•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Players Jets should consider in the 1st Round of 2013

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

After watching our first 4 games, the only thing I'm excited for is the draft, considering we'll most likely have a pretty high pick. So I've made a premature short list of the players I want. Make it happen Tanny (or whoevers are GM come draft day :winking0001: )

1. Geno Smith QB WVU - If Sanchez continues playing this bad and Tebow is equally bad, we could be looking at a long season. We'd probably have to have a top 5 pick to get Geno if he continues his play. With Revis and Holmes done for the season I wouldn't rule that possibility out.

2. Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia - It seems every draft for the past 4 years were in need of a pass rusher. Jones is the perfect fit for the Jets considering he's one of the best, if not THE best pass rusher in the nation while playing OLB in a 3-4 defense at Georgia. (No College DE to NFL OLB transition). Since pass rush is such a big deal in NFL nowadays I can't see him falling out of the top 10. ( I know Gato's gonna love this guy come April)

3. Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU - If Jones is not available at our pick, it's all good. Mingo is most likely the BPRA (to clarify I mean BPA as in Best Pass Rusher available) after Jarvis Jones in the upcoming draft. He's also a great fit for the 3-4 defense.

4. Marcus Lattimore RB SC - Greene sucks. (had to get that in there)

5. Justin Hunter WR Tennessee - I don't like Holmes. I know its nearly impossible to dump him but I want him gone. He is NOT a #1 WR and is an overpaid slot receiver. I'd love this move, Hill at 6'4" 215 lbs on one side and Hunter 6'4" 200 lbs on the other with Kerley in the slot. That's weapons baby.

6. Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame - Scotts old and slow. Te'o is a beast, and is the best ILB prospect coming out of the draft this year.

So there you have it. ILB, RB, WR, OLB, QB. Knowing the Jets, they'll probably "play to win the game" and knock us out of position to get a high draft pick. Oh well, already excited for the draft. "Can't Wait"

Edited by RyanBe_Tebowing, 06 October 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Posted Image

#2 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,670 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Jarvis Jones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Geno Smith

I'm going to say it now...Geno Smith won't even be a top 3 QB prospect by the time Combine season rolls around. Not unless possibles stay in school.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#3 jorge o8

jorge o8

draft nerd

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Locationrichmond va

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

i will say this geno got one big arm ok thats it

#4 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

I'm going to say it now...Geno Smith won't even be a top 3 QB prospect by the time Combine season rolls around. Not unless possibles stay in school.

Jarvis Jones is a beast. But, I'm gonna have to disagree with you about Geno Smith. You going all out and changing your avi for Jones this draft?

Edited by RyanBe_Tebowing, 06 October 2012 - 11:50 PM.

Posted Image

#5 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,670 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

That's too much work. Anyway, I can only morph my avatar for two hours before it becomes a nothlit.

Other pass rushers and/or potential top two round picks that make sense:

Dion Jordan Oregon - Arguably the highest upside defensive player in the draft.
Sam Montgomery LSU
Alex Okafor Texas
Trevor Fredericks G Wisconsin
Jonathan Cooper G UNC
Chance Warmack G Alabama
Tyler Bray QB Tenn.
Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
CJ Mosley ILB/LB Alabama
Tyler Eifert TE ND
Alvin Bailey G Ark

Edited by SenorGato, 07 October 2012 - 12:36 AM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#6 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

24 TD's 0 INT's
Tank for Teddy.

#7 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,670 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

In college...the big east at that.

#8 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

In college...the big east at that.

The big 12
Posted Image

#9 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

That's too much work. Anyway, I can only morph my avatar for two hours before it becomes a nothlit.

Other pass rushers and/or potential top two round picks that make sense:

Dion Jordan Oregon - Arguably the highest upside defensive player in the draft.
Sam Montgomery LSU
Alex Okafor Texas
Trevor Fredericks G Wisconsin
Jonathan Cooper G UNC
Chance Warmack G Alabama
Tyler Bray QB Tenn.
Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
CJ Mosley ILB/LB Alabama
Tyler Eifert TE ND
Alvin Bailey G Ark

I like where your heads at with the guards, especially since Moores probably gone next year and Slauson isn't that great
Posted Image

#10 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,670 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

The Big 12 also sucks.

OG and OLB make the most sense for this team in this draft IMO. A big TE prospect like Eifert or Michael Williams later would also be welcome.

Edited by SenorGato, 07 October 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#11 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,756 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

The Big 12 also sucks.

OG and OLB make the most sense for this team in this draft IMO. A big TE prospect like Eifert or Michael Williams later would also be welcome.

enuff with postin bama players they suk

jets need to stick with ACC gems

#12 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

The Big 12 also sucks.

Yea I completely forgot about guards on my list but that's probably a 2nd round pick. I'd say OLB, OG, RB, TE, QB, ILB, and WR because I want Holmes outta here
Posted Image

#13 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

The Big 12 also sucks.

Yea I completely forgot about guards on my list but that's probably a 2nd round pick. I'd say OLB, OG, RB, TE, QB, ILB, and WR because I want Holmes outta here
Posted Image

#14 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,838 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

If he doesn't go back to FSU as a redshirt senior, Brandon Jenkins is someone to definitely target. Kid has top half of the first round potential and could end up closer to pick 45 or so due to missing the entire year with a lisfranc sprain. If we miss on Mingo or Jones, which I think we will seeing as we won't have a top ten pick, I don't dislike the idea of cutting Harris, drafting Te'io and then Jenkins or whatever OLB with our second or vice versa, then going OG with the next however many. I think we need to come away with an OLB who can provide consistent, non-schemed, pressure and an ILB who can actually close on the ball-carrier and drop back in coverage. Preferably you grab an OLB with your first, as these pass-rushers do not really fall out of the top 15 or so.

#15 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

QB QB QB!!! then we draft O line the rest of the draft

#16 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,039 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Mingo or Jones
Posted Image

#17 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,015 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

The Big 12 also sucks.

Everybody agrees with you? I guess you guys are 100% sold on Austin Howard already?

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#18 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,670 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Everybody agrees with you? I guess you guys are 100% sold on Austin Howard already?

I've gone mad.

Not sold on Howard but I do think the interior of the OL needs work. Moore is probably in his last year here.

Edited by SenorGato, 12 October 2012 - 10:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users