Red Sox vs. Yankees

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rays will only go as far as their pitching takes them their line up is pedestrian at best.

Well, then, that's a huge problem for the Boston Red Sox... Because they have awful pitching. And as we all know, pitching is what takes you far during the playoffs.

Rays: 7th in ERA.

Sox: 21st in ERA.

Rays: 5th in runs allowed, with 602.

Sox: 21st in runs allowed, with 720.

Rays: 2nd in batting average against (.234)

Sox: 9th in batting average against (.247).

Rays: 4th in quality starts, with 98.

Sox: 29th in quality starts, with 70.

Rays: 2nd in complete games, with 15.

Sox: 25th in complete games, with 2.

The Red Sox also field a mediocre defense at best...

To make a long story short, maybe you should stop worrying about the Rays offense (which has came to live over the past month) and instead... Focus on the horrible pitching from the SLUMPING Red Sox. Heck, the lack of overall pitching (it sucks) out of Boston has been the reason why this Red Sox team is on the verge of melting down like never before. History in the making, too bad the Sox will end up on the wrong side of the sticks; all because of lack of pitching.

Why would you care what the Yankees do....Do what you say, and worry about your own team

I agree with you mate. CrazyCarl40, as much as I appreciate his Homeric love for the Sox, needs to look at the standings. The Sox are farking awful.

The Sox are farking awful.

I agree. 6-19 during the month of September type of awful.

Don't count on the Red Sox doing anything better than a split against the O's during their last two games either, because the Red Sox haven't won consecutive games since dating back to August 27th during a day/night double header. Going a full month, without back to back wins? That's ugly.

I agree. 6-19 during the month of September type of awful.

Don't count on the Red Sox doing anything better than a split against the O's during their last two games either, because the Red Sox haven't won consecutive games since dating back to August 27th during a day/night double header. Going a full month, without back to back wins? That's ugly.

I'm pretty sure the Red Sox are going to lose both games. 6-19 says it all. Is that even a true stat? Can't believe they even won 6 games!

Why would you care what the Yankees do....Do what you say, and worry about your own team

I normally do. Now that all of you Yankees fans have come out of the woodwork this last month to beat your chests, I'm going to especially enjoy when they get knocked out of the playoffs the way you have enjoy the Sox fall from the best team in the league. Can't wait.

I normally do. Now that all of you Yankees fans have come out of the woodwork this last month to beat your chests, I'm going to especially enjoy when they get knocked out of the playoffs the way you have enjoy the Sox fall from the best team in the league. Can't wait.

Huge difference

We'll have made the playoff, all while the Sawx were sent home, once again embarrassing their entire fanbase.

Gainzo is right, time to accept the fact the Sawx choked it away and it adds a black eye to a reeling organization

Huge difference

We'll have made the playoff, all while the Sawx were sent home, once again embarrassing their entire fanbase.

Gainzo is right, time to accept the fact the Sawx choked it away and it adds a black eye to a reeling organization

Who is embarrassed? Not me. It's just a game. If you are so impacted in your daily life by sports teams, you need to reevaluate your life.

The season isn't over and it's not a black eye. Jesus you take this way too seriously.

Having a bad month doesn't make them a bad team.

Wrong. This hasn't been a "bad month", it's been a horrendous one. More like a nightmare for the franchise, team and fan base. The Red Sox haven't won consecutive games since August 27th and have since gone 6-19 during the month of September. This hasn't been a "bad month" for Boston... It's been an embarrassing and dreadful one. No team in history has ever had a 9 game lead heading into September and actually blew that 9 game lead. The Red Sox have became the first to do so.

If Boston fails to make the playoffs this year, the 2011 Red Sox will always and forever be known as the team that collapsed like never before. It'll most definitely go down as the biggest choke job in regular season sporting history. Face it, this Red Sox team of 2011 can't handle the pressure. Instead, they've hid under a rock while watching the Rays gain ground at the same time.

When it rains it pours. The Red Sox season has really gone up in flames.

Baltimore: 1

Red Sox: 0

It's only the bottom of the 2nd inning, but still, it's not a good sign for Boston... Not a good sign that they're losing to a last place team during a MUST WIN game.

Any updates?

Archived