the NFL = the AFL

Blackout

14 of 32 starting QB's had 300 yards....one had 400 and one had 500 yards

meanwhile only 6 running backs had 100 yard games

I miss when you only had ONE team that tried to be the '99 rams, not half the leagues teams

The NFL is doing this on purpose to ruin fantasy football. They were tired of people always picked RB's the first 2 rounds. They want a more balanced fantasy draft moving forward.

nope. there were 1,300 more passing yards this opening week than last years!

That is insane. Especially considering that the consesus was that D would dominate for the first couple of week because of the lack of an offseason. Very interesting indeed. I wonder if it had to do with starting field position because of the new rules.

That is insane. Especially considering that the consesus was that D would dominate for the first couple of week because of the lack of an offseason. Very interesting indeed. I wonder if it had to do with starting field position because of the new rules.

You know who isn't included in this stat? JOSH FREEMAN.

I wonder if it had to do with starting field position because of the new rules.

I'm sure that's A factor but it doesn't fully explain the giant leap in yardage that we witnessed. I think the conventional wisdom that defense would dominate was dead wrong. Lack of conditioning affects defense negatively more than it does offense.

You know who isn't included in this stat? JOSH FREEMAN.

Ha! Good one...but I think the Detriot D is going to be nasty this year.

Just wait for the thread I'm about to bump. Its classic JiF. You'll love it.

I'm sure that's A factor but it doesn't fully explain the giant leap in yardage that we witnessed. I think the conventional wisdom that defense would dominate was dead wrong. Lack of conditioning affects defense negatively more than it does offense.

Meh, I think the conditioning aspect is same across the board. I think what people are referring to when they make that point is its easier to just go play D, not worrying about the playbook and being in rhythm as oppossed to an offense that takes a little of both to be successful.

Ha! Good one...but I think the Detriot D is going to be nasty this year.

Just wait for the thread I'm about to bump. Its classic JiF. You'll love it.

Meh, I think the conditioning aspect is same across the board. I think what people are referring to when they make that point is its easier to just go play D, not worrying about the playbook and being in rhythm as oppossed to an offense that takes a little of both to be successful.

I couldn't agree more. I think they have holes in the secondary but you need to try and get that ball out QUICK because that D-line is going to generate pressure. Kind of like that D-line that the Giants had when they went to the SB. No, I'm not saying the Lions are SB bound, but that they just have a really good DL. Fairley isn't even playing yet and he can be a money pass-rusher next to Suh.

Archived