Free Tickets to the Jets\Jaguars game this Sunday

Maxman

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry everyone... got back late sunday night and then work was a bitch yesterday.

First I'd like to thank Max, JetNation, and Mastercard. It was a great day. It was nice to make it to a game in the new stadium after having gone to games for so many years before giving up tickets with the move to the new stadium. I went with my wife and a long time friend who always went to games with me in december when no one else would go and our season sucked.

The seats were nice. Wide, padded, cup holder. Good view of the field. But it was way too high up for premium seats. I can only imagine how bad it must look from the top deck of the stadium. I guess I was expecting something better.

The Touchdown club was nice. It was nice having a separate entrance from the unwashed common fan. Long escalator ride to the seats. Once we got there, we took a walk around the entire touchdown club. Lots of food choices, a wine bar! and plenty of places to get a drink. The staff was friendly. Lots of tv's and couches and cushions to sit on while waiting for the game to start. We enjoyed a beer before the game started and liked the tiny view we had of the NY skyline.

The seats were right on the 50yd line (just like my old seats).

The bathrooms were nice, but for 400 a ticket, I expect the walls, floors and urinals to actually be clean. I was surprised that there was dust and dirt on the walls... someone needs to invest in a duster.

The view from inside the club out to the field was.... depressing. At baseball stadiums, the club level normally affords a great view of the area, skyline.. something. Obviously football stadiums are different since they are normally oval shaped. But to have my beer and look at empty grey seats from inside the club was disappointing.

The club itself had the ambiance of a hotel lobby. It was nice. Lots of choices, but... ehh... for $400 a ticket I expect more than an area of concession stands.

The fans in the section were dull... just what I expect out of the elite. Very little cheering.. Very little engagement in the game. Worst part was when the real fans in the stadium were cheering for the defense or a great play, we couldnt hear it. It felt like I was watching the game on a really big tv from a blimp camera view. I really hope its a lot louder in the lower and upper sections, but that level it was nothing.... And the luxury boxes blocked any sounds...

The sun was beating down on us pretty severely. And the wonderful wind we hated in the parking lot was nowhere to be found during the game. There was no air movement at all... It felt like being in Miami for a game (plus the tons of empty seats around the stadium also added to that effect). After 3 quarters of being beaten down by the sun and temperature, we retreated to the club to continue to watch the game... where there was nobody...

So my review??? The seats were awesome. Are they worth the money? No way. There was nothing in the Touchdown Club that made it worthwhile. Having expanded food and drink options isnt worth 300 bucks.

I certainly hope the fans who have season tickets are happy and get a lot of enjoyment out of the games. I feel lucky that I got to see the game from some awesome seats and still came away underwhelmed... it reinforced for me that i made the right decision for me not to get tickets for the new stadium. And quite honestly, being at the game didnt have the same rush it once had... Maybe Im still bitter about the whole stadium thing... maybe its because Ive got a lot more going on in my life now than 2 years ago.. I dont know..... But it was magical for me to be there, to get closure from the old bitter feelings about the new stadium... I once compared losing my seats to losing a loved once to cancer... We knew it would come to an end and enjoyed it as long as possible, and once i lost it, I was lost, disillusioned, and empty inside. I have finally gotten over my loss.. I have my closure. I now wish those with tickets as much enjoyment as I had for 14 years... its your turn now.

Archived