JOESPH TO TEXANSSSSSSS!!!!

bLguerriero1

Jets are probably looking to get him for a similar this year friendly deal to the one Holmes took, while a team like the Bucs could hand him big money + a big salary up front.

Te bucs are over $50 mil under the cap. They can throw $20 mil a year at him and it would not hurt them. That would be pretty difficult to turn down IMO

Te bucs are over $50 mil under the cap. They can throw $20 mil a year at him and it would not hurt them. That would be pretty difficult to turn down IMO

The Glazers cant afford that with their financial problems.

You think them being so far under the cap is a coincidence?

That plus the no state sales tax thing. Bucs are an up & comer, too. I think if they're serious, it's up to them.

That plus the no state sales tax thing. Bucs are an up & comer, too. I think if they're serious, it's up to them.

That could be a factor. But with them being a cover 2 the team is a bad fit for him. But a lot of money will cure that.

That could be a factor. But with them being a cover 2 the team is a bad fit for him. But a lot of money will cure that.

Are they still? Tony Dungy was a long time ago. Doesn't make a lot of sense to even go after the guy if you plan to play a ton of zone.

The Glazers cant afford that with their financial problems.

You think them being so far under the cap is a coincidence?

Don't they HAVE to spend like 95% of the cap or something now? I thought I heard that. If so they would NEED to spend the money. Why not spend it one a top 2-3 CB in the whole league?

Don't they HAVE to spend like 95% of the cap or something now? I thought I heard that. If so they would NEED to spend the money. Why not spend it one a top 2-3 CB in the whole league?

Hey, Im not saying they shouldnt go after him. They should. I just dont know if they have the financial wherewithal to do it.

Are they still? Tony Dungy was a long time ago. Doesn't make a lot of sense to even go after the guy if you plan to play a ton of zone.

Raheem Moris is a Dungy disciple. So, yeah, theyre still a Tampa 2.

BTW, only the media have claimed the Bucs are in it. Note that we havent heard anything from them about Nnamdi.

I thought so too, but now I'm not so sure. You know how much cap space the Bills have? Yet who have they pursued... Brad Smith? That's it?

Hey, Im not saying they shouldnt go after him. They should. I just dont know if they have the financial wherewithal to do it.

My capitals are like italics. I'm not yelling or anything just so ya know. I hear ya, but it they are being forced to spend it, that's pretty cut and dry. Either way, I just hope we know within the next few hours or so. I would hate to see the Jets lose some other guys of value and then not get Aso either.. Suck that would

I think the number is 89%, but yeah, pretty sure the floor's been raised significantly. It's possible that's phased in, though... Not 100% sure. Obviously.

I think the number is 89%, but yeah, pretty sure the floor's been raised significantly. It's possible that's phased in, though... Not 100% sure. Obviously.

Phased in.. yeah that would make sense. It's a pretty tall order to make teams make that huge of a leap in one season. That would actually make more sense I think. Either way, the Bucs have a ton of cash right now.

I can't imagine being 60 mil under the cap. thats friggin nuts

Green, theyre that much under the cap because of financial problems

I understand that. So was there an exception written into the CBA that the financially troubled bucs don't have to pay the 89% of the cap or something? I admittedly am not sure about cap numbers and all that, but it was my understanding that they had to spend the money. That's all.

Quick follow up on an issue we discussed:

Clayton just tweeted that the baseline cap of 89% doesn't go into effect until 2013. That's how the Bucs don't have to spend their cap space.

Quick follow up on an issue we discussed:

Clayton just tweeted that the baseline cap of 89% doesn't go into effect until 2013. That's how the Bucs don't have to spend their cap space.

Why did they offer $19.5 million to a punter?

Archived