Jet Nation Pro Pickem Leagues

PFSIKH

The ones that participated last year should receive a notification through their enrolled email. Any newcomers are welcomed.

Only change from last year is it is set-up w/confidence picks. :confused0082:

Group: Jet Nation

PW: jetnation

After taken my time to set the above league up last year, Klecko whined about not having a league based off of Point Spread. :confused0082:

Group: Jet Nation Spread Em'

PW: jetnation

Just joined the pickem league, what does "confidence points" mean?

You rate your confidence in your picks being right. Ex, if you think the pats-phags game is a sure thing you rate it #1. the toughest pick would be 16.

BTW, I'm in.

You rate your confidence in your picks being right. Ex, if you think the pats-phags game is a sure thing you rate it #1. the toughest pick would be 16.

BTW, I'm in.

Are you sure? The way I read it, was that the game you are most confident in, (ex, again you are feeling positive that the pats will beat the fins, though I'm not sure why cuz the Phins have pretty muched owned the Pats at home, but regardless, :)) you assign that game 16 points, and then rank down from there.

Another ex., you give the Jets 15 confidence points over the Cowboys , and let's say the Giants 14 confidence points over Washington, and so on.... assigning a confidence point for each game down to 1.

That way if the Pats beat the Phins, (your most positive prediction), you gain 16 points. If the Phins win, you get no confidince points. The Jets win you get 15 confidence points, but it the Cowboys win you get nothing, and so, on.

That's how I interpreted it anyway. Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Could someone clear this up.

Are you sure? The way I read it, was that the game you are most confident in, (ex, again you are feeling positive that the pats will beat the fins, though I'm not sure why cuz the Phins have pretty muched owned the Pats at home, but regardless, :)) you assign that game 16 points, and then rank down from there.

Another ex., you give the Jets 15 confidence points over the Cowboys , and let's say the Giants 14 confidence points over Washington, and so on.... assigning a confidence point for each game down to 1.

That way if the Pats beat the Phins, (your most positive prediction), you gain 16 points. If the Phins win, you get no confidince points. The Jets win you get 15 confidence points, but it the Cowboys win you get nothing, and so, on.

That's how I interpreted it anyway. Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Could someone clear this up.

actually that does make more sense. Damn I may have to change all my picks...PF, whats the gig?

What are Confidence Points?

Confidence Points are used to give a different weight to each game in a given week. You'll assign a point value (from 1 to 16 if there are 16 games, 1 to 14 if there are 14 games, etc.) to each game based on how strongly you feel about the accuracy of your pick. If your pick is correct, you'll receive points equal to the confidence-point value you associated with that game.

So, if you pick Pittsburgh to beat Dallas and assign the game a confidence point value of 15, you'd get 15 points for a correct pick, but no points if Dallas wins. You don't lose points for an incorrect pick.

Each week's points will be tallied, and the player finishing with the highest total at the end of the year will be the winner of the group.

Each confidence point value may be used only once per week. So, during a 16-game week, after you've assigned 16 points to a game, your next highest available value is 15 points.

Please note that only Private Groups can elect to incorporate confidence points.

Archived