When it's all said and done ... Better or Worse?

JoeWillie

OP no need to attach a Draft number to a player who has been in the league for years. Brad Smith will be very difficult to replace. It was easy for us to let go of Leon because we had Brad and knew he could return kicks and cover them as well. he is one of the best ST players in the entire league and now hes gone believe it or not St is a phase of the game a very important feild position part of the game and for that Brad Smith deserved a decent contract. I really didnt give a damn about the wild cat but the funny thing is he had some huge plays in the plays offs running that offense as well. Sorry OP Im not happy how this is going down but im not going to sit here and pretend to be happy 40 years of bullsh*t is enough for me this team is on the brink and now were going backwards and it pisses me off

My point was that we found Brad Smith, a demon, in the 4th round. We can find another demon in the 5th round.

Anyway whatever... I'm done... can't get through to you, because you want to be miserable. Enjoy yourself, when you realize that the only people who agree with your rantings and ravings are visa and sh4dy, maybe then you'll stop to catch your breathe and re-introduce yourself to rational thought.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point was that we found Brad Smith, a demon, in the 4th round. We can find another demon in the 5th round.

Anyway whatever... I'm done... can't get through to you, because you want to be miserable. Enjoy yourself, when you realize that the only people who agree with your rantings and ravings are visa and sh4dy, maybe then you'll stop to catch your breathe and re-introduce yourself to rational thought.

OP just answer one question for me...what have the Jets done in your eyes, SO FAR, to help the 2 weak points of our game?

1. The offense

2. Pass Rush

Im honestly asking you...maybe Im missing something?

And if there is nothing dont you think that that should have been their MAIN focus?

This is true.

However, it would have been nice to go into the season with some strategy other than hoping to get lucky on a 5th round draft pick.

Oh well.

This is true.

However, it would have been nice to go into the season with some strategy other than hoping to get lucky on a 5th round draft pick.

Oh well.

Oh my God... do you really think the Jets are that hard-pressed to find guys that can play special teams? Really? REALLY?

OP Im not sure what your trying to convince me of. This offense already has to Replace a 6-3 WR who made huge plays for us in the playoffs last year a right tackle and A KR who can give us All important Field position after an opposing score and thats just to get on the same level as last year with nothing really added for improvement other than 3 late round picks. Do you not see this ?

All dependent on Sanchez.

See this is where it is going to get annoying because if the WR's we have right now at this moment are all we go into season with then I'm sorry but this is not all on Sanchez at all. They ****ed him.

Oh my God... do you really think the Jets are that hard-pressed to find guys that can play special teams? Really? REALLY?

Problem is rosters really dont allow that much flexibility to carry 11 guys that just play special teams. Out of your opening day starting roster who plays special teams?

See this is where it is going to get annoying because if the WR's we have right now at this moment are all we go into season with then I'm sorry but this is not all on Sanchez at all. They ****ed him.

I see histroy repeating itself

OP just answer one question for me...what have the Jets done in your eyes, SO FAR, to help the 2 weak points of our game?

1. The offense

2. Pass Rush

Im honestly asking you...maybe Im missing something?

And if there is nothing dont you think that that should have been their MAIN focus?

Off the top of my head...

Offense:

They signed Santonio Holmes. They re-signed the offensive linemen they could. Drafted 2 WRs. Brought in Tom Moore as a consultant. Drafted another RB. Promoted Shonn Greene.

Pass Rush:

They drafted a DE and a massive DT that will hopefully free-up our LBs. I'd like to see them add a situational pass-rusher, but you can't add what isn't there to be had.

I think the main focus should have been WR and CB, which is how they handled it. They went after the top guy at each position... and were 1/2. Now they are letting the dust settle. There are a lot of BLOATED contracts being handed out by desperate teams. Jets are not desperate. Their time to strike will be with the 2nd wave of free agents that demand a more modest price, a price that doesn't put us in salary cap trouble.

Holmes and Aso were the only players worth over-spending on. Now it becomes a waiting game. Majority of teams are in the same boat. There's a ton of FA's yet to be signed... it'll all work out.

This panic over the last day has been absurd.

I see histroy repeating itself

If and this is a big IF this is all we go into year with on offense I am absolutely dreading the Sanchez hate that is going to be coming because having only 1 true big time WR is not good enough. And all that Sanchez hate will be totally unwarranted this will ALL lay on front office and their lack of concern for offense and our young QB.

Problem is rosters really dont allow that much flexibility to carry 11 guys that just play special teams. Out of your opening day starting roster who plays special teams?

I'll defer back to my comment about worrying about it after the 3rd preseason game. Worry about who the special teamers are right now, in July, is ridiculous. RIDICULOUS.

Bullsh*t

This guy was the 5th overall pick in the draft. I've defended him and supported him more than anyone, but now is the time to step up. Holmes and Cotchery are very good WR's, those two alone are better than a lot of WR core's in the NFL. If he plays like the player he was supposed to be, we will be a better team than last season. He's still in a far better situation that 75% of the QB's in this league.

Off the top of my head...

Offense:

They signed Santonio Holmes. They re-signed the offensive linemen they could. Drafted 2 WRs. Brought in Tom Moore as a consultant. Drafted another RB. Promoted Shonn Greene.

Pass Rush:

They drafted a DE and a massive DT that will hopefully free-up our LBs. I'd like to see them add a situational pass-rusher, but you can't add what isn't there to be had.

I think the main focus should have been WR and CB, which is how they handled it. They went after the top guy at each position... and were 1/2. Now they are letting the dust settle. There are a lot of BLOATED contracts being handed out by desperate teams. Jets are not desperate. Their time to strike will be with the 2nd wave of free agents that demand a more modest price, a price that doesn't put us in salary cap trouble.

Holmes and Aso were the only players worth over-spending on. Now it becomes a waiting game. Majority of teams are in the same boat. There's a ton of FA's yet to be signed... it'll all work out.

This panic over the last day has been absurd.

Woah Woah I Said IMPROVE not keep the same! Thats great they kept Santonio but they didnt gain a single thing on offense.

I'll defer back to my comment about worrying about it after the 3rd preseason game. Worry about who the special teamers are right now, in July, is ridiculous. RIDICULOUS.

I figured you wouldnt be able to answer the question. Its not ridiculous when you are building to win a Super Bowl.

OP Im not sure what your trying to convince me of. This offense already has to Replace a 6-3 WR who made huge plays for us in the playoffs last year a right tackle and A KR who can give us All important Field position after an opposing score and thats just to get on the same level as last year with nothing really added for improvement other than 3 late round picks. Do you not see this ?

Their production will be replaced. I'm not worried about it - I'm trying to convince you to stop posting like a know-nothing calamity fan. You know this game, your a smart guy (I think?) and you are being egged on to keep fretting and arguing over this with me by visa. Do you not see him cheering you on, while you make yourself look like a loon?

Bullsh*t

This guy was the 5th overall pick in the draft. I've defended him and supported him more than anyone, but now is the time to step up. Holmes and Cotchery are very good WR's, those two alone are better than a lot of WR core's in the NFL. If he plays like the player he was supposed to be, we will be a better team than last season. He's still in a far better situation that 75% of the QB's in this league.

LMAO Really?? Ok. I couldnt disagree more.

When I started this thread, I didn't mean for it to turn into another "bitching and moaning" session about the current state of where the Jets are at and the lack of FA moves.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that, AS OF RIGHT NOW, we are weaker personnel wise than we were last year. I think even OP would admit that.

The original question was how many of you thought we would be better off or worse off WHEN THE SEASON STARTED.

I've been one of Tanny's biggest supporters, but even I must admit that it's going to be very tough for him to improve our personnel over last year given the current personnel status, most of the big name FA's signed, and the near proximity to the start of the season.

At this point, it's tough for me to see Plan B improving upon where we were last year with regards to personnel, but that doesn't mean there isn't one or that it won't.

I do hope I'm wrong, but the reality is that one day away from training camp, we are significantly weaker (in my opinion) on offense, defense and special teams and you don't need to watch 3 meaningless preseason games to figure that out.

Their production will be replaced. I'm not worried about it - I'm trying to convince you to stop posting like a know-nothing calamity fan. You know this game, your a smart guy (I think?) and you are being egged on to keep fretting and arguing over this with me by visa. Do you not see him cheering you on, while you make yourself look like a loon?

His opinions and his feelings do not make him look like a loon, and FYI im not cheering him on im agreeing with him. We see football and the NYJETS through an entirely different set of beer goggles than you do. :cheers:

Woah Woah I Said IMPROVE not keep the same! Thats great they kept Santonio but they didnt gain a single thing on offense.

This is incredibly ignorant. Players progress, players decline. It's ridiculous to think that if we went into next year with the EXACT same roster, we'd be the same team. We wouldn't.

It's impossible to measure right now how much we've improved or gotten worse, simply because we don't know how much better certain players will be or how much worse players will be, this also applies to the competition who also don't look outrageously better than last season.

When I started this thread, I didn't mean for it to turn into another "bitching and moaning" session about the current state of where the Jets are at and the lack of FA moves.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that, AS OF RIGHT NOW, we are weaker personnel wise than we were last year. I think even OP would admit that.

The original question was how many of you thought we would be better off or worse off WHEN THE SEASON STARTED.

I've been one of Tanny's biggest supporters, but even I must admit that it's going to be very tough for him to improve our personnel over last year given the current personnel status, most of the big name FA's signed, and the near proximity to the start of the season.

At this point, it's tough for me to see Plan B improving upon where we were last year with regards to personnel, but that doesn't mean there isn't one or that it won't.

I do hope I'm wrong.

Despite my arguing with OP I have faith that when all is said and done, we will be better! However, if no other moves are made on offense my answer is worse, way worse.

3 draft picks - Tom Moore - and like I've been saying, free agency just started... wow.

This is incredibly ignorant. Players progress, players decline. It's ridiculous to think that if we went into next year with the EXACT same roster, we'd be the same team. We wouldn't.

It's impossible to measure right now how much we've improved or gotten worse, simply because we don't know how much better certain players will be or how much worse players will be, this also applies to the competition who also don't look outrageously better than last season.

Im sorry but losing your biggest WR who led the team in Touchdowns last year (and getting NOBODY to replace him) = getting worse.

That can change though.

In the meantime other teams specifically in the AFC East have vastly improved while we have lost players. Who else lost the talent we lost this season? Keep it in the AFC East to keep it simple.

I dont see any list of 11 guys on special teams?

I'm not listing players to play special teams in July you twit, what don't you get? Special teamers are your depth guys from offense and defense... holy crap you really don't know anything about football.

Archived