Movies We've Seen Thread

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Salems Lot the book is a hell of a read. Funny story, I've always been a big reader (until recently, tbh. can't get into anything right now) so I ALWAYS had a book in my ruck for down time. We were doing some big, multi-unit exercise at Benning, it was 3rd Brigade 24th ID, TRADOC units, OCS, Rangers, etc. some big simulated "war" for C&C purposes and stuff. Whatever, I was PFC at the time, who cares. Anyway, me and a buddy were put out in an OP at a crossroads with a radio, a bunch of MRE's and told to stand our LP/OP until morning and "radio in any movement". LOL. Better than getting stuck digging fighting positions or some other sh*t...

Anyway, I pull out my book and start reading until it started to get dark, and my friend Jason asked what I was reading so I told him, "Oh, Salems Lot again. It's a good book". And being bored, I told him the story and we started talking about Vampire sh*t. Whatever, right? LOL. Two 20ish year-old grunts with an M-16A2 and an M-203 in the middle of nowhere at night, in the woods, pitch dark. Fine. We walked the area again and while we were doing a security patrol of the perimeter in the area we were set up in, we found a tombstone. And then another one. And then a bunch more... and found the old run-down wooden church that was left there when the Army took the area over for Ft. Benning from whatever small town that used to be there Pre-War. We were set up on the edge of an abandoned graveyard in the middle of the woods. Consecrated ground, so they obviously couldn't disturb it. 

Well, let me tell you, vampire stories and Salems Lot hit a LOT different when you're in the woods at night in an abandoned, creepy AF old cemetery. It was a very long night for two dumbass privates who were fine with talking about vampires and scary sh*t at dusk. Thank God they didn't give us live rounds, because we might have gone full on Sgt. Mac with 'Ol Painless on the woods by 4 am or so. 

Funny now... lol. 

One of the scariest books I’ve read.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Nolder said:

I heard the director made it to be bad on purpose because he hated that people liked the first one or something.

What?  That's dumb.  I dont believe it to be true.  lol  It was a very good movie.  I enjoyed thoroughly, its just also, disappointing IMO.  Dont want to  ruin it for anyone else. 

8 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Did you take some edibles before you saw it?  Asking for a friend.

Duh

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

What?  That's dumb.  I dont believe it to be true.  lol  It was a very good movie.  I enjoyed thoroughly, its just also, disappointing IMO.  Dont want to  ruin it for anyone else. 

Duh

Yeah idk I wish I could remember what I read or watched but it went over interviews with him and stuff. I can’t remember or I’d share it but whatever. Whether a movie was made for X reason or Y reason has little bearing on whether it’s good or not (See: Starship Troopers). I haven’t seen Joker 2 yet so I can’t say one way or another but if you enjoyed it that’s all that matters really.