NEW YORK JETS 2015 PLAYOFF PRICING

Maxman

I received this from the NY Jets today. Registering for playoff tickets? Let's hope they pay us back by making home playoff games a reality!

The NFL has introduced a new policy in which all teams are required to provide Season Ticket Holders the ability to reserve tickets for possible home Wild Card, Divisional, and Championship games before the start of each NFL regular season.  In conjunction with this League policy change, we are offering a special benefit to Season Ticket Holders: A guarantee that a seat for any potential home Wild Card game cost the same amount as the average price of that seat in a 10-game season ticket package.  Please note it is an option, not a requirement, to have seats reserved and a credit or debit card securely stored.  Season Ticket Holders will not be billed at this time; this program is “pay as we play,” so they would only be charged if and when we have secured any home playoff game.  This benefit is available to any Jets Season Ticket Holder who elects to reserve his or her seats during an early reservation period from now through Thursday, September 10. 

We recognize that we have not even played a 2015 regular season game yet and that every team’s post-season status will not be determined for months.  However, the League has instituted this policy to ensure that the playoff invoice process for all NFL teams runs smoothly.   

Season Ticket Holders can secure their early-res
ervation pricing at newyorkjets.com/myjetsaccount.  Please again note that this early reservation offer, which was required by the NFL, is completely optional. 

FAQS

·         Why are you asking Season Ticket Holders about signing up for playoff tickets now?

o    The league has instituted this policy for all 32 teams to ensure the playoff invoice process runs smoothly for all teams.

·         When will I get charged for a home game?

o    It is “pay as we play,” so you would only get charged if and when we have secured a home playoff game.

·         Will I be notified prior to my credit card being charged?

o    Yes. You will receive an email informing you of the day your card will be charged.

·         Do I have the option of changing my mind if I sign up?

o    Yes. You can opt out of purchasing your seats for the playoffs.

·         If I don’t opt in now, will I still be able to purchase my seats for home playoff games?

o    Yes. But you will not receive the Season Ticket Holder pricing benefit for the Wild Card game if you opt in after September 10.

·         When is the next deadline if I miss the pricing benefit for the Wild Card game?

o    The next deadline to sign up is still to be determined.

·         How much of a savings is there by opting in now?

o    For the Wild Card game, if played, the early opt-in savings is an average of 3%-11% depending on your seat location.

·         I pay for invoices using a company check, would I be able to mail a check?

o    No. For this program a credit or debit card must be used to reserve your seats.

·         Can I switch my credit card at any point during this process?

o    Yes. You can call us anytime to change your credit card.

·         Will I receive an email confirmation that I’ve signed up?

o    Yes. Once you reserve your seats at My Jets Account you will receive a confirmation email.

·         When will I receive my playoff tickets?

o    For your convenience, your playoff tickets will be added to your Jets Rewards Card(s) and you will be able to manage those via My Jets Account. 

·         Can I reserve more tickets than I currently own?

o    Yes. At a later date the opportunity to have access to a limited number of additional tickets will be made available to Season Ticket Holders.

·         Will I have the same parking pass as my season tickets?

o    Yes. Parking will also be priced the same as regular season.

·         Will parking increase in price after the deadline?

o    No. Parking will be the same price as what you paid on a per game basis during the regular season.

I got the same message. So if I skimmed that correctly, by opting in by sept 10, I save approx 3-11% on the wild card game if it's hosted at MetLife. Otherwise, no impact.

Also, at some point we'll be offered the ability to request a limited number of additional seats for potential playoff games.

Assuming I have that right, I suppose I'll opt in. Assuming it's easy to do so, that would be like a $9-$30 coupon if we host a wild card game? But otherwise if you didn't want to spend the energy now everything else is the same except maybe you wouldn't get that small discount.

Given the new variable pricing model for regular season game tickets, Upper Prime STHs who elect the "early opt in discount" get a wild card game for the same price ($110) as they would for non-marquee games vs Jacksonville, Tennessee, etc.  

Would have guessed at least $150 for WC upper prime seats.

Archived