When it's all said and done ... Better or Worse?

JoeWillie

We lost out on Nnamdi ... something I wasn't a big fan of doing anyway. That pursuit may have cost us 'Cro, who in my mind was the second best corner on the market and a great fit for the Jets man scheme. At the very least, it's probably made him more expensive than he may have been if we had just gone after him first.

We've lost a very versatile player in Brad Smith who, let's not forget, made ALOT of big plays for us last year, both on Special teams and on Offense.

We've lost Coleman and probably Poole from what I've read.

We apparently have no interest in resigning Edwards, who also made alot of big plays for us last year, so our young QB will be down a big weapon on the outside and the team loses a very good blocker on the edge.

We've lost our starting RT (Woody). We've replaced him with a backup from last year (Ducasse or Hunter).

LT is a year older. Can we count on him to have the impact he had last year, especailly early on?

Leonard is coming back off a bad injury.

We've lost our punter.

We've resigned Holmes which was good.

Hopefully we get some production from the draft, but let's face it, those guys are unknowns.

The way I see it, we're down a very good WR, and potentially 3 DB's, one of which was critical to what Rex does on D.

Tanny really has to bust his hump over the next week just to get back where we were personnel wise, and the options are dwindling with each hour that passes.

Will we be better of worse than last year, personnel wise, when it's all said and done?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are way worse than the team that got beat by the Steelers last January. Eric SMith is our starting safety!!!! We have 1 good WR instead of the two we had. I have no ****in' clue what Rex & Tanny are doing right now. Plaxico Burress? Youve got to be ****in' kidding me.

This.

The Jets don't even have a full roster. Games start in September... the reaction from the small few fans that are whining in every thread is pathetic.

Nobody's whining.

The question is "Do you think they will be better off than they were last year, personnel wise, when the games start?

By your answer, I gather you think they will be?

Nobody's whining.

The question is "Do you think they will be better off than they were last year, personnel wise, when the games start?

By your answer, I gather you think they will be?

Haha... maybe your not whining, but read the rest of the board.

When the games start - I expect the whole to be greater than the sum of the parts. I expect that 75% of last years team will be back, and be better. Most importantly I expect Sanchez to be better, which in turn makes the team better.

The key thing is that I expect them to have a team that can hold up over the course of the season, deal with adversity and keep their eyes on the prize.

Haha... maybe your not whining, but read the rest of the board.

When the games start - I expect the whole to be greater than the sum of the parts. I expect that 75% of last years team will be back, and be better. Most importantly I expect Sanchez to be better, which in turn makes the team better.

The key thing is that I expect them to have a team that can hold up over the course of the season, deal with adversity and keep their eyes on the prize.

I agree with you that Sanchez will be better.

I'm also a big Tanny supporter, have always been ... think he's one of the best GM's in the league, so I have confidence that he'll do what's necessary.

Tough to see Plan B right now, but as you said, that doesn't mean there isn't one.

Would like to see Edwards and 'Cro back though.

Hey Op teams that we compete closely with have gotten better, much better, while we still have holes to fill. If you think we can beat any of the elite defenses in this conference with our offense your out of your mind.

I hate to be saying this sh*t I really do but as of this moment its the way I feel. Maybe we make some good moves in the comming days but if we have to sign Cro for 9 or 10 Mil per we are done and Im sure thats the direction we are leaning. We needed to improve on our offense of last year and give Mark more weapons, instead we refuse to sign one of our Best players (Braylon) and our RT is gone and people dont see a problem with this ? Do you know how thin we are at OL and WR ? Do you realize were banking on LT to be our recieving threat out of the backfield ? Do you trust Mcknight ? Hope the Powell kid works out. Our offense is also run by a borderline idiot so that does not help matters. But all seems ok right ?

Hey Op teams that we compete closely with have gotten better, much better, while we still have holes to fill. If you think we can beat any of the elite defenses in this conference with our offense your out of your mind.

I hate to be saying this sh*t I really do but as of this moment its the way I feel. Maybe we make some good moves in the comming days but if we have to sign Cro for 9 or 10 Mil per we are done and Im sure thats the direction we are leaning. We needed to improve on our offense of last year and give Mark more weapons, instead we refuse to sign one of our Best players (Braylon) and our RT is gone and people dont see a problem with this ? Do you know how thin we are at OL and WR ? Do you realize were banking on LT to be our recieving threat out of the backfield ? Do you trust Mcknight ? Hope the Powell kid works out. Our offense is also run by a borderline idiot so that does not help matters. But all seems ok right ?

You've made your point. You refuse to look forward, only back.

We lost one player on offense and the world has ended.

You've made your point. You refuse to look forward, only back.

We lost one player on offense and the world has ended.

We lost Woody and Braylon ....we were supposed to improve Like I said before who is our target in the red zone ?? Dustin Houdini ? Our incompetent OC could not figure out how to get the freakin ball in the endzone last year so now with less players and our big target most likely in Miami whats your suggestion ? Sign another 5 -9 WR ? or one of the old men ? Oh wait i forgot about the 5th rounders and the UDFA's damn WTF was i thinking

I happen to like patrick turner you think Shotty going to give him a shot ?

We lost Woody and Braylon ....we were supposed to improve Like I said before who is our target in the red zone ?? Dustin Houdini ? Our incompetent OC could not figure out how to get the freakin ball in the endzone last year so now with less players and our big target most likely in Miami whats your suggestion ? Sign another 5 -9 WR ? or one of the old men ? Oh wait i forgot about the 5th rounders and the UDFA's damn WTF was i thinking

Wow. I thought you were much smarter and rational than this.

Maybe you forgot that they had an absurd amount of unrestricted free agents to deal with? Many of whom they have no choice but to watch leave, because they also have a salary cap that they are not too far under. Any fan of this team that didn't expect them to lose some players is delusional. Any fan of this team that expects them to have have resolved all the problems created by all those free agents in under a week of free agency is delusional.

The desire to see them "get better" is pretty subjective in July. Why don't you pump the brakes on the hysterics until at least teh 3rd preseason game?

Wow. I thought you were much smarter and rational than this.

Maybe you forgot that they had an absurd amount of unrestricted free agents to deal with? Many of whom they have no choice but to watch leave, because they also have a salary cap that they are not too far under. Any fan of this team that didn't expect them to lose some players is delusional. Any fan of this team that expects them to have have resolved all the problems created by all those free agents in under a week of free agency is delusional.

The desire to see them "get better" is pretty subjective in July. Why don't you pump the brakes on the hysterics until at least teh 3rd preseason game?

I agree but THEY caused this when they started restructuring everyone to throw boat loads of money at a guy that wasn't even a necessity in the first place.

And now almost 24 hrs later still no sign of any moves...that shows all eggs in one basket. When all is said and done we'll know whether or not that was truly the case. I do have faith in Mike T but i also think he ****ed up a bit.

I agree but THEY caused this when they started restructuring everyone to throw boat loads of money at a guy that wasn't even a necessity in the first place.

You know what, if they hadn't made a play for Aso - fans would have killed them for it. Their only mistake was taking Aso at his word, when he said he wanted to be a Jet. The front office is not to blame, Aso said if the money was right - he'd want to be a Jet. We offered him more money, and he went to Philly.

I hope he gets exposed as being nowhere near as good as we think he is - and never wins a thing.

Our front office did the right thing in entertaining the opportunity - the fact that the rest of the holes on the team aren't plugged is not as big a deal as the fans are making it out to be. Honestly.

Thank You.

Look at the Saints OP wonder how they do it.

Look at the Eagles OP wonder how they do it.

Look at the Fins OP wonder how they do it.

Then theres the teams that are failing hard Vikings Jets.

maybe it was the accellerated FA period that killed us. No plan B and plan A sucked a$$

You know what, if they hadn't made a play for Aso - fans would have killed them for it. Their only mistake was taking Aso at his word, when he said he wanted to be a Jet. The front office is not to blame, Aso said if the money was right - he'd want to be a Jet. We offered him more money, and he went to Philly.

I hope he gets exposed as being nowhere near as good as we think he is - and never wins a thing.

Our front office did the right thing in entertaining the opportunity - the fact that the rest of the holes on the team aren't plugged is not as big a deal as the fans are making it out to be. Honestly.

Im with you man but they just went at him way to hard and way to publicly. I still think we have an awesome team but the WR situation is a little scary. I think Sanchez is gonna get even better this year but im not gonna lie it would be nice to have a receiver over 6' tall.

And now almost 24 hrs later still no sign of any moves...that shows all eggs in one basket. When all is said and done we'll know whether or not that was truly the case. I do have faith in Mike T but i also think he ****ed up a bit.

News on Aso broke last night, late. Its 3PM on Saturday. So far today they have signed their 1st round draft pick, and Donald Strickland.

Other things being reported have him meeting with Phillip Buchanan and Plaxico... how many people do you think they can meet with at once, given that the west coast time zones have to be accounted for for some players... and its only 6 hours into a typical business day for?

Sheesh... no offense guy, but the impatience and expectations without consideration to how long it takes to set up meetings and conduct them... its just plain stupid.

Don't blame the FO for your own inability to go 3 minutes without refreshing a web page and pitching a fit because there's no new Jets updates.

Im with you man but they just went at him way to hard and way to publicly. I still think we have an awesome team but the WR situation is a little scary. I think Sanchez is gonna get even better this year but im not gonna lie it would be nice to have a receiver over 6' tall.

Exactly and what about a legit starting CB to play opposite Revis?

News on Aso broke last night, late. Its 3PM on Saturday. So far today they have signed their 1st round draft pick, and Donald Strickland.

Other things being reported have him meeting with Phillip Buchanan and Plaxico... how many people do you think they can meet with at once, given that the west coast time zones have to be accounted for for some players... and its only 6 hours into a typical business day for?

Sheesh... no offense guy, but the impatience and expectations without consideration to how long it takes to set up meetings and conduct them... its just plain stupid.

Don't blame the FO for your own inability to go 3 minutes without refreshing a web page and pitching a fit because there's no new Jets updates.

Jets camp starts TOMORROW. When is it time to panic a little? The lack of concern for the offense by our front office is terrifying man.

BULLsh*t not one damn fan here expected them to go for Aso until the rumors started then some jumped on board..... and you know it. Most here knew we had issues to address and never looked in the direction of Aso.

Your taking this stance it seems just to hav something to argue about instead of looking at the facts. We could have extended players like Brad Smith on the cheap last year and did not BTW I forgot to mention him In the players lost and while he was worthless as a WR he was a ST demon we will sorely miss, he gave our ST an identity and teams feared him. Now what ? 5th rounders ?

BULLsh*t not one damn fan here expected them to go for Aso until the rumors started then some jumped on board..... and you know it. Most here knew we had issues to address and never looked in the direction of Aso.

Your taking this stance it seems just to hav something to argue about instead of looking at the facts. We could have extended players like Brad Smith on the cheap last year and did not BTW I forgot to mention him In the players lost and while he was worthless as a WR he was a ST demon we will sorely miss, he gave our ST an identity and teams feared him. Now what ? 5th rounders ?

Smashmouth for the knockout.

Look I love the optimism, I really do, and Im not totally down on this season but they went a strange direction this free agency. What were our biggest issues? Scoring (at times) and Pass rush. Have the Jets done ANYTHING to help in either of those 2 parts of their game? Not yet they havent. Lets see what they can do, im optimistic too but they gotta get a move on!

Look I love the optimism, I really do, and Im not totally down on this season but they went a strange direction this free agency. What were our biggest issues? Scoring (at times) and Pass rush. Have the Jets done ANYTHING to help in either of those 2 parts of their game? Not yet they havent. Lets see what they can do, im optimistic too but they gotta get a move on!

2 good points.......who replaced B.Smith,Cro,Braylon and even Kellen Clemens.

I expected them to call his agent and ask how much he wanted. Its Tannebaum, that's how he rolls.

I actually have been trying NOT to argue with you dummy - and don't try to spin you Smash-centric take on the situation as fact - you are carrying on like a lunatic. Compose yourself, you are being silly. For example: Brad Smith, the "demon" that we will sorely miss, was a 4th rounder... so I don't understand why he can't be replaced by a 5th rounder. Sometimes you gotta let players go... its the nature of the game.

2 good points.......who replaced B.Smith,Cro,Braylon and even Kellen Clemens.

Exactly! I mean for ****s sake we lost a game 9-0 and 10-9 last year! Yet there is ZERO focus on the offense and we're going after another CB where we had almost NO issue last year? Explain that to me.

Smashmouth for the knockout.

This is the dumbest Smashmouth has ever come across to me. I respect him, but he's outside himself right now... it is no surprise to me that in your small brain you think he is actually making sense.

This is the dumbest Smashmouth has ever come across to me. I respect him, but he's outside himself right now... it is no surprise to me that in your small brain you think he is actually making sense.

Again you feel the need to attack. Its ok im ok with it, its who you are and how you post. Carry on.

I expected them to call his agent and ask how much he wanted. Its Tannebaum, that's how he rolls.

I actually have been trying NOT to argue with you dummy - and don't try to spin you Smash-centric take on the situation as fact - you are carrying on like a lunatic. Compose yourself, you are being silly. For example: Brad Smith, the "demon" that we will sorely miss, was a 4th rounder... so I don't understand why he can't be replaced by a 5th rounder. Sometimes you gotta let players go... its the nature of the game.

Yes that is definitely a part of the game but when you let those players go, ones that were important to your team, you must then replace them. Thats what I have an issue with, they havent done anything to replace and bolster the parts of their games where they had issues.

Im as positive of a guy as any I just need to see something that tells me theyre gonna help the offense and replace things we lost.

OP no need to attach a Draft number to a player who has been in the league for years. Brad Smith will be very difficult to replace. It was easy for us to let go of Leon because we had Brad and knew he could return kicks and cover them as well. he is one of the best ST players in the entire league and now hes gone believe it or not St is a phase of the game a very important feild position part of the game and for that Brad Smith deserved a decent contract. I really didnt give a damn about the wild cat but the funny thing is he had some huge plays in the plays offs running that offense as well. Sorry OP Im not happy how this is going down but im not going to sit here and pretend to be happy 40 years of bullsh*t is enough for me this team is on the brink and now were going backwards and it pisses me off

OP no need to attach a Draft number to a player who has been in the league for years. Brad Smith will be very difficult to replace. It was easy for us to let go of Leon because we had Brad and knew he could return kicks and cover them as well. he is one of the best ST players in the entire league and now hes gone believe it or not St is a phase of the game a very important feild position part of the game and for that Brad Smith deserved a decent contract. I really didnt give a damn about the wild cat but the funny thing is he had some huge plays in the plays offs running that offense as well. Sorry OP Im not happy how this is going down but im not going to sit here and pretend to be happy 40 years of bullsh*t is enough for me this team is on the brink and now were going backwards and it pisses me off

Im with you. Talk is cheap its whats done on Sundays that counts. I want to go to battle with the best team possible, not a bunch of "what ifs"

Archived