Today is a New day (Cullen Jenkins Please)

Lupz27

Think its time for the Jets and Rex to remember where football games are won, in the trenches. They obviously know this on the O side and Im sure they know it on the D side to, but now it's time to add that one big piece we need on that side of the ball, plus a couple of other moves to round out the rest of the roster.

I'm hoping Cullen Jenkins is now our next priority, with BE, and either Carr, and or, Buchanon.

Jenkins will dominate in Rex's system think a poor mans Ngata, that would give us a D-line rotation of Jenkins, Wilkerson, Devito, K. Ellis, Dixon, Pitiotua, and Pouha, that makes the DL a big strength not a weakness, no one will be able to run the rock on us and they will open up bigger holes for Rex's blitzes, and then we just cross our fingers, Wilson is not an embarassment at CB 2, and Carr is an excellent slot.

With getting BE back we will be bringing most of our offensive talent back outside of B. Smith, who was a luxury not a WR, so I don't think its that big of a deal, and Sanchez takes the next step in his development, and its another great Jets season.

Just my musings, and opinion of what I would like to see the Jets do now that the big fish broke the line (Im very happy he did by the way).

Do you really think this happens with Wilkerson and Ellis drafted and needs at other positions ? Pouha is a damn Solid NT no way we sign Jenkins we need a RCB and another back up CB you know Rex likes to keep a full stable of CB's and we already have a lot of DL

Do you really think this happens with Wilkerson and Ellis drafted and needs at other positions ? Pouha is a damn Solid NT no way we sign Jenkins we need a RCB and another back up CB you know Rex likes to keep a full stable of CB's and we already have a lot of DL

I do not disagree that Pouha is solid, but he is not a difference maker, is over 30 years of age, plays a completely different position then Jenkins, and there was no offseason to get these rookies up to speed.

Plus imagine in 2-3 years of a beastly D-line of Wilkerson, and Jenkins at DE, and K. Ellis in the middle, it will remind you of the Pats D-line with Seynour, and Wilfat.

Also someone NEEDS to replace S. Ellis, not just talent wise, but veteran savy/leadership.

Manish just tweeted that Braylon will not be back

Yup I saw that, all of a sudden the Jets are crying poverty, where did all the money go that was gonna pay Aso? Something is in the works either James Jones, or Cullen Jenkins, or perhaps one of the available CB's like Nate Clements or maybe even a trade.

Guest Jpf4671

Yup I saw that, all of a sudden the Jets are crying poverty, where did all the money go that was gonna pay Aso? Something is in the works either James Jones, or Cullen Jenkins, or perhaps one of the available CB's like Nate Clements or maybe even a trade.

Has to be something coming right? Like you said all of the sudden Mannish is saying they want to keep Poole and Braylon but can't afford either? WTF

I do not disagree that Pouha is solid, but he is not a difference maker, is over 30 years of age, plays a completely different position then Jenkins, and there was no offseason to get these rookies up to speed.

Plus imagine in 2-3 years of a beastly D-line of Wilkerson, and Jenkins at DE, and K. Ellis in the middle, it will remind you of the Pats D-line with Seynour, and Wilfat.

Also someone NEEDS to replace S. Ellis, not just talent wise, but veteran savy/leadership.

You said poor mans Ngata who weighs 350 and plays NT . I though you were going that direction for Jenkins (DE) Either way in Rex's system DL is a thankless job occupy blockers let the LB's and Safetys make the plays we have enough big bodies to do that now and its not a very hard position to teach comparitively

While it's a "sexy" pickup, I agree with Smashmouth on this one. If we ick up a DT it's probably going to be more of a depth player. Not someone who commands big $

You said poor mans Ngata who weighs 350 and plays NT . I though you were going that direction for Jenkins (DE) Either way in Rex's system DL is a thankless job occupy blockers let the LB's and Safetys make the plays we have enough big bodies to do that now and its not a very hard position to teach comparitively

Actually Ngata plays more DE than NT, that was Greggs job for the most part, the fact that he is not 350 is why I said poor man's Ngata which is pretty ******* good.

While it's a "sexy" pickup, I agree with Smashmouth on this one. If we ick up a DT it's probably going to be more of a depth player. Not someone who commands big $

He is not DT he is one of the BEST pass rushing 3-4 DE's in the league, I agree with the big money part and so does the rest of the league apparently cause if the scheme of the 3-4 but we need someone who could get after the QB

Actually Ngata plays more DE than NT, that was Greggs job for the most part, the fact that he is not 350 is why I said poor man's Ngata which is pretty ******* good.

yeah the Ravens still employ alot of rex's schemes which means players do move around.

I am going to straight up lose my mind if we don't do SOMETHING important today. Definition of SOMETHING important: sign Braylon/similar type receiver, OR sign Cro/similiar type DB, OR sign at least a few mid-lower level guys like a solid TE, decent pass rushing OLB, nickel corner, #3 receiver.

I am going to straight up lose my mind if we don't do SOMETHING important today. Definition of SOMETHING important: sign Braylon/similar type receiver, OR sign Cro/similiar type DB, OR sign at least a few mid-lower level guys like a solid TE, decent pass rushing OLB, nickel corner, #3 receiver.

I agree something has to get done today, and I think it will, just don't know if its gonna be something we all like.

Also I've heard TJ Whosyourmama (championship) been rumored to the Jets, not sure I would be a fan of that.

He sucks. I would be VERY unhappy with that move. Just bring BE back man! This i getting stupid already.

He is not DT he is one of the BEST pass rushing 3-4 DE's in the league, I agree with the big money part and so does the rest of the league apparently cause if the scheme of the 3-4 but we need someone who could get after the QB

My bad, (it's early lol) but my point is still the same. I really feel like after drafting two DL this year, spending big money on another one is not going to happen. Especially when we had the no name crew we;ve had over the past two years really do a solid, yet unspectacular job for us.

With the guys on our roster right now, and these types of vets available... there's no real reason to overpay for Cullen Jenkins.

Vets + developing our draft picks = right way to deal with our D-line right now.

Spend money on the secondary - we need 2 CBs and a safety.

With the guys on our roster right now, and these types of vets available... there's no real reason to overpay for Cullen Jenkins.

Vets + developing our draft picks = right way to deal with our D-line right now.

Spend money on the secondary - we need 2 CBs and a safety.

Where did I say overpay, if he is to expensive fine, but if he can be had reasonably I think you need to do it. The rookies are no guarantee, Rex's system is complex no offseason training, if they can't be trusted week 1 and we get another Ropati type injury in the end of preseason now what do we have nothing.

Where did I say overpay, if he is to expensive fine, but if he can be had reasonably I think you need to do it. The rookies are no guarantee, Rex's system is complex no offseason training, if they can't be trusted week 1 and we get another Ropati type injury in the end of preseason now what do we have nothing.

Lighten up - I never said you suggested overpaying. Its a given that someone is going to overpay for him. Look at the contracts that have been signed all week. Everyone got overpaid.

As for the injury concern... Ropati and Jenkins both got hurt right away last year, so what your suggesting has already happened and frankly that unit played better by season's end. Add Wilk and Kenrick to an already competent unit and to me, its not where we should be focused. The DL is good.

Our secondary is filled with holes right now.

Lighten up - I never said you suggested overpaying. Its a given that someone is going to overpay for him. Look at the contracts that have been signed all week. Everyone got overpaid.

As for the injury concern... Ropati and Jenkins both got hurt right away last year, so what your suggesting has already happened and frankly that unit played better by season's end. Add Wilk and Kenrick to an already competent unit and to me, its not where we should be focused. The DL is good.

Our secondary is filled with holes right now.

Last year we had Sean Ellis you can't count on rookies on DL outside of Suh last year they dont make immediate impacts, it's almost like there red shirted year 1.

If Ellis comes back fine but a veteran DE is a HUGE need even if just for 1 year.

Last year we had Sean Ellis you can't count on rookies on DL outside of Suh last year they dont make immediate impacts, it's almost like there red shirted year 1.

If Ellis comes back fine but a veteran DE is a HUGE need even if just for 1 year.

That is why I said veterans (like Ellis, Gregg, Warren) + develop our rooks = the right way to handle the DLine.

Its not a place we need to spend big money and Cullen will cost big money.

Archived