boiling point, you'd step in and help it over boil. There arent really any specific posts, actually its was numerous one, just an observation that you seemed swoop in when things were getting hot and your presence only seemed to make things worse.

Re Hess: All I can say is I'm town, so the info he got was good and it makes me feel very good he's town as well.

To me it sounds like the copy machine allowed Hess to see a PM sent to another player.

I'd have to agree with the Ape on Hess' copier machine...most likely an investigation result...no need for that player to come forward...but interesting none the less...

I guess it was inevitable. I was really starting to get town read on him and would have liked to go another direction. Hopefully my initial instincts were right and we got scum. I dunno.

But I love how their are 11 players lurking but nobody commenting. Makes me think scum is laying low and everyone out front is town.

next to impossible to figure. Scum lay low, town lays low we spend entirely too much time on day one trying to get people to reveal which I think is bad news for day one, Ive always said that. Day one and Day 2 should be relatively quick and while we gather information the game should begin to slow down and become more interesting.

How many times have low layers been targeted as scum and almost always come up town ?

My gut tells me lily is scum from a few comments she has made but I dread going back yet again to find them I also have a feeling she is tied in some way with CTM. I would have kept my vote on her but CTM seemed to have slipped a bit so I changed my vote.

I'd have to agree with the Ape on Hess' copier machine...most likely an investigation result...no need for that player to come forward...but interesting none the less...

I think being able to possibly confirm a townie without having to give a role away was worth it. That was my line of thinking from the start. I wasn't pleading to do it but as I said, if we didn't retard all of our reveals today I would like to get it out there.

Actually, you should shut the **** up. How many times did I tell CTM to shut up, look at the big picture and tell me what he thought of Jetscode? How many times?

You telling him to shut up just incites more arguement and you know it. So let it rest

Nice hammer, ape...do we still have another reveal to give...if so I'll reveal my item now...

Based on JVOR's warning the other day, I think this post will be counted as a reveal. So you might as well elaborate.

Final Day 2 Vote Count

CTM (8): Smash, Lily, Wombat, Pac, Slats, CTM, Hess, Primate

Hess (3): AVM, J80, Jetscode

Lily (1): Vicious

Jetscode (1): JiF

Vicious (1): Crusher

Not voting: Verbal

With 15 people alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

REVEALS REMAINING: 0

Deadline has been set for Monday at 4PM ET

Honestly, its more of general feeling/observation. It seemed every time the back and forth was at a boiling point, you'd step in and help it over boil. There arent really any specific posts, actually its was numerous one, just an observation that you seemed swoop in when things were getting hot and your presence only seemed to make things worse.

Re Hess: All I can say is I'm town, so the info he got was good and it makes me feel very good he's town as well.

Of course, scum also knows you're town... just saying. And that's assuming you are, which I'm not.

Dude, careful with the assumption - just because Hess gave us a photocopy of "JIF is town" doesn't mean that Hess is town.

Final Day 2 Vote Count

CTM (8): Smash, Lily, Wombat, Pac, Slats, CTM, Hess, Primate

Hess (3): AVM, J80, Jetscode

Lily (1): Vicious

Jetscode (1): JiF

Vicious (1): Crusher

Not voting: Verbal

With 15 people alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

REVEALS REMAINING: 0

Deadline has been set for Monday at 4PM ET

So CTM is at the 8th vote but not dead ? Dan is this true ?

Of course, scum also knows you're town... just saying. And that's assuming you are, which I'm not.

Dude, careful with the assumption - just because Hess gave us a photocopy of "JIF is town" doesn't mean that Hess is town.

Of course not. Everything I'm telling you guys is the truth. You can make your own assumptions.

I think being able to possibly confirm a townie without having to give a role away was worth it. That was my line of thinking from the start. I wasn't pleading to do it but as I said, if we didn't retard all of our reveals today I would like to get it out there.

Nice play...I just wanted to hear it from you and the means you obtained...that why I pursued your reveal...

I have an item as well...and want to get it out so we can at least have some basis to sort out others reveals...I have to pass mine along tonight...may or may not get to who I intend to give it to...but as the game goes on we should be able to identify all the items in play...or at least prevent the scum from false claiming an item...unless they wanted to use another scum mate to confirm its existence...thoughts?

Nice play...I just wanted to hear it from you and the means you obtained...that why I pursued your reveal...

I have an item as well...and want to get it out so we can at least have some basis to sort out others reveals...I have to pass mine along tonight...may or may not get to who I intend to give it to...but as the game goes on we should be able to identify all the items in play...or at least prevent the scum from false claiming an item...unless they wanted to use another scum mate to confirm its existence...thoughts?

er, I would say it's up to you on what you want to do. I try to play aggressively and attack scum with as many WIFOMs as I can. That's what I do. If I sent this item to somebody else and it was stolen and written with something else that could have been used against town down the line. So that's why I did what I did. As far as JiF being Town, I believe that he is yes, based on Dan and the info I've been given. If we were to keep doing what we were doing with reveal restrictions what I am saying could have been held in check. Hence my play. You should play how you see fit.

"It's him. It has got to be him. He's just...sketchy and weird...and he smells," said the employees.

"Well, I know what you're talking about with the smell," CTM said. "Mung beans. Healthy for you, but they smell like death."

"Ugh. Get him out of here, it's gotta be him. He just steals stuff...and besides, what does he even do around here?"

"Quality assurance. I assure you that things are high quality."

But the employees are convinced that CTM has been up to no good.

"Fine. Whatever. I'm outta here."

CTM, A.K.A Creed A.K.A Town Thief, has been voted out of the office.

2009Creed.jpg

"Oh, and someone can take my computer," he says as he walks down the hall. "It's the best one in the office."

Game Thread Trivia, tonight @9PM to win the computer. First person to PM me the correct answer after I post the question will win the item.

Have to assume what CTM said was true, then. Two periods of night actions that allowed this player (has to be scum) to destroy an item after it moved from one player to another. Maybe they can track items? Not sure why they would've chosen CTM to target.

JC's item can be powerful at end game, not so much now.

Hess's copier would seem to be potentially more damaging. If a player can put whatever name/alignment they want in there and pass it along, it could potentially give false indications. If Hess was the first person to have it, I'd tend to believe that the note in there was true. Can't completely exclude the possibility that scum had the item to start the game, though.

Have to assume what CTM said was true, then. Two periods of night actions that allowed this player (has to be scum) to destroy an item after it moved from one player to another. Maybe they can track items? Not sure why they would've chosen CTM to target.

JC's item can be powerful at end game, not so much now.

Hess's copier would seem to be potentially more damaging. If a player can put whatever name/alignment they want in there and pass it along, it could potentially give false indications. If Hess was the first person to have it, I'd tend to believe that the note in there was true. Can't completely exclude the possibility that scum had the item to start the game, though.

When that item was up for grabs I noticed 3 people at the bottom of the thread viewing it. CTM was one of those people as was Pac and Myself so we can only assume scum targeted him because they saw his name down there and would answer the triva question before anyone else.

When that item was up for grabs I noticed 3 people at the bottom of the thread viewing it. CTM was one of those people as was Pac and Myself so we can only assume scum targeted him because they saw his name down there and would answer the triva question before anyone else.

What item on D1? He was targeted on N1.

Wow.

What item on D1? He was targeted on N1.

I thought you ware talking about the item he won with the triva question, I never mentioned day 1. I was online during the last one as was CTM you can see our names down at the bottom of the screen. Some users are anon but I specificly remember seeing CTM and PAC

I thought you ware talking about the item he won with the triva question, I never mentioned day 1. I was online during the last one as was CTM you can see our names down at the bottom of the screen. Some users are anon but I specificly remember seeing CTM and PAC

He was targeted by this "item destroyer" on N1; after he took the Ape's letter it was taken from him and destroyed. The item he won D2 hadn't yet come into play.

wow what ?

Slats was referring to my letter, the item that CTM stole from me on N1. Why would scum have targeted CTM on N1 was his question.

ALL of D2 revolved around CTM stealing my letter on N1 and it getting destroyed, and you confused that with CTM's trivia challenge item which was won by him during D2, and not destroyed. Surprised by the oversight, that's all.

He was targeted by this "item destroyer" on N1; after he took the Ape's letter it was taken from him and destroyed. The item he won D2 hadn't yet come into play.

Ok gotcha I misunderstood. I was focused on the item he just won.

Slats was referring to my letter, the item that CTM stole from me on N1. Why would scum have targeted CTM on N1 was his question.

ALL of D2 revolved around CTM stealing my letter on N1 and it getting destroyed, and you confused that with CTM's trivia challenge item which was won by him during D2, and not destroyed. Surprised by the oversight, that's all.

yep I got caught up in the last item he received.

Archived