Sign in to follow this  
TuscanyTile2

If you don't go to games are you a "real Jets fan"?

On 6/13/2017 at 9:24 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I like that SAR is essentially describing the purchase of Jets tickets as helping one move up in a pyramid scheme.

Madoff was a huge jets fan

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Sounds very much like an Amway pitch trying to convince himself that it makes sense. 

Let's just tell it like it is : SAR I is a shill for the team and is on the payroll like Fireman Ed was .

35 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Let's just tell it like it is : SAR I is a shill for the team and is on the payroll like Fireman Ed was .

SAR I aka Woody Johnson :shutup:

On June 12, 2017 at 10:02 PM, JetsFanatic said:

I've had Season Tickets since 1978.  That said, no one has the right to judge how good a fan anyone is.  We all know in our own hearts how we feel about the Jets.  I don't think anyone can be a bigger fan than me, but life happens and sometimes you just can't get to the game.  Also tickets have gotten so expensive, economics sometimes dictate whether or not to buy tickets.

Bottom line, going to games is not a barometer on how big a fan one is.

Totally agree here.  And also, some imply that money is a barometer that measures your fandom.  That is total bullish*t.

I have been blessed to be able to afford and go to many Jet games in my life but it doesn't make me a better fan than the "down and out" guy who roots and reads about the Jets every day, the 15 year old kid with Jet banners and posters plastered on his bedroom wall watching on TV or disabled vet who roots and watches every game from the hospital.

I will agree that going to games is a luxury.  But half of those privileged pricks in the stands possess no where near the fandom that the group I cited above does.  

10 hours ago, BRONX DUDE said:

I DONT MEAN TO BE PICKY BUT THAT IS NOT A # 10 PENNINGTON JERSEY BUT # 80 Wayne Chrebet.

4th from the left 1-2-3-4 white jersey PENNINGTON..

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

4th from the left 1-2-3-4 white jersey PENNINGTON..

No idea if it's his real pic but. if so, are you sure he's okay with you posting it online?  Seems like it might be crossing a line.  

Yeah

The living room experience keeps getting better, the game experience stays the same or is getting worse. 

Add in the mobile experience growing up and going to games is becoming basically a novelty 

Look, Woody can do whatever he wants to and I'll still be a Jets fan. And I want to go to games this year even if they are $17 each on Stubhub because nobody wants to go. We've been through this before with a number of New York teams. Look, the worst case scenario is the Jets crash and burn this year and Woody has an excuse to fire Bowles and Mac. And I'd go even further in terms of bad scenarios. Something that would make me want to quit as a Jets fan. What if he then re-hires Rex Ryan as Jets HC. Someone he has always personally liked and a guy out of coaching. I mean if he did that I would want to leave. But I can't. Jets fan for life. 

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No idea if it's his real pic but. if so, are you sure he's okay with you posting it online?  Seems like it might be crossing a line.  

*Many other photos posted on this forum cross the line more so than this one. 

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have just reported this to the mods.

SAR I

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's him, but since you can't see his mug, thankfully, there's no infraction here; unless YOU are implying his face and @$$ are identical and one in the same. :D

On 6/13/2017 at 1:51 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Pedestrian, officers vs. enlisted men, A-level, B-level, C-level, fortune, poseur.

I never liked the other place.  Did he run the same bit over there?   

On usenet he was a racist with a foot fetish. People change. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

*Many other photos posted on this forum cross the line more so than this one. 

JoeWilly12: I banned you for a week recently. Which was a miracle that you didn't get a lifetime ban. Your next spelling error will result in a lifetime ban. If you PM me to explain your side, you will get a lifetime ban. Actually, you are going to give yourself a 48 hour time out. If you post again over the next 48 hours, even to agree with this, you will get a lifetime ban. Simply put we are absolutely done with your bullshit. It is in no way acceptable to post pictures of other people without their consent.

Sar: tone it down. The act is annoying and attacking groups of people isn't acceptable.

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Disagree. You can't see his face and as you stated you don't even know if its really him. The guy is basically crossing the line when he talks about his idea of what a "real fan" is anyway.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:29 AM, JiF said:

I dont know about going to the games but I do know, you're not a real fan unless you wear authentic jerseys. 

I only go to a few games and only wear t-shirts, so I'm like, really not a real fan.

it took far too long into this thread for this response. I'm disappointed in this place. 

so when I lived in Long Island in the 70's I went to many games at Shea

I moved to NJ later on and so did the Jets so I went to a few games here and there.

In the 90's I lived in Passaic Park and went to many games as I could always find scalped tickets. My schedule was to hectic to buy in advance back then

since then I lived in south Florida and saw them there..it seemed like a home game

last 19 years been in Charlotte and I see them when they come here.

So I never go to games hardly, however I  see every game good or bad I suffer through them.....

However still I am still a real fan and my kids are being raised to suffer as well even though we do enjoy a Panthers game occasionally as well.

On 6/12/2017 at 9:56 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Personally I've only gone to a handful of Jet games in my life (the best being 41-0 over the Colts in the playoffs and the worst probably being Vinny T's opening day ruptured Achilles tendon) but I certainly feel like a "real Jet fan".  Just wondering what the consensus on the forum is.

Side note: I would absolutely never even consider paying for a PSL.  I've always been a sports fan but ticket prices are absolutely insane.

Ive been a Jets fan since 79, when I was 9.

Ive never been to a game, but some day the stars will align and I will get to go. Hard to make it a one day trip from Maine and get to work in the morning, so I would have to hit a cheap hotel and call out of work if I couldnt get the time off. (no Im not going to a Jets game in Foxboro)

I envy you guys that live closer to the stadium and get to go, but I consider myself just as big of a fan as those that do.

I agree with never questioning someone if they are a fan, however, if people want to post silly threads saying they are done with the team, then i think their fan status should be questioned.

I would imagine that the very title to this thread is offensive to many Jets fans who simply can't go to games.  

This board loves pissing contests as to who the are the "good" fans and who aren't.  Pointless.  We are all fans.  Going to games is a personal choice. Choosing not to doesn't mean you aren't a fan and doesn't mean you aren't a "good" fan, whatever that means. 

Now I can ignore the rest of this thread.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:57 AM, Flushing Roots said:

Totally agree here.  And also, some imply that money is a barometer that measures your fandom.  That is total bullish*t.

I have been blessed to be able to afford and go to many Jet games in my life but it doesn't make me a better fan than the "down and out" guy who roots and reads about the Jets every day, the 15 year old kid with Jet banners and posters plastered on his bedroom wall watching on TV or disabled vet who roots and watches every game from the hospital.

I will agree that going to games is a luxury.  But half of those privileged pricks in the stands possess no where near the fandom that the group I cited above does.  

Great post. Totally agree. Judging your fandom by how many games you go to is so stupid. It means nothing. Some people spend their entire time at games on their smart phone.

I've been blessed to be able to afford season tickets until I gave them up and still go to many games because I occasionally miss the atmosphere of the game at the stadium. But plenty of people are huge fans who simply don't enjoy going to games like they once did. I fall into this category. I love this team and franchise so much. But going to games after a while stopped becoming as fun as it once was. The game day experience watching at home I found much more enjoyable. That's just my opinion. But because I don't go to more than 2 games a year, it doesn't make me any less of a fan than the guy who goes to all the home games and travels to the away games. That's just what that person likes to do, good for them, but that doesn't make them a bigger fan.