Mark Sanchez Is What He Is, (and that's all that he is)

T0mShane

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's time to close the books on Sanchez's alleged potential to be an elite QB. He is what he is--a streaky, inaccurate, tough little dude. That's it. No QB in the league has a more comfortable situation to play in--an elite defense and special teams guaranteeing him great field position and opportunities, to go along with a good OL and high-end receiving corps. And, yet, the offense is a consistent ****fest. We can blame Scottenheimer, sure, but it's Sanchez out there still throwing INT's that rookies shouldn't even be throwing and missing receivers that rookies shouldn't miss, in Year Three.

This is not to say that Sanchez isn't a good QB. Obviously, you can win with him. But, we have to stop deluding ourselves into believing that there's some great, as-yet untapped pool of talent under the surface here. He's not, nor will he ever be, a top-10 QB. He's basically the reincarnation of Steve Beurlein.

blah blah blah blah someone sounds butt hurt and sounds like they are trying to still come up with excuses so that they convince themselves that they arent wrong. You know what Mark is, a stand up guy, and that is more than what A TON of Jets fans can call themselves..

http://6abc.com/sports/sanchez-greets-fans-in-postgame-cheesesteak-stop/389864/

This thread is great, all of the people today saying one game isnt enough to say sanchez is good were saying before that three seasons were not enough evidence to say he was bad. The homerism is absolutely incredible.

It's cute that you aren't able to realize that this does more to discredit your position than support it.

This thread is great, all of the people today saying one game isnt enough to say sanchez is good were saying before that three seasons were not enough evidence to say he was bad. The homerism is absolutely incredible.

It's cute that you aren't able to realize that this does more to discredit your position than support it.

:rl: :rl:

Hold up homeboy...this thread was started in the beginning of year 3, so technically 2 years, as in his 3rd year.  It was the right call to give him that year....and maybe even, at least, the start of year 4. Also, I and, at least, a couple others here did say that he had all the making of a Rich Gannon type of career. 

Bottom line is Mark Sanchez isn't winning anybody any Super Bowl's, they gave him plenty of time to develop here, he didn't, good riddance. 

Hold up homeboy...this thread was started in the beginning of year 3, so technically 2 years, as in his 3rd year.  It was the right call to give him that year....and maybe even, at least, the start of year 4. Also, I and, at least, a couple others here did say that he had all the making of a Rich Gannon type of career. 

Bottom line is Mark Sanchez isn't winning anybody any Super Bowl's, they gave him plenty of time to develop here, he didn't, good riddance.

Just like it was "right" to piss away another year on geno? If you got rex as hc the only smart play is to have a qb that was developed somewhere else. Not surprising vick (who is a mere shell of his former self) is best qb play under rex's tenure. Orton wouldve brought us to playoffs last year

Just like it was "right" to piss away another year on geno? If you got rex as hc the only smart play is to have a qb that was developed somewhere else. Not surprising vick (who is a mere shell of his former self) is best qb play under rex's tenure. Orton wouldve brought us to playoffs last year

I agree, I think they completely muffed this Geno situation. To start the season maybe but to leave him in long enough to destroy it, is as bad a coaching decision as leaving Sanchez in for too long in 2012. IMO completely showed the ineptitude of Rex. Obviously the leash of year 4 for Sanchez vs. year 2 for Geno is completely circumstantial, given a hundred different variables.. 

I agree, I think they completely muffed this Geno situation. To start the season maybe but to leave him in long enough to destroy it, is as bad a coaching decision as leaving Sanchez in for too long in 2012. IMO completely showed the ineptitude of Rex. Obviously the leash of year 4 for Sanchez vs. year 2 for Geno is completely circumstantial, given a hundred different variables..

I like you. What are you up to friday night?

Archived