this lockout is killing me.how about this idea?

ylekram

dont kill me on this.this lockout is killing me and i have too much time on my hands lately.seems every year there is a vast amount of quality but troubled receivers available.the jets landed 2 of them in as many years.dont get me wrong here,i like holmes and edwards.both very talented.but both are troubled.edwards will face some kinda discipline for his dwi.maybe he wont get in trouble again,maybe he will.cleveland seems to think he will.holmes is 1 step away from a year long suspension and it WILL happen sooner or later.mark my words.so why not say **** em.let them both go and let some other team overpay for their services.then pick up burress and moss.

ya,i know all about them.but i know they will come cheap.both have something to prove.burress is a ? being locked up for awhile and moss can definetely still play.deep threat with amazing hands.either throw the ball deep to moss,and trust he will come down with the ball,or dont throw it to him at all.

now this goes against all i beleive in where to pay players and how much.if there is a once in a decade player available,and you can get him,you do it.take the cash saved on receivers and convince nnamdi to sign reasonably.2 10m corner backs?ya.brutal,i know.but think of what that can do for the defense.cro is sounding like he is ready to jet to the highest bidder and he probably wont make alot less the nnamdi anyway.given the choice between cro and nnamdi if the money is close,well,its not even worth thinking about.i can picture revis and nnamdi pranking each other because one of them actually gave up a catch

like i stated earlier,lockout is killing me and i have too much time on my hands

I have two major problems with this idea:

1. You're replacing 2 relatively young (under 30) players who both had, at worst, quality seasons on a pretty poor passing offense that you want to replace with two guys well into their 30s, one who has been out of the league for 2 years and the other who went through 3 different teams last year, and was even worse with each one than he was with the last.

2. The Jets owe Sanchez some consistency in his receiving corps. It's not just about having good WRs, it's having WRs you are comfortable and familiar with, and Sanchez has not had the opportunity to have that. In both of his years in the league Sanchez has seen mid-season changes in his starting WRs, which in both instances have also coincided with a serious decline in his level of play until he's gotten comfortable again later in the season. Just retaining one of Edwards or Holmes to pair with Cotchery would go a long way to giving Sanchez an extra added comfort level, as opposed to handing him two brand new players (in this case, two old washed up ones) and telling him he's got a month to make this work. Sanchez has enough issues on his own, the Jets don't need to be creating new ones for him over and over again.

1. You're replacing 2 relatively young (under 30) players who both had, at worst, quality seasons on a pretty poor passing offense that you want to replace with two guys well into their 30s, one who has been out of the league for 2 years and the other who went through 3 different teams last year, and was even worse with each one than he was with the last.

2. The Jets owe Sanchez some consistency in his receiving corps. It's not just about having good WRs, it's having WRs you are comfortable and familiar with, and Sanchez has not had the opportunity to have that. In both of his years in the league Sanchez has seen mid-season changes in his starting WRs, which in both instances have also coincided with a serious decline in his level of play until he's gotten comfortable again later in the season. Just retaining one of Edwards or Holmes to pair with Cotchery would go a long way to giving Sanchez an extra added comfort level, as opposed to handing him two brand new players (in this case, two old washed up ones) and telling him he's got a month to make this work. Sanchez has enough issues on his own, the Jets don't need to be creating new ones for him over and over again.

i agree.i told you i had too much time on my hands.however,this year sanchez needs to show some growth.he showed some growth last year,but needs to keep growing.sanchez is spoiled for lack of a better word.top 5 draft pick rookie qb's usually dont have the privelage to play for a solid team,great defense,top notch running game and offensive line.he landed the perfect storm.bottom line.he needs to get better.having holmes and edwards back would certainly help.but no matter who sanchez' receivers are,he just flat out needs to be more consistent.i do have questions about burress.2 years is a long time.moss,not so much.when motivated,he is the best deep threat,ever.might be a good thing for marks growth.just chuck it up 50 yards and let moss come down with it.that how the vikings made it to the nfc champs game in 98.chucking it up to moss.the pats did it in 2007 and then seemed to get away from that after.you chuck it up to moss 8 times a game,he gets 2 td's and 120 yards a game.plain and simple.the key word being.motivated

forgot something.in a perfect world,signing holmes or edwards or both definetely would help sanches' comfort level.both are going to be expensive and both are a suspension waiting to happen.doesnt help mark much when they aint playing.just saying.keep in mind,he still has cotch,lt,keller.somewhat comfortable

Hey welcome to the forum. Please improve your writing skills so we can all understand what you have to say. Thanks

Hey, welcome to the forum. Please reduce your dosage of lithium so we all can understand what you have to say. Thanks.

ya,i know all about them.but i know they will come cheap.both have something to prove.burress is a ? being locked up for awhile and moss can definetely still play.deep threat with amazing hands.either throw the ball deep to moss,and trust he will come down with the ball,or dont throw it to him at all.

How many teams was Moss on last year? Rex might think he can get Moss to be a good boy for him, but he'd be foolish to even consider relying on him. And Moss is too psychologically fragile to bring in for anything less than a starring role. Just no thanks.

And Plaxico is probably toast.

I think Plax is going to really help some team. He's never taken the beating that, say, a Cotchery has, plus he's still going to be bigger and more physical than most corners covering him. Add to it, fresh legs and possibly a new perspective on life and you might have a relatively cheap 50 catch, 8 TD receiver on the roster.

I think Plax is going to really help some team. He's never taken the beating that, say, a Cotchery has, plus he's still going to be bigger and more physical than most corners covering him. Add to it, fresh legs and possibly a new perspective on life and you might have a relatively cheap 50 catch, 8 TD receiver on the roster.

Agreed and repped. :D

How many teams was Moss on last year? Rex might think he can get Moss to be a good boy for him, but he'd be foolish to even consider relying on him. And Moss is too psychologically fragile to bring in for anything less than a starring role. Just no thanks.

i think moss was hit with a sucker punch after being traded from the pats.lingered thuout the rest of the season.i think you will see a motivated moss in 2011.but i have been wrong before

i think moss was hit with a sucker punch after being traded from the pats.lingered thuout the rest of the season.i think you will see a motivated moss in 2011.but i have been wrong before

Moss is lazy and thinks showing up gets the job done. I will say he can stretch the field.

Moss is lazy and thinks showing up gets the job done. I will say he can stretch the field.

can be.but throw moss 8 deep balls a game and i beleive the laziness goes away.moss had his best year ever deep balls throw 2007.pats got more into the short game after and his affectiveness declined.moss is a one trick pony,but feed him and he produces unlike any other

Archived