The Office Mafia Game Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not caught up, just landed abnd taxiing in... lilies reveal makes no sense. If 33% chance of any 1 outcome using duck, then she shouldn't have a investigation result plus broken duck. Only one or the other.

Have to read deboarding now, will post when home.

My favorites for scum Vic, J80, Hess and to a lesser degree you and JiF.

not sure about the mallard. Do we want to expose a confirmed townie? What if it just happens to be a power role? Would she get just a town reading or a power role reading? Thats my concern.

That's a weird question. She said she got an innocent.

Vic is scary because Vic is scary as scum. I get that. I can see JF80, as I just don't like his role as a town role.

I want to trust in Hess. One day it'll burn me, but I always feel good about Hess. If his copy machine can be trusted, then I can feel good about JiF as well. If no one counters Lily, I (at least) feel good about her as not scum - because of the fact that she was targeted by scum (the fact that JC was fired, not poisoned, strangled, etc.). And that's why I want her to reveal her innocent read, so I can maybe feel good about another player as well. I think more cleared townies is better for town. Shrinks the pool we lynch from.

Not caught up, just landed abnd taxiing in... lilies reveal makes no sense. If 33% chance of any 1 outcome using duck, then she shouldn't have a investigation result plus broken duck. Only one or the other.

She had the duck N1 and got a result, N2 it broke.

That's a weird question. She said she got an innocent.

Vic is scary because Vic is scary as scum. I get that. I can see JF80, as I just don't like his role as a town role.

I want to trust in Hess. One day it'll burn me, but I always feel good about Hess. If his copy machine can be trusted, then I can feel good about JiF as well. If no one counters Lily, I (at least) feel good about her as not scum - because of the fact that she was targeted by scum (the fact that JC was fired, not poisoned, strangled, etc.). And that's why I want her to reveal her innocent read, so I can maybe feel good about another player as well. I think more cleared townies is better for town. Shrinks the pool we lynch from.

Agreed dude. She should. I was thinking about narrowing down the pool for the power role. Just got twisted in my head.

You're right! I got a result night one, the person I passed it to broke it night two. Butterfingers!

^ If she got an innocent read, I'd guess that she handed it off to that person.

Actually, no. I gave it to Vicious, hoping he'd view me and get off my a$$. Plus, I get a strong town read from him. The strongest I get from anyone that I don't know for sure is town.

Actually, no. I gave it to Vicious, hoping he'd view me and get off my a$$. Plus, I get a strong town read from him. The strongest I get from anyone that I don't know for sure is town.

Let me explain that further. At the time, my life was worth TWO lives, at least one of which was town. maybe two. I felt a need to get Vic off my back, for the town's sake.

Home now... So then does Vic know who he received it from?

Also, to make it official: UNVOTE

Home now... So then does Vic know who he received it from?

Also, to make it official: UNVOTE

I don't know, but I think so, given the wording of the PM I got when I got it.

Although I'm still leery, I'm inclined to give Lily the benefit of the doubt right now. Scum has been killing by "firing", and no one has countered her so odds are she's who she says she is.

I think JiF's case was clumsy but doesn't necessarily mean he's scum. I don't think Hess' copier vets him but he's probably not a good lynch today.

so.. that leads me back to Hess. I don't like how nonchalantly he hopped on JiF's hogwash case earlier today.

Unvote

Vote Hess

I'd also be willing to vote Wombat or AVM. Wombat because he's done virtually nothing the entire game in terms of scum hunting, and AVM because I still don't like how quickly everyone unvoted him after his cryptic reveal without revealing followed by the queer threat.

Let me explain that further. At the time, my life was worth TWO lives, at least one of which was town. maybe two. I felt a need to get Vic off my back, for the town's sake.

So it was you?

I tried using it and poof, destroyed before I got my investigation in.

So it was you?

I tried using it and poof, destroyed before I got my investigation in.

Hold on - did it get destroyed BEFORE you submitted a name to be investigated, or AFTER?

Trying to determine if it was destroyed like the letter, or due to the 33% that it would break.

you said "the wording of the PM when you got it" leads you to believe Vic would know who gave it to him.

that doesn't sound right to me.

I understand what you're saying, Pac. You think I'm lying. I'm not. It's what I thought.

The night seems to drag on forever.

"Let's get on with it!" the employees all shout.

"Screw you guys," says the mod.

Just then, a courier brings a memo to the office. "Video Conference Call for SMC from Corporate."

"What? why me?" SMC says in a panicked voice. "I've done my job!"

The reluctant SMC grows beet red. He goes into the conference room, shuts the door, and takes the call. The office tries to look busy, but everyone is listening in on what's being said.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY SALES ARE NOT UP TO PAR! I had a career month! Hell, I'm having a career year!"

"That's not what our records indicate. Seems to us that you not only have lost us several big accounts, but you've had a history of anger management issues."

"WHAT. THE. FRAK. AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!"

The door bursts open. SMC starts to go nuts, tossing tables around and throwing office equipment.

"Sharrow, was it you???" SMC grabs Sharrow by the arm and pulls Sharrow into the conference room.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Sharrow cries out.

"You vindictive piece of sh*t! You've always had it out for me!"

"**** you, I don't have to take your crap anymore!"

SMC and Sharrow start bitch-slapping each other. Corporate is stunned by the display they are witnessing. "You're both fired. I don't care who started it, office violence is not tolerated."

SMC, A.K.A Andy Bernard, A.K.A explosive townie (able to take out one person after being voted off or being fired) has been fired.

50236_2230956522_2231_n.jpg

In the process, Sharrow, A.K.A Holly Flax, A.K.A 1-time town lie detector has been fired as well.

Hollytheoffice.jpg

In the bustle of the night, it appears that a recommendation letter with someone's name on it (would have been able to protect that individual from 1 nighttime "firing") has been torn into pieces.

DAY 2 HAS BEGUN. With 16 players alive, it takes 9 to lynch. DEADLINE IS MONDAY, 4PM ET.

Did we ever discuss this? Are we under the impression that SMC took out Sharrow or were these 2 deaths separate of each other?

Is this everything we've had surface so far? I'm not going to delve into setup talk, but I'm just trying to assess the landscape of objects. Destroyed objects are pink

Items:

Letter of Recommendation - BPV specific to my character (APE), stolen (CTM), destroyed (unsure of how it was destroyed)

Copy Machine - Hess says it gave an investigation report, unsure of legitimacy, unsure of whereabouts now

Computer - waiting for next trivia give away, possessed by Brett, then CTM, then Jetscode

Mallard Duck - investigative, used by Lily, destroyed when used by Vic

Strong Man Award - possessed by Jetscode, unsure of whereabouts

Bag of Pot - frame someone and get them fired (kind of like a 1-time kill)

Jim's Mug (?) - used to poison Verbal (scum) (not sure how often it can be used)

Abilities:

Thief (CTM)

Explosive townie (SMC) (gets to take someone out with him, his choice?)

Protection from items (Brett)

Lovers (2, able to die for each other, but not able to communicate) (Lily, Jetscode)

Ability to stop a lynch (JF80)

1-time lie detector (sharrow)

Redirector (Verbal, SCUM)

Win when Toby dies (DPR, 3rd party)

I understand what you're saying, Pac. You think I'm lying. I'm not. It's what I thought.

I think everyone is lying Lily. ;) Only feel good about 1 or 2 people tops. You were about to be 3 but then said you though Vic knew it came from you.

She said she wasn't sure. Vic said no. If they were in cahoots lying, they'd be on the same page.

true.. I just didn't know what gave Lily the impression that Vic would have known who it came from.

Did we ever discuss this? Are we under the impression that SMC took out Sharrow or were these 2 deaths separate of each other?

Given that we won't know until the game is over, what is there to discuss?

There were either 2 separate kills, and SMC tried to take someone who was BP with him.

Or there was 1 kill, it was SMC, and he took Sharrow with him.

The end.

Given that we won't know until the game is over, what is there to discuss?

There were either 2 separate kills, and SMC tried to take someone who was BP with him.

Or there was 1 kill, it was SMC, and he took Sharrow with him.

The end.

I feel like JVOR has been pretty specific so he would have specified that SMC took Sharrow down with him, which he did not, so I'm assuming they were different.

Hold on - did it get destroyed BEFORE you submitted a name to be investigated, or AFTER?

Trying to determine if it was destroyed like the letter, or due to the 33% that it would break.

Before. I did not submit a name and the duck didn't break due to my use. It was destroyed by someone else.

Archived