OK with Ellis Gone...

TNJet

Where does a Miami Dolphin fan come off questioning anyone else's RB's?

Again, Jets are young and strong at RB. Besides Greene and LT, you have Joe McKnight who came on at the end of his rookie season and is having a terrific camp and an expanded role mapped out for him, as well as highly regarded 4th rounder Bilal Powell. And, of course, The Terminator. Jets are young and deep at RB.

You guys have Reggie Bush, Polite, and what the hell else, exactly?

Well we did draft the Big 12's leading rusher in the 2nd round. But he is unproven at this point.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it's Pouha and devito and whoever lmao. Thats why you were drafting D-Line help like it's going out of style. Rex makes the defense.

Yes, Rex makes the defense great, but he's not the one making plays and owning the LOS. The guys you think suck are doing that...but hey, its all Rex. I love the guy to death, so I wont argue.

Were catching up to the times and finaly injecting our sputtering offense with some much needed speed. Big and Strong is good , but not if their statues. Also i think our front 7 on defense is going to be one of the best in the league. Add that with a solid secondary with Vontae Davis poised to take the next step as an All Pro CB and we should easily boast a top 5 defense this year. Henne is in his do or die year with his contract expiring. If he can limit the mistakes and not play like a robot that should be enough to keep us in games and have a shot at the playoffs. Notcied in camp he's becoming alot more comfortable throwing it up to Marshall and letting him go get it. This is also the first offseason (besides his stomach surgery) That Marshall is 100% and not having any hip problems. Only thing really working against us is Tony Morano. I'm hoping last year was more of Dan hennings fault and not his.

What speed did you add besides Bush?

Your defense is good, but that offense doesn't show many signs of improving to me. And that was the real weakness on the team. If you guys had landed Orton, I might've had some concerns about you. But Henne and Moore battling it out? No.

Where does a Miami Dolphin fan come off questioning anyone else's RB's?

Again, Jets are young and strong at RB. Besides Greene and LT, you have Joe McKnight who came on at the end of his rookie season and is having a terrific camp and an expanded role mapped out for him, as well as highly regarded 4th rounder Bilal Powell. And, of course, The Terminator. Jets are young and deep at RB.

You guys have Reggie Bush, Polite, and what the hell else, exactly?

WTF is he talking about?

Our top two backs combined for 1680 yards on 404 carries. Nobody expected any one Jets back to carry the load going into last year and no one in their right mind expects any one back to carry the load this year. Hell, I would be fine if all four of them had about 100 carries each this year.

We have a NT that will be regarded as one of the best in the NFL after this season. Also have our former 1st round draft pic DE Jared Odrick who is healthy. We'll be much better against the run this year.

Are you sure you didn't use to be a Raiders fan? We used to have this guy ya see....

I'm starting to feel good about the squad were fielding this year. I predict 9-7 but i would not be suprised to if we hit 10-6 and grab a playoff spot....yes i'm being serious. I think it's the Jets that will be taking a step back this year. :/ sorry fellas.

based on what exactly?

WTF is he talking about?

Our top two backs combined for 1680 yards on 404 carries. Nobody expected any one Jets back to carry the load going into last year and no one in their right mind expects any one back to carry the load this year. Hell, I would be fine if all four of them had about 100 carries each this year.

Wtf are you talking about??? Alot of people expected Green to emerge as the 1st and 2nd down back and L.T. more of a 3rd down change oif pace back. Spin it anyway you want Klecko, Green needs to step up and be the guy.

They are delusional about it. You can't help them, just have to move on.

i mean as much as I hate him Rex is one of the best coaches in football. He'll get everything out of these guys and his defensive scheming is 2nd to none. I don't see the big upgrades personel wise though.

Wtf are you talking about??? Alot of people expected Green to emerge as the 1st and 2nd down back and L.T. more of a 3rd down change oif pace back. Spin it anyway you want Klecko, Green needs to step up and be the guy.

Who are these people? Are they familiar with a team sport played on a 100-yard field at all?

So you think your team improved in the offseason?

Improved? Maybe. Dont know...does any team know if they improved this offseason right now?

I can say I love our draft, they are all guys that I thought highly of coming out of college. Wilkerson was my #1 prospect given our position and I love the potential of Ellis, Powell and Kerley. IMO Plax will be a beast, 80% of him is better than 100% of BE. And Mason is an upgrade over Cotch. Either way, I think facing Holmes/Plax/Mason/Keller/Greene or LT is going to be very difficult for any team to defend.

The only thing that we didnt "replace" is JT as OLB...maybe Westerman? Who knows. Its not like his production isnt something that we cant replace. Not worried about Brad Smith or Ellis.

We might not have got better on paper, but I dont think we got worse. So yes, again, I think the Jets will be better. Year 3 for Sanchez, some additional weapons, a year longer for everyone in Rex's system, etc.

So you think your team improved in the offseason?

The key to the Jets getting better is all about Sanchez. He improved nicely from his rookie season to least year, and he needs to continue that trend this season. To that end, they replaced Cotchery and Edwards with what should be two sets of more reliable hands in Mason and Burress. I loved Cotch, but he was a liability last year.

As for continuity and chemistry, there's been a lot of babble about the Jets losing 3/4 of their WR's, but the reality is that the Jets kept 3/4 of their leading receivers. Edwards, Holmes, Keller, and LT all topped 50 catches for the team last year, and only Edwards is gone from that group. Chemistry will be fine. Sanchez integrated Edwards and Holmes on the fly during the season the last two years, this year he has them (Mason and Burress) in camp and will have them to open the season. Should be an easier transition than what he's used to.

Jets defense is rock solid, despite anything you want to sell about the DL. Cro and Pool returning for their second year in the same system, two high picks on the DL as well as Pitoitua returning. The only starter they lost is Ellis, and they've got a first round pick slated to step in a replace him. Ellis started as a rookie first rounder, too.

Bush is getting the start right now, but i think as the season progresses Daniel Thomas will be the power back carrying the load.

Bush has missed a lot of games as a part timer. I think you need to hope that rookie gets up to speed fast.

Your telling me you didn't expect Green to emerge as the guy last year after his promosing late year performance his rookie season? Get outta here.

NFL teams don't have the guy at RB anymore. Just about everybody does it by committee nowadays. Joe McKnight gets promoted to the committee this year.

As for continuity and chemistry, there's been a lot of babble about the Jets losing 3/4 of their WR's, but the reality is that the Jets kept 3/4 of their leading receivers. Edwards, Holmes, Keller, and LT all topped 50 catches for the team last year, and only Edwards is gone from that group. Chemistry will be fine. Sanchez integrated Edwards and Holmes on the fly during the season the last two years, this year he has them (Mason and Burress) in camp and will have them to open the season. Should be an easier transition than what he's used to.

Great point...and while I do think the chemistry is important, from 09-10, the offense improved by 1 TD...so it clearly didnt play as big of a factor as many are trying claim it will.

Great point...and while I do think the chemistry is important, from 09-10, the offense improved by 1 TD...so it clearly didnt play as big of a factor as many are trying claim it will.

Albert Einstein once defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results."

So essentially, stoic and his ilk really seem to believe that bringing back the same cast of characters on the Jets offense would yield significantly better results, which as the rest of us know is a downright crazy notion.

When you need a spark you need to change things up.

There is no guarantee that the Jets offense will show major improvement with the changes they made. However, the liklihood that things would have gotten so much better had we returned the same group of receivers is zero percent.

i mean as much as I hate him Rex is one of the best coaches in football. He'll get everything out of these guys and his defensive scheming is 2nd to none. I don't see the big upgrades personel wise though.

The Jets didn't do their big FA bonanza this year, but I think the bigger point is where did the Jets really downgrade at all? The only place anyone could possibly even argue is Edwards and Ellis. Edwards was nearly run out of the league this FA period and Burress brings a similar skill set to the table as a replacement. Granted he's a bit of a question, but having a guy like Mason who's still more than capable of being a starting WR in this league is insurance against that.

As far as Ellis, while still solid, is way past his prime and getting replaced by a top draft pick who's thought of very highly by arguably the best DL coach in the league. And while they may not be known names throughout the NFL, the team also has other guys on the team as depth on the DL who they love such as Pitoitua and Dixon. The Jets kept every other FA of note and in addition to this years draft, have a roster full of A LOT of young guys who are still improving, most importantly being Sanchez, but a number of other guys who will hold key roles for the Jets, such as McKnight and Wilson, who have both been getting rave reviews out of camp. Granted nothing's a guarantee there, but the point is there's not a whole lot of reason to believe they'll be much, if any worse, while plenty of upside for them to be even better.

The key to the Jets getting better is all about Sanchez. He improved nicely from his rookie season to least year, and he needs to continue that trend this season. To that end, they replaced Cotchery and Edwards with what should be two sets of more reliable hands in Mason and Burress. I loved Cotch, but he was a liability last year.

Jets defense is rock solid, despite anything you want to sell about the DL. Cro and Pool returning for their second year in the same system, two high picks on the DL as well as Pitoitua returning. The only starter they lost is Ellis, and they've got a first round pick slated to step in a replace him. Ellis started as a rookie first rounder, too.

Bush has missed a lot of games as a part timer. I think you need to hope that rookie gets up to speed fast.

Could be b.s. but Reggie blaming the turf in the dome for the bulk of his injuries. Says playing outside on grass again is the cure lol

i agree with that but at the least i expected him to have the bulk of the carries.

I think that's more a credit to LT than a shot at Greene - and I've posted a lot on this board about not being entirely enamored with Greene, either. But LT played better out of the chute than anyone expected last season. I think you'll see Greene get the bulk of the carries this year, but he won't have a lot more than he had last year. I just think LT's carries will drop and McKnight's carries will increase.

I think that's more a credit to LT than a shot at Greene - and I've posted a lot on this board about not being entirely enamored with Greene, either. But LT played better out of the chute than anyone expected last season. I think you'll see Greene get the bulk of the carries this year, but he won't have a lot more than he had last year. I just think LT's carries will drop and McKnight's carries will increase.

Powell will be carrying the load by December.

i agree with that but at the least i expected him to have the bulk of the carries.

I agree with you regarding last year, but he did come on at the end of the year once again, and apparently has come into camp looking far better than either of the prior years. Not only that, the Jets have made it blatantly clear McKnight is going to be more involved in the offense, LT will still get his carries (although certainly not as many), and the fact is, there's a reason Powell is a Jet, just in case Greene starts off slow again. HB is just not a position I'd see as a concern for the Jets. There's enough talent there that things would need to go really wrong for it not to work out.

Not to mention Powell will take over Greene's late season role of "ok, everyone else is beat up now and you're still fresh, go run some bitches over."

Powell will be carrying the load by December.

Not to mention Powell will take over Greene's late season role of "ok, everyone else is beat up now and you're still fresh, go run some bitches over."

I've been saying the same thing since the Jets made the pick. I hope we're all right.

Archived