Kudos to C Rob Felix

Bugg

It's easy to rip Ducasse. Flip side is C Rob Felix was sent in there on a moment's notice and for the most part played a solid game. Possibly we have a guy who can fill in on the OL right here. It wasn't perfect, but it was representative; he stepped up in a tough spot and di the job.

not with you there bro, looked like he was the slip up on the reverse and then got called for holding on the very next play. then again it could have been our converted DL that did that, didnt catch the name.

Might've hled to save the QB's life.

Calling a reverse in a preseason game is asking for trouble. Not sure it's such a hot idea when the games count either, especially when triple threat Brad Smith is no longer getting the ball.

Felix did an admirable job stepping in as a 3rd stringer with no advance notice. He snapped well in the shotgun and didn't get anyone killed like a second-rounder I know, no center/qb exchange fumbles either. . Considering the short training period, the lousy play of Ducasse beside him and lack of snaps at center with the first string--I think his performance was good. Expecting him to be very good would be unrealistic in his situation I think. Acceptable play by a JAG with some heart. I'll take it in preseason.

Anyone notice this preseason how much teams are blitzing? I thought it used to be almost liek a gentlemans rule not to blitz. lol

I think the old rules are out the window for this year. Every team in the league is playing catchup and that means doing everything they can to get as many real practice reps as possible. Between the shortened offseason and the new limits on TC practices, every team is going to go all out in these games.

Anyone notice this preseason how much teams are blitzing? I thought it used to be almost liek a gentlemans rule not to blitz. lol

After the piss poor job he did in Dallas, Wade Phillips was trying to make an impression on his new employers.

I think Felix was barely adequate. Not worthy of a thread either way.

The blitzing comes from a few things. The average o now will kill any D without pressure, therefore it is necessary to prep. With so many teams playing 3-4 now there blitzes on every play.

Of course you run reverses in preseason. First, it's time to practice everything and second, you use it to give opponents something else to have to practice against game week. Like the wildcat, it takes away from time practicing against the regular O.

Archived