Shonn Greene - I am not a fan

slats

Greene hasn't been running with any power this season. He's been a tripping clumsy mess dating back to last year.

Tripping and lack of power are two different things. I think more Brandon Jacobs and less Blair Thomas.

Another thing, as far as the tripping goes, I think the MetLife field sucks. I see a ton of guys slipping and tripping. It seems to have turned Derrick Mason and Justin Keller into Eric Smith. If it gets even slightly wet it seems ridiculous. I'm not using that as an excuse for Greene so much as an observation about the field. Think of the games where they laid an egg on O last year. All of them except the 2nd Pats game were at home. I'd bet the field was a little damp and slick in all three-Ravens, Packers, 'phins. Of course maybe I am just full of sh*t because they put up some big points at home as well.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people afraid to admit that Greene hasnt become the player we all thought he would?

I don't think anyone is afraid to admit that. But keep in mind he was a 3rd rounder. Granted, we traded up to get him, but there's a reason 32 teams passed on him....twice. He's not ever going to be an elite back.

Still, he brings positives to the table, and at the end of the season, there's few backs I'd prefer to have. The man is a closer.

This week will be important for him. Oakland does not have a great run defense, but we also won't have Mangold. The onus will be on Shonn to make things happen himself at times this week and not depend on the O-line.

Jax was playing 8 in the box with the other safety up for a good portion of that game. They blitzed a whopping total of 2 times. That and through two weeks our line is ranked right at the bottom of the league in run blocking. I don't even know how you evaluate a RB when your QB is this mediocre and the line plays this poorly.

Pretty much. While I think Greene has been doing his best Thomas Jones impersonation this season, its not like both teams we've played havent geard up big time to stop the run. Hell, thats all Jax can do defensively. And when you're oline play has been pathetic with a QB that teams dare to throw, cant really see how anyone is ready to dismiss the running game or backs right now.

I dont think Greene will ever be elite or lead the league in rushing, but I think he's definitely a solid player who can hit the hole, when there's a hole to hit.

I don't think anyone is afraid to admit that. But keep in mind he was a 3rd rounder. Granted, we traded up to get him, but there's a reason 32 teams passed on him....twice. He's not ever going to be an elite back.

Still, he brings positives to the table, and at the end of the season, there's few backs I'd prefer to have. The man is a closer.

This week will be important for him. Oakland does not have a great run defense, but we also won't have Mangold. The onus will be on Shonn to make things happen himself at times this week and not depend on the O-line.

Oakland was his breakout game his rookie year right? I'm hoping it his breakout game in 2011 too.

You guys are way too hard on Greene. Its the offensive line. As I predicted our running game his horrible (below top 20 teams in yards per carry and yards per game through 2 weeks). Don't use the cop out excuse that our running game is down due to passing, we are passing more because we get no production out of the running game. I really can't believe we didn't address our offensive line this offseason after we lost Woody.

You guys are way too hard on Greene. Its the offensive line. As I predicted our running game his horrible (below top 20 teams in yards per carry and yards per game through 2 weeks). Don't use the cop out excuse that our running game is down due to passing, we are passing more because we get no production out of the running game. I really can't believe we didn't address our offensive line this offseason after we lost Woody.

+10000000. Hunter has had a rough time getting back into the swing of things. I wish he was playing like he did in the playoffs, but his focus seems to be off. Everyone's so quick to jump on players for low production without analyzing the whole situation. Nobody was saying they weren't a fan of Greene in the Patriots game when he scored the game sealing TD. If our o line gets better and Greene's production still sucks, then I'll be concerned.

+10000000. Hunter has had a rough time getting back into the swing of things. I wish he was playing like he did in the playoffs, but his focus seems to be off. Everyone's so quick to jump on players for low production without analyzing the whole situation. Nobody was saying they weren't a fan of Greene in the Patriots game when he scored the game sealing TD. If our o line gets better and Greene's production still sucks, then I'll be concerned.

I was kind of upset he didnt take a knee...but no biggie.

Archived