Having breakfast with the Jets this morning.

slowmoe57

10426310_10203769889837035_8352832505064

Ralph Baker and his SB3 ring.

1974 Profile: Ralph Baker

Linebacker

No. 51

Penn State

"Elected the Jets defensive captain, Baker had a steady and reliable year at his left linebacker post. He started every game and helped lend a stabilizing influence on the younger linebackers when injuries forced changes in the middle and on the right side.

Baker had four interceptions, returning one of them 22 yards for a touchdown at Baltimore. His other thefts came against Buffalo, New England and Atlanta. Baker spent the entire year in good health after a mild mononucleosis and a broken wrist had haunted him in 1972. He had his finest pro campaign in 1968, topping it off with two fumble recoveries, one each in the AFL Championship and the Super Bowl.

Ralph calls the defensive signals and does a good job of mixing up the coverages. He has also seen duty in the middle spot when the Jets have switched into a 4-4 alignment. Ralph is strong at the point of attack and is excellent on downfield pass coverage.

Signed as a 6th round pick in 1964, Baker majored in mathematics in college. He likes to hunt and fish and makes his home in Greenlawn, New York. His hometown is Lewistown, Pennsylvania."

-The New York Jets Official 1974 Yearbook

Dig the Jets cap slowmoe, where yah get it?

The Mrs found it online on the Fanatics website. There was a 50 prcnt off sale few weeks back. She also got the football I am holding I got my autographs on.

Archived