•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Simply give Cano a 10-year $100 billion contract today...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 15,080 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

just plain wrong sir

.287 average, .387 on-base % and .492 slugging %     and he has had many big hits too.

these are all well above the league average.  his OPS adjusted is 139.  100 is average.

Bob and many other Yankee fans can dislike Rodriguez. But he is a big part of why they are anywhere near a playoff berth. I doin't know what he will be like after a year or a half year of suspension in activity, but he right now is better statistically than most MLB 3rd basemen not named Wright, Cabrera or Zimmerman.

Edited by Bugg, 15 September 2013 - 01:04 PM.

Objective-Santa Clara, California

Super Bowl 50-February 7th, 2015

#27 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,360 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Bob and many other Yankee fans can dislike Rodriguez. But he is a big part of why they are anywhere near a playoff berth. I doin't know what he will be like after a year or a half year of suspension in activity, but he right now is better statistically than most MLB 3rd basemen not named Wright, Cabrera or Zimmerman.

And this is why the Yankees are going to pay Cano whatever he wants.

Even if Jeter can get back to health and be a reasonable approximation of himself, that offense is middle of the pack with Cano.  Are you going to let him walk and have replace his production as well?  Doubtful.

Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#28 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

His adjusted PPSM average is right towards the bottom of the league

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#29 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 15,080 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

His adjusted PPSM average is right towards the bottom of the league

Until he came back the Yankees were getting nothing from 3rd base, and very little from 1st base and shortstop.

#30 Bob

Bob

Retired Short-season Single-A Baseball Player

• Members
  • 13,264 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

I do NOT dislike Rodriguez. I think the charges against him are mostly bullsh*t and I appreciate what he has done for the team since he has been here. My assessment of him is based on his injury problems and production that has dropped. Better than the average? A little. Up to ARod standards? Not close.

I would be quite happy for him to win his appeal and be at 3B for the Yankees next year, even though I doubt that will happen.

Edited by Bob, 16 September 2013 - 11:10 PM.

Bob the Jets Fan™ Posted Image
I want zombie Ronald Reagan to eat Donald Trump and sh*t out a bunch of little Palins.

#31 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 15,080 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

I do NOT dislike Rodriguez. I think the charges against him are mostly bullsh*t and I appreciate what he has done for the team since he has been here. My assessment of him is based on his injury problems and production that has dropped. Better than the average? A little. Up to ARod standards? Not close.

I would be quite happy for him to win his appeal and be at 3B for the Yankees next year, even tough I doubt that will happen.

Sorry to have mischaracterized your thoughts. No real disagreement at all.

#32 shawn306

shawn306

Arbitration Eligible

• Members
  • 7,546 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Call the Dodgers.  Maybe they will take him off your hands.

The are probably the only team that can economically make a major run at Cano and if they offer him 8-10 years then the Yanks should say "Enjoy the left coast.

I can't see the Angels after their major pushes with Pujols and Hamilton already on mega deals.

Texas ? Possible

After that who else. 

Posted Image

#33 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,360 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

The are probably the only team that can economically make a major run at Cano and if they offer him 8-10 years then the Yanks should say "Enjoy the left coast.

I can't see the Angels after their major pushes with Pujols and Hamilton already on mega deals.

Texas ? Possible

After that who else. 

Dodgers could use him.

Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#34 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,672 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

The Cubs will take care of Cano, no worries. 

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#35 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,360 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

FWIW..Mike and Mike just said Cano is asking for $305 MMMMMMmmmmiiillllllllliiiiiooooonnnnn dollars.

Good Luck with that.

Eagle Honors

#36 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,954 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

Dodgers are the only team that would seem to have the money and desire to get him. In the end he will wind up with the Yankees. With their roster shaping up as this point they need to have him

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#37 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,617 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

FWIW..Mike and Mike just said Cano is asking for $305 MMMMMMmmmmiiillllllllliiiiiooooonnnnn dollars.

Good Luck with that.

Good lord.

#38 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 15,080 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Good lord.

If those really are his demands, let someone else make that mistake.

#39 WWWWombat

WWWWombat

WWWWWWW banned

• Members
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

No one is going to give Cano 300 mil. Only Kershaw and Trout are worth that kind of money right now.
Posted Image

Roberts is going, Posada throws, he is SAFE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users