Mountaineering for Wounded Warriors - Please Donate!

RutgersJetFan

Greetings JN!

Over the past couple years I have developed a serious love of climbing, and less than 6 months from now I will be attempting my most challenging adventure yet; I will be attempting to summit 3 peaks in the Ecuadorian Andes over the span of about 10 days - two 5000'ers and one 6000'er - in support of and to raise awareness for the Wounded Warrior Project, a charity and veteran's service organization dedicated to assisting wounded service members. 100% of all donations will be going to WWP. Please have a look, any and all donations are appreciated and will be going to a wonderful cause.

https://fundraise.woundedwarriorproject.org/rtt/Fundraising/individual/28141409

P.S. A big thanks to Max for letting me post this. I know soliciting isn't always ideal on an Internet forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on guys, no reason that one of us can't raise 1 grand for such an awesome cause.  Anything you can donate helps, and RJF is definitely a good dude.

It's honestly cool and partially why I started so far out. Crowdfunding can be a very slow process because I feel that people get inundated with a lot of these now, even when it comes to charity. Best you can do is just try to keep reminding people a few times a month and have faith that help will come. In my experience it usually does. Thank you again so much for the donation and also the kind words, and a Merry Christmas to you and your fam :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It is incredibly fitting that your donation was the one to put me over the top. Thank you so much, sir.

$1,000 raised. Wow. Never done anything like this before in my life. Very cool.

No, thank you for doing this. Sorry I forgot about this, I meant to donate when you first posted it.

Really good cause. Keep us posted. You get 4g on the mountain, right? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes you get the mountain, and sometimes the mountain gets you. This was my first time climbing above 15k feet and boy was that ever a difference. Caught a wicked case of acute mountain syndrome at about 17k feet and had to descend. I am back in Quito recovering and unfortunately have to head home early. In hindsight I pushed myself a little too hard during our acclimatization process, but I have always adapted in the past and just assumed I would this time too. 

Thank you to everyone on this site that donated their money. I will fly that WWP flag from the summit of my next climb, this one just wasn't meant to be. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Sometimes you get the mountain, and sometimes the mountain gets you. This was my first time climbing above 15k feet and boy was that ever a difference. Caught a wicked case of acute mountain syndrome at about 17k feet and had to descend. I am back in Quito recovering and unfortunately have to head home early. In hindsight I pushed myself a little too hard during our acclimatization process, but I have always adapted in the past and just assumed I would this time too. 

Thank you to everyone on this site that donated their money. I will fly that WWP flag from the summit of my next climb, this one just wasn't meant to be. 

I admire you for trying.  I get out of breath just climbing 4 flights of stairs at work. 

Archived