Looks like Mickens going to the Browns

faba

The Browns are close to agreeing to terms with veteran cornerback Ray Mickens, according to a league source.

Mickens, 32, was released last week by the New York Jets after they signed Ty Law. He played his entire nine-year career with the Jets, including the 1997-99 seasons while Crennel was on their coaching staff. Crennel this week said he was considering adding a veteran cornerback because of the prolonged absence of Daylon McCutcheon, (migraines) who returned to the field in shorts and worked out with trainer John Lott. He didn't participate in drills

He has handled himself with alot of class. I wish Ray luck and hope he stays healthy.

"I'm just trying to be patient," Mickens told The Star Ledger last night. "I just want to make sure I have the right fit. I'm not rushing into anything. ... To be honest, I'm still in shock that I'm not a Jet."

Mickens was a loyal guy- but it was time for us to move on with younger players in the secondary. He actually did a rework of his contract also to the Jets that helped us financially with the salary cap

He has handled himself with alot of class. I wish Ray luck and hope he stays healthy.

"I'm just trying to be patient," Mickens told The Star Ledger last night. "I just want to make sure I have the right fit. I'm not rushing into anything. ... To be honest, I'm still in shock that I'm not a Jet."

Who's the babe in the picture?

I gotta meet her.

Archived