Hell House Mafia Game Thread

HessStation

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You continue to try and cast doubt when there has been and most likely will not be a counter a claim. Because if someone counter claims then one of us will be lynched today and if it's me the scum will be lynched tomorrow.

I'm happy where my vote is

We're all supposed to assume you are confirmed? I don't think so. I'm buying your reveal as much as I buy uncountered reveals. Have you ever been fooled by an uncontested reveal? It's not fun, so a little skepticism is always in order. You are reading more than that into it.

As for my vote on Lily ... neutral on her as usual, but at least there's a chance she's a demon whereas I know I'm not. I'm mildly curious because I don't know if I've ever seen her so hesitant to buy a reveal, but not sure what that says because I don't know how much sense that makes for scum to do.

We're all supposed to assume you are confirmed? I don't think so. I'm buying your reveal as much as I buy uncountered reveals. Have you ever been fooled by an uncontested reveal? It's not fun, so a little skepticism is always in order. You are reading more than that into it.

Normally if it's uncontested it is as close to confirmed as you can get without actual mod confirmations. I can say honesty that I've never been fooled by an uncontested reveal.

Normally if it's uncontested it is as close to confirmed as you can get without actual mod confirmations. I can say honesty that I've never been fooled by an uncontested reveal.

If there's a game without a doc you can easily fool the town.

In my first year of mafia, we used to do that a bit on DM.

stick around!

You'll find for some reason people don't counter here

Lol I'll admit that JVOR has heavily encouraged me in the past to switch up my game more so I can someday become as unreadable as he is, but honestly some games I have more to work with than others. I don't make things up if I don't see anything.

lol.. does jvor really say he's unreadable. :D

lol.. does jvor really say he's unreadable. :D

Haha. Well, I guess he's unreadable in the sense that people always think he's scummy. He intentionally plays scummyish as town so that he can get away with more as scum. He has suggested on many occasions that I do the same. Only about 10% of this is intentional, though. Lol when I see things, I see things, and when I don't, I don't. Idk where you got "helpless" from all that btw. I'm just not going to pretend to be certain about things when I'm honestly confused.

And if being "confused" is my "scumtell" this game, two games ago my "scumtell" was the opposite. At one point SMC said the surefire way to know I'm scum is if I act confident/aggressive about anything. I just react to games differently, especially when the setups vary so greatly from game to game.

ok here's the latest post count, again won't be around much tomorrow to track on my computer so you'll have track yourselves for the most part...sorry.

Official Vote Count:

JiF (1): Brett

Dan X (7): Vic, Lily, JF80, CTM, Crusher, JiF, DPR

JF80 (1): Primate

Jack (2): Verb, Smash

Primate (1): Pac

Sharrow (1): JC

Lily (3): Slats, Jack, Dan

Not voting: Sharrow, Duke

With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch

DEADLINE IS Tomorrow 9:00 pm EST

I seriously thought the game was a crazy joke at the beginning. I was expecting us to kind of float along and randomly get murdered. Now there's a real scum team and suddenly a hardcore deadline lol.

ok here's the latest post count, again won't be around much tomorrow to track on my computer so you'll have track yourselves for the most part...sorry.

Official Vote Count:

JiF (1): Brett

Dan X (7): Vic, Lily, JF80, CTM, Crusher, JiF, DPR

JF80 (1): Primate

Jack (2): Verb, Smash

Primate (1): Pac

Sharrow (1): JC

Lily (3): Slats, Jack, Dan

Not voting: Sharrow, Duke

With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch

DEADLINE IS Tomorrow 9:00 pm EST

I'll do my best to track it tomorrow as I can, although it'll be a bit sporadic I''m sure.

Haha. Well, I guess he's unreadable in the sense that people always think he's scummy. He intentionally plays scummyish as town so that he can get away with more as scum. He has suggested on many occasions that I do the same. Only about 10% of this is intentional, though. Lol when I see things, I see things, and when I don't, I don't. Idk where you got "helpless" from all that btw. I'm just not going to pretend to be certain about things when I'm honestly confused.

And if being "confused" is my "scumtell" this game, two games ago my "scumtell" was the opposite. At one point SMC said the surefire way to know I'm scum is if I act confident/aggressive about anything. I just react to games differently, especially when the setups vary so greatly from game to game.

You used to have a scumtell, but now you are lazy as town too so it's moot :D.. And I don't always think jvor is scum, but i always vote him cause he usually tips his hand when harrassed, imo..

re: Helpless, I think you're playing the female card a bit. Maybe your being completely upfront, but seeing a how I don't know your alignment, one way of interpreting you're reaction is as a kind of appeal to emotion

You used to have a scumtell, but now you are lazy as town too so it's moot :D.. And I don't always think jvor is scum, but i always vote him cause he usually tips his hand when harrassed, imo..

re: Helpless, I think you're playing the female card a bit. Maybe your being completely upfront, but seeing a how I don't know your alignment, one way of interpreting you're reaction is as a kind of appeal to emotion

I don't really see what you mean by the "female card", nor the appeal to emotion, as I've said straight up if I weren't myself I'd probably be voting me, too. Lol. I'm not overly concerned about being lynched because it seems like the dead are able to continue communicating with the town. So I'd still get to play along. :) In a pretty good mood about that.

I doubt there's an SK. What would be the point of one in the story Hess has painted? People vs. demons. Town vs. scum. That's it. That's the assumption I'm going with anyways.

I wouldn't rule out Hess killing off people as he sees fit though. He'd be the closest to an SK in this game.

I do too, but I was just making the point that a 3rd party player shouldn't be our focus right now.

Lol I'll admit that JVOR has heavily encouraged me in the past to switch up my game more so I can someday become as unreadable as he is, but honestly some games I have more to work with than others. I don't make things up if I don't see anything.

Yodel more. Throws scum hunters off his path

Sorry @ avm I thought she was at L-1

S'ok. It happens a lot, apparently? :P

Would Dan really flat out claim roleless townie if scum?

Guh. Rolling over this easy is annoying me.

How is this rolling over? I'm at L-2, and I don't have anything groundbreaking to share.

If you want my blind guesses as to who's scum, possibly AVM, Brett, Lily, Sharrow, J80, maybe you, no concrete ideas.

How is this rolling over? I'm at L-2, and I don't have anything groundbreaking to share.

If you want my blind guesses as to who's scum, possibly AVM, Brett, Lily, Sharrow, J80, maybe you, no concrete ideas.

Me and Brett?

You're just like, Meh L-2 oh well. I feel like you're giving me a Pete Cambell shoulder shrug.

pete-shrug.gif

Me and Brett?

Lol sure. You always play clean as scum, and I noticed in a couple of places some subtle directing that didn't quite seem like you. But I don't really know what to think of you after the "bank on it" game. As for it Brett, it was just the "ugh hate half reveals!!!" post that was kind of odd to me. Both of these are substantially far from a good case on someone, hence I'm saying I don't really have much.

You're just like, Meh L-2 oh well. I feel like you're giving me a Pete Cambell shoulder shrug.

pete-shrug.gif

Haha well it's not the end of the world, is it? I get to keep playing and making cases if I notice something good. You of all people should understand the principle of not grasping at straws when you don't have anything significant to share.

Of course I'd prefer we lynch someone else. But I'm not going to flip out if a majority of people think I'm the best bet for scum.

Lol sure. You always play clean as scum, and I noticed in a couple of places some subtle directing that didn't quite seem like you. But I don't really know what to think of you after the "bank on it" game. As for it Brett, it was just the "ugh hate half reveals!!!" post that was kind of odd to me. Both of these are substantially far from a good case on someone, hence I'm saying I don't really have much.

Meh. Brett just was really low on the totem pole to me, I guess. We always get 3 or 4 people that jump on half-reveals every game. CTM either half-reveals, or complains about a half-reveal :P I've said something once, wrestlemafia I think with WE.

As for bank on it -- it's a craze, Dan. Bank on it, JVoY, and the magic 8 ball are my contributions to teh mafia goodness. It's dare I say legend **wait for it**

Haha well it's not the end of the world, is it? I get to keep playing and making cases if I notice something good. You of all people should understand the principle of not grasping at straws when you don't have anything significant to share.

Of course I'd prefer we lynch someone else. But I'm not going to flip out if a majority of people think I'm the best bet for scum.

I understand it just feels too easy if you get lynched. Never would think scum would give themselves up so easily.

Meh. Brett just was really low on the totem pole to me, I guess. We always get 3 or 4 people that jump on half-reveals every game. CTM either half-reveals, or complains about a half-reveal :P I've said something once, wrestlemafia I think with WE.

As for bank on it -- it's a craze, Dan. Bank on it, JVoY, and the magic 8 ball are my contributions to teh mafia goodness. It's dare I say legend **wait for it**

Haha. I know it could go either way. The 'bzahh!!!!' reaction from brett seemed slightly over the top to me (for brett, just felt like he's more the type to express the sentiment less excitedly), but it's really nothing more than a feeling.

I understand it just feels too easy if you get lynched. Never would think scum would give themselves up so easily.

What are you thinking? Like a bomb or something? I still can't see her giving up that easily as a bomb could take someone out any time they're lynched.

I hope I'd be crafty enough to do it as scum. I'm apparently simultaneously appealing to emotion and playing the female card while rolling over, which seems pretty adept of me. :P I don't think you should read too much into that aspect of it.

What are you thinking? Like a bomb or something? I still can't see her giving up that easily as a bomb could take someone out any time they're lynched.

This kind of post feels somewhat strange from you. Hmmmm, AVM. You are making me go hmmmmm about you. :D

FWIW I'm not loving JC's play. That's part of the reason I'm wavering right now. He put a vote on Wombat for a reason of something like "I want to see Wombat explain himself" and the poor masshole hadn't said much of anything yet. Now his vote on Dan seems lazy and unnecessary. We aren't so close to deadline that we need to throw a vote like that at this stage. I can see it more tomorrow. Just seems opportunistic. Not so much the number of the vote, just the timing of it.

Archived