Ill fated Jets plays that drove you crazy the most...

Beerfish

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you are looking at a still w/o the other still images to compare it to. 

were Denver and Carolina on the road w/ a 3rd and 17 trailing 17-0?

What other frames do you need? This is where the ball came visibly loose.

An earlier frame would show his hand/arm even less "forward" though he actually lost grip sooner. A later frame is pointess cause he no longer had the ball.

Point is, Denver and Carolina were making use of every second of possession in a much tighter game.

Jets were desperate and couldn't afford to quit with the ball and 1:22. 

Here, pick your axis of rotation: wrist, elbow, or shoulder ...

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-12%20at%2010.41.

12 minutes ago, jetrider said:

What other frames do you need? This is where the ball came visibly loose.

An earlier frame would show his hand/arm even less "forward" though he actually lost grip sooner. A later frame is pointess cause he no longer had the ball.

Point is, Denver and Carolina were making use of every second of possession in a much tighter game.

Jets were desperate and couldn't afford to quit with the ball and 1:22. 

Here, pick your axis of rotation: wrist, elbow, or shoulder ...

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-12%20at%2010.41.

we would need to see the entire sequence.

it was 3rd and 17 though, I could understand if it wasn't an impossible down and distance w/ us being backed up.  it wasn't a smart move and we got burned.

the denver kickoff in 1998 that got held up in the wind and those bastards recovered.

so bizarre

so jets

Then, in a bizarre twist, the ensuing kickoff was caught in a swirling wind and recovered by the Broncos at the Jets’ 20-yard line.

Five plays later, the Broncos tied the game with a field goal and were on their way to scoring 23 unanswered points.

‘‘When the wind blew the kickoff back towards them, it seemed like the tide just turned on us,’’ Green said. ‘‘It was like the rug was pulled from under our feet. I remember it like it was yesterday.’’

Jason Elam kicks off 39 yards, returned by James Farrior for no gain. James Farrior fumbles, recovered by Keith Burns at NYJ-31

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

we would need to see the entire sequence.

it was 3rd and 17 though, I could understand if it wasn't an impossible down and distance w/ us being backed up.  it wasn't a smart move and we got burned.

His arm was rotating clockwise. An earlier frame will support a fumble, a later frame is useless cause he already lost the ball.

I chose this frame cause it clearly shows the ball out of his hand.  

If we got back some of the 17 yards we could still punt. We had to take a shot, not play scared. Pitt already controlled the ball for 20:50 in the half.

The play failed because Brick nudged Keisel after the snap and took the rest of the play off, not because it was a dumb decision to throw on 3rd & 17.

Go watch it on nfl.com. I can post every frame one at a time and you'll argue that you need the audio too or the tint adjusted ...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81ddf158/Gay-returns-Sanchez-fumble-for-TD

Note: click or cut and paste. It takes several seconds to load

Archived