Kizer in rd 2 instead of signing Cutler

thadude

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Been watching alot more of Deshone Kizer. Do you know who he reminds me of? 

Geno Smith. 

He's throws some very nice anticipatory passes, but the more I've watched Kizer, the more he looks like Geno Smith on the football field. Not saying that in a bad way, just his playstyle is very Genoesque. 

Sorry, but I don't see that at all. I think he's a much better prospect than Geno was coming out.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, King P said:

Sorry, but I don't see that at all. I think he's a much better prospect than Geno was coming out.

No need to be sorry, you dont see it. 

Im not comparing who's a better prospect coming out, im saying that Kizer's game (the way he plays...his style) reminds me of Geno Smith. Kinda like how Baker Mayfield's play style on the field reminds me of of Johnny Manziel, though I never liked Johnny Manziel as a quarterback prospect. 

25 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

No need to be sorry, you dont see it. 

Im not comparing who's a better prospect coming out, im saying that Kizer's game (the way he plays...his style) reminds me of Geno Smith. Kinda like how Baker Mayfield's play style on the field reminds me of of Johnny Manziel, though I never liked Johnny Manziel as a quarterback prospect. 

Fair enough. I disagree with that too.

The way Kizer plays to me, it reminds me of Josh Freeman.

And like Freeman, Kizer has all the tools and can make all the throws. It's just a matter of his attitude/demeanor & intangibles (which Freeman really lacked)

I love the comparison of Kizer to Geno because it is really gay:

1. Kizer is waaay more intelligent and personable than Geno(yeah not saying much but Geno's lack of iq and sh-theadness is why he never panned out for us)

2. Kizer is much more accurate a thrower especially in deeper throws.  Throw out the NC State game in which he played in a hurricane he would have had a significantly better completion percentage

3. Kizer is a better athlete

On April 7, 2017 at 10:04 PM, long suffering jets fan said:

Gotta be done.  Get some competition in here and low man gets cut.  Petty's in his 3rd year if he can't beat out Kizer, or Hack, he should be gone.   If he does, I don't mind keeping a 4th QB.  New England did once and that 4th QB ended up being Tom Brady. 

Did they?  I thought the pats cut Michael Bishop to keep Brady in 2001

On April 7, 2017 at 10:04 PM, long suffering jets fan said:

Gotta be done.  Get some competition in here and low man gets cut.  Petty's in his 3rd year if he can't beat out Kizer, or Hack, he should be gone.   If he does, I don't mind keeping a 4th QB.  New England did once and that 4th QB ended up being Tom Brady. 

We're not actually tanking or at least not trying to tank the jets are just having another really inept offseason

Mac's only hope is to get a young Qb in this year's draft, not 2018 or 2039 but this year that's why he's looking hard at Trubisky

57 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Thought I heard that on Brady's football life episode.  

The pats were actually considering cutting Brady or putting him on the practice squad but he outplayed Bishop in TC

On 4/11/2017 at 0:45 AM, thadude said:

We're not actually tanking or at least not trying to tank the jets are just having another really inept offseason

The Jets are doing exactly what they want to this season - calling it inept is foolish. They are purging themselves of older players and starting a complete rebuild with youth. How is that inept? They are following their plan.

Archived