Worse WR mistake

Obrien2Toon

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the bigger mistake?

• Letting Braylon get signed for 1 mil a year (signing Plax)
    • Letting part of your heart and soul in Cotch go ( signing a washed up Mason)
    • Neither I'm a Jet homer and think Plax/Mason is better than Edwards/Cotch

People, back away from the ledge. Three bottom line about our wr moves is that we may have a significantly better group this year than last. Not only are mason and burress better than edwards and cotchery if each play arty the level they did the last time they were on a football field, but we appear to have a 4th wr who can actually play wr. (as good as smith was as a swiss army knife, he was useless as a wr)

Our floor is significantly lower, too - if burress is rusty and mason breaks down we're in serious trouble - but ignoring the upside is myopic

Your right ignoring the upside is myopic but hopeing a 34 year old and 37 year old will be effective well into the playoffs is as well.

Masons numbers tailed off last year and he was ineffective in the playoffs. Plaxico has not played the game in 2 years, has to learn a new offense, and has a swollen ankle (swollen not good at all) that becomes harder to recover from at an advanced age no matter how great a shape your in. Are these the kind of concernes we need as a playoff contender ?

Dont get me wrong Ill be rooting for these guys as much as anyone but the age issues really concern me.

Your right ignoring the upside is myopic but hopeing a 34 year old and 37 year old will be effective well into the playoffs is as well.

Masons numbers tailed off last year and he was ineffective in the playoffs. Plaxico has not played the game in 2 years, has to learn a new offense, and has a swollen ankle (swollen not good at all) that becomes harder to recover from at an advanced age no matter how great a shape your in. Are these the kind of concernes we need as a playoff contender ?

Dont get me wrong Ill be rooting for these guys as much as anyone but the age issues really concern me.

Dont forget to add in at least Turner and Kerley who should make the roster. They will take some of the burden off Plax and Mason during the regular season.

plax/mason

for

edwards/ cotchery, VERY BAD DEAL.

HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH EDWARDS NOT COMING BACK AT ALL.

BUT COTCHERY IS ( imo )BETTER THEN EATHER PLAX OR MASON.

HOLMES/COTCHERY/KERLEY, THOUGH THIS LOOKED REALLY GOOD GOING INTO THIS YEAR.

INSTEAD WE HAVE

HOLMES/ VERY GOOD DEAL.

PLAX/ DRUNK WHO SHOOTS HIMSELF

MASON/ OLD MAN WITH COBWEDS ON HIS a$$.

IMO WE TOOK A VERY BAD STEP BACK.

plax/mason

for

edwards/ cotchery, VERY BAD DEAL.

HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH EDWARDS NOT COMING BACK AT ALL.

BUT COTCHERY IS ( imo )BETTER THEN EATHER PLAX OR MASON.

HOLMES/COTCHERY/KERLEY, THOUGH THIS LOOKED REALLY GOOD GOING INTO THIS YEAR.

INSTEAD WE HAVE

HOLMES/ VERY GOOD DEAL.

PLAX/ DRUNK WHO SHOOTS HIMSELF

MASON/ OLD MAN WITH COBWEDS ON HIS a$$.

IMO WE TOOK A VERY BAD STEP BACK.

If our QB takes a step forward, then we wouldn't be taking a step back.

BTW, YOU DON'T NEED TO PUT everything IN CAPS LOCKS

OR IN WEIRD FORMATS LIKE THIS

LIKE MY COMPUTERS DOS SYSTEM.

END RANT

Archived