Sacred Thrust Mafia - Official Game Thread

Jack_D

Sorry SMC. To be fair, we submitted that NK before hearing about what happened. Hope all is well!

Back from Vegas. Catching up. ;)

This is true. But i was kinda having fun with the whole vendetta thing which was why I wasn't saying anything. :)

Sorry fellas, but that change the fact that I will stop at nothing (well, almost nothing) for you 2 (and verbal) to be dead. If I could kill, you'd know who'd be gone.

Unfortunately, I agree with Verbal's take on the issue at hand so I won't vote him yet (but if Hess or Verbal are in hammer zone, I'm taking them out. Just saying. I'll save my vengence for JF80 for another game).

Anyway, I'm not keen on a counter to JC because it's an easy scum set-up with no results. Nevertheless, JC's "reveal" is very convenient. Gets heavy pressure then makes a claim to deflect against another player knowing that the other's death won't do him in without alignment. That's assuming he's scum.

The thing is, without alignment known at death if JC is a fake cop he can run rampant through this game. I always like voting BG because he's under-the-radar scummy and then has used subtlely conflicting reasoning to get someone lynched, usually me. But that's just voting for BG because he's BG or, in other words, Sharrow's sloppy mafia rationale.

My preference is to lynch both JC and BG. The order bears thought, but I'm leaning JC because he might try to get someone else lynched tomorrow and then the "run rampant" threat arises.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With no autopsy results we should kill both jc and bleedin, i think.. and mass claim..

@mod.. can you give us a random list for name claim order?

If we lynch bleedin, we'll have no clue if JC is legit or not, and it'd be very easy for him to take us for a ride. I'd rather kill them both and no we eliminated 1 scum. Maybe mass reveal picks up another counter claim or two.. And then the rest will be blind luck

Pretty sure BG is sitting at L2. I think it's the right thing to do to wait to hear from him before lynching him - but that's my inclination.

Obviously, the lack of alignment in death scenes really messes us up. We won't know if BG is scum after he's dead, just as we wouldn't know if JC was lying if we lynched him. Makes e dry move difficult. To me, lynching JC and his enhanced magic 8-ball is a paranoid move. Sure, it could be a clever scum play - but if it's not, we're really killing ourselves.

My take right now continues to be to lynch BG, and to let JC live indefinitely. If he's really the cop, and he leads us to lynch a couple scum, scum will eventually have to NK him - especially in a game where we don't expect a GF. They can only let him hang so long.

Frankly, I think it's either foolish or outright scummy to suggest lynching JC, and those are the people I'd look to lynch in the meantime.

All roles are based on a hospital. Hence the hospital mafia. If someone claims an ability like cop or finder they will be fed to the zombie Indian skeletons that live under the hospital.

@Ape you make my different flavor of mafia sound like a bad thing.

No dont get me wrong I found the posts that made you guys assume he claimed cop (Im not skimming at all) but I have yet to hear from him in response to those claims which are weak at best. He can say Im the Cop just like others claimed nurse Im pretty sure of that. When he definitively claims cop then I will believe it Im not going on a few peoples assumptions. What say you JC ? Are they correct ?

He can't claim cop unless the role he was given is cop.. The ape is pretending he's the doc and his role name is Apesthesiologist, btw.. if there's a vig I'd shoot this pig yesterday.. if he's really the doc he'll survive and we can coutn on 1 townie being around till end game..

Pretty sure BG is sitting at L2. I think it's the right thing to do to wait to hear from him before lynching him - but that's my inclination.

Obviously, the lack of alignment in death scenes really messes us up. We won't know if BG is scum after he's dead, just as we wouldn't know if JC was lying if we lynched him. Makes e dry move difficult. To me, lynching JC and his enhanced magic 8-ball is a paranoid move. Sure, it could be a clever scum play - but if it's not, we're really killing ourselves.

My take right now continues to be to lynch BG, and to let JC live indefinitely. If he's really the cop, and he leads us to lynch a couple scum, scum will eventually have to NK him - especially in a game where we don't expect a GF. They can only let him hang so long.

Frankly, I think it's either foolish or outright scummy to suggest lynching JC, and those are the people I'd look to lynch in the meantime.

How can scum not be named in a death scene ? Whats the point of playing if you dont know the score ? I can somewhat understand not revealing a players role in the Death scene but I think if hes scum or town must be revealed. Can you confirm this JACK

He can't claim cop unless the role he was given is cop.. The ape is pretending he's the doc and his role name is Apesthesiologist, btw.. if there's a vig I'd shoot this pig yesterday.. if he's really the doc he'll survive and we can coutn on 1 townie being around till end game..

Dont speculate I dont see the Apes role as being the Doc at all. lets not start this because in 3 pages he will be the doc and Ill be asking the same damn questions :) Lets not play telephone here

I dont like this post at all Chan its like your trying to create a claim that does nto exist to grab a counter

I think Jif advocating lynchuing BG to vet JC is far more scummy..

We're probably at 10-4... means 3 mislynchs four the loss, a scum masquerading as cop woul make that happen for sure..

I would agree with letting him live, if I was confident someone would be counterclaiming, but people don't do that here far too often.. And if they get NK'd we'd be doomed.

If you are a cop, and know that JC is lying, I thinking you should claim you know he's lying w/out saying your role name

I never said or even hinted that I had "healer" powers. If I had the ability to block a night kill attempt, why would I have first claimed "Nurses Aide" in order to avoid a NK? Your stupidity amazes me sometimes... keep up the vig directing, its pure brilliance. :rolleyes:

Could be a roleblocker, or a protector/RB combo, too. Obviously he was suggesting that he was indispensable, but he does that when he's roleless. :P

Dont speculate I dont see the Apes role as being the Doc at all. lets not start this because in 3 pages he will be the doc and Ill be asking the same damn questions :) Lets not play telephone here

I dont like this post at all Chan its like your trying to create a claim that does nto exist to grab a counter

Yep.

He's a scummy pig that Cheetah The Monkey.

This is exactly what I was afraid of, with no alignments revealed mafia thinks its time to take us all on a ride. It was the only thing that made sense as to why JC would come out the way he did against me. I would never normally encourage a counter-claim this early, but I'm definitely leaning that way on this one, what does everyone else think? This isn't even about saving my own a$$ from lynch, but under the circumstances I feel like it's probably better off for the real cop to speak up right now as opposed to waiting on this, otherwise it's likely to only be an even bigger cluster**** later in the game.

As far as the whole role claim conversation that came up, I wasn't going to get into this because I kind of hate playing this game, but am I the only one that noticed that Jack repeatedly issued warnings about role reveals earlier in the game, even responding to joke "reveals" thrown out there, threatening mod-kills but then didn't have a word to say about JC using his little 8ball BS to circumvent those rules to make a claim? Why would Jack not have an issue with that? Simple, JC's full of crap and Jack didn't take that as being a hint towards him being the cop because he's not the cop.

I'll gladly answer any other questions you guys have, but trust me I realize this situation is completely ****ed. I have no delusions about the fact that even if you guys realize JC is scum and lynch his a$$ there's only so long before I end up dead one way or another, but until then, I'm just trying to keep the scum from pulling off this crap.

Lets just start hyper lynching everyone. BG, then JC, then CTM, JiF, Nae, Vic, Slats.. in that order.

Lets go.

I actually agree with the order 100% --- holy sh*t.

To add, the way I see it, we lynch BG now... and let JC go into night phase. Let scum toil over what to do with him if he's legit... if he's really the cop, then its on them to either kill him or gamble on the wifom. Let's make it their anxiety though... as for trusting JC's results tomorrow, well nobody is saying that by lynching BG first we are committing ourselves to believing JC at all here... BG first is just the better play, purely to see what happens to JC.

The entire issue here is that we won't see BG's alignment upon death, therefore we won't know whether or not JC actually gave us scum or if he's yanking our chains.

This post bothers me...

Bothers you? Good. lol

Nah, rough morning. Dont you hate when you walk in and the first thing that happens on Monday morning is bad news...and unfortunately in my industry I got just about the worse news you can get other than a client just all together not working with you. Ugh.

That said, forgot about the alignment thingy. Need to think...but still feel like either one of them should be our decision.

I get that, but I'm leary of a Slats Jordan situation which JC would essentially be put in as a "confirmed" townie who could manipulate the game on a daily basis.

Official Vote Count: Day 2

BG (6) - JC1, Ape, JiF, Sharrow, PAC, Smash

JC (3) - BG, Vic, Verb

JiF (1) - Hess

It takes 8 to lynch

Deadline Wednesday ?????? PM

No coroner report means no nothing. If AVM was still alive then you'd get everything.

This is exactly what I was afraid of, with no alignments revealed mafia thinks its time to take us all on a ride. It was the only thing that made sense as to why JC would come out the way he did against me. I would never normally encourage a counter-claim this early, but I'm definitely leaning that way on this one, what does everyone else think? This isn't even about saving my own a$$ from lynch, but under the circumstances I feel like it's probably better off for the real cop to speak up right now as opposed to waiting on this, otherwise it's likely to only be an even bigger cluster**** later in the game.

As far as the whole role claim conversation that came up, I wasn't going to get into this because I kind of hate playing this game, but am I the only one that noticed that Jack repeatedly issued warnings about role reveals earlier in the game, even responding to joke "reveals" thrown out there, threatening mod-kills but then didn't have a word to say about JC using his little 8ball BS to circumvent those rules to make a claim? Why would Jack not have an issue with that? Simple, JC's full of crap and Jack didn't take that as being a hint towards him being the cop because he's not the cop.

I'll gladly answer any other questions you guys have, but trust me I realize this situation is completely ****ed. I have no delusions about the fact that even if you guys realize JC is scum and lynch his a$$ there's only so long before I end up dead one way or another, but until then, I'm just trying to keep the scum from pulling off this crap.

BG you make the best point so far about how Jack viewed JC's slight claim. Much better than anything JC has put forward. Unvote BG I need to hear more from Mr JC and also from the mod who really needs to clear some sh*t up here.

I always like voting BG because he's under-the-radar scummy and then has used subtlely conflicting reasoning to get someone lynched, usually me. But that's just voting for BG because he's BG or, in other words, Sharrow's sloppy mafia rationale.

Ok, I'll admit it... I laughed.

I believe Jack said he'd also count fake reveals as reveals if they delve into role ability.

Official Vote Count: Day 2

BG (6) - JC1, Ape, JiF, Sharrow, PAC, Smash

JC (3) - BG, Vic, Verb

JiF (1) - Hess

It takes 8 to lynch

Deadline Wednesday ?????? PM

No coroner report means no nothing. If AVM was still alive then you'd get everything.

How can you not tell us if scum is dead ?? Whats the point ?

We can wifom this until we turn blue.

Maybe JC's the cop. Maybe he's scum trying to get an innocent BG lynched. Maybe he's scum bussing BG in hopes of getting one of them to end game. Etc.

I'm 100% in favor of a counter claim. I said that from the onset. But I think the result of a counter will be everyone's death. Lol! JC, BG, the claimant...

Without any sort of counter, I think he needs to be believed. If he's lying, we're probably completely ****ed anyway. Fortunately, it's just a game. :D

With no autopsy results we should kill both jc and bleedin, i think.. and mass claim..

@mod.. can you give us a random list for name claim order?

If we lynch bleedin, we'll have no clue if JC is legit or not, and it'd be very easy for him to take us for a ride. I'd rather kill them both and no we eliminated 1 scum. Maybe mass reveal picks up another counter claim or two.. And then the rest will be blind luck

While I'd honestly rather not be lynched I'd sure as hell feel a little better about you guys lynching both of our asses then following that clown around at all.

If you are a cop, and know that JC is lying, I thinking you should claim you know he's lying w/out saying your role name

I can say with 100% confidence I know that JC is lying. :-P That said, it's not because I have the role JC claims to.

We can wifom this until we turn blue.

Maybe JC's the cop. Maybe he's scum trying to get an innocent BG lynched. Maybe he's scum bussing BG in hopes of getting one of them to end game. Etc.

I'm 100% in favor of a counter claim. I said that from the onset. But I think the result of a counter will be everyone's death. Lol! JC, BG, the claimant...

Without any sort of counter, I think he needs to be believed. If he's lying, we're probably completely ****ed anyway. Fortunately, it's just a game. :D

I agree with pretty much everything you are saying here Slats.

Anyway, now that I've caught up on all of that crap, I'm at L-2 so reveal time. Hopefully this will also help clear things up further. My character is Chief of Medicine. Given the title, I think it's pretty clear there will be no duplicates of this character title, as there's only one chief of medicine in a hospital, meaning this should be real easy to sniff out if I'm full of crap. So there you have it, I'll try to answer any questions that won't get me MKed.

Based on Jacks comments his game setup thread, I think it's possible we have a pretty vanilla scum team + a symp vs. a pretty roled up town. A watcher or tracker on JC could probably help us determine if he's telling the truth over the course of the game - provided we have those roles.

Those in favor of killing JC - what's your path to victory from there?

Anyway, now that I've caught up on all of that crap, I'm at L-2 so reveal time. Hopefully this will also help clear things up further. My character is Chief of Medicine. Given the title, I think it's pretty clear there will be no duplicates of this character title, as there's only one chief of medicine in a hospital, meaning this should be real easy to sniff out if I'm full of crap. So there you have it, I'll try to answer any questions that won't get me MKed.

This definitely makes it interesting...even after I got my mind straight this morning...I was favoring lynching you. Figured, would scum really let wifom play out and JC keep doing his cop like thing if he's telling the truth? Seems very risky.

What I find interesting about his character reveal is that you jumped on Verb for piggy backing my nurse reveal, yet you are doing the same thing, by piggy backing my reveal with the "Chief" part.

Oh, I don't like any of this... looks like CTM was poking me to make sure whatever I was claiming wasn't "healer"

I gave him what he was looking for leaving the Doc claim out there...

I never said or even hinted that I had "healer" powers. If I had the ability to block a night kill attempt, why would I have first claimed "Nurses Aide" in order to avoid a NK? Your stupidity amazes me sometimes... keep up the vig directing, its pure brilliance. :rolleyes:

Then Slats offers some conjecture... not sure if he was being scummy to support CTM's agenda.

Could be a roleblocker, or a protector/RB combo, too. Obviously he was suggesting that he was indispensable, but he does that when he's roleless. :P

Then BG claims Doc... not the first time he was at L2, but I believe this was the second time he got to L2... and it was Slats that put him there, hmmm...

What does everyone else think about Smash's "outrage" about the setup so far? Hahahaha...

Pretty authentic as far as I can tell. That maniac is always looking for an excuse to froth at the mouth.

Has me leaning town but it wouldn't take much convincing to make me want to put bullet in him and end his misery.

Like I felt your other post was good I think this one is absolute horse sh*t. While I dont know what actual role you have attached to this "Chief Of Medicine" I can tell you that I am a Doctor and Im a damn good one at that. Personally I think this entire post of BG is crap because he claims he had to catch up yet he was posting and had to know long before that he was at L2 yet he makes it sound like he just realized it which gave him time to fish up this fake role.

Vote BG

Pretty authentic as far as I can tell. That maniac is always looking for an excuse to froth at the mouth.

Has me leaning town but it wouldn't take much convincing to make me want to put bullet in him and end his misery.

you can claim Im nuts all you want I have my methods. :P

Oh, I don't like any of this... looks like CTM was poking me to make sure whatever I was claiming wasn't "healer"

I gave him what he was looking for leaving the Doc claim out there...

Then Slats offers some conjecture... not sure if he was being scummy to support CTM's agenda.

Then BG claims Doc... not the first time he was at L2, but I believe this was the second time he got to L2... and it was Slats that put him there, hmmm...

You realize you just did what you are accusing people of doing, right?

Archived